Is my battery fried?

Thread: Is my battery fried?

fraserb2 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Liked
    0 times

Is my battery fried?

I had my battery attached to my car verizon car charger this weekend and when I went to detach the phone it was extremely hot (111F on berrymeter). Ever since this, my phone on standby (just the 5 normal programs running) has a discharge of around 3%. Whereas normally on standby I was having 1.3-1.8 discharge under the similar circumstances. So has my battery lost it juice?

Liked
    0 times
    Anyone know whats going on?

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fraserb2 View Post
    Anyone know whats going on?

Have you drained the battery all the way (where it shuts off the radio) and then put it on the charger with the phone off and let it recharge completely? That is what I would do and then check your stats and see what they are doing.

Hope this helps

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtenney View Post
    Have you drained the battery all the way (where it shuts off the radio) and then put it on the charger with the phone off and let it recharge completely? That is what I would do and then check your stats and see what they are doing.

Hope this helps
    I tried your suggestion, but I did not see an increase in the overall battery life. Outside of this could it have damaged the blackberry hardware?

Liked
    7 times
    I tried your suggestion, but I did not see an increase in the overall battery life. Outside of this could it have damaged the blackberry hardware?
    Here is what I would do at this point. I would call Verizon and tell them your battery got really hot well hooked up to a charger, and now it is draining faster than normal. They should off to send you a new battery

And no you shouldn't have caused any damage to the hardware but if you did then this call to Verizon would be in your files, so if you ever needed to get a new one you could reference it.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtenney View Post
    Here is what I would do at this point. I would call Verizon and tell them your battery got really hot well hooked up to a charger, and now it is draining faster than normal. They should off to send you a new battery

And no you shouldn't have caused any damage to the hardware but if you did then this call to Verizon would be in your files, so if you ever needed to get a new one you could reference it.
    Thanks for the help. They are sending me a new battery.

Liked
    7 times
    Thanks for the help. They are sending me a new battery.
    Excellent glad to hear it