Mookdog is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Storm Audio output through car stereo

You know I dont know what is wrong with RIM and why they havent corrected the problem but if I do a battery pull on my Storm My Audio from my storm to my car stereo is excellent. As soon as I get a phone call or text message the sound quality gets low. Anyone know of a sure fire way to fix this situation it becomes aggravating

Mookdog :tapedshut:

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookdog View Post
    You know I dont know what is wrong with RIM and why they havent corrected the problem but if I do a battery pull on my Storm My Audio from my storm to my car stereo is excellent. As soon as I get a phone call or text message the sound quality gets low. Anyone know of a sure fire way to fix this situation it becomes aggravating

Mookdog :tapedshut:
    What os are you running? I listen to my storm through my car stereo at least 1.5 hours a day and get phone calls and text and have never had this problem..i have done it on .75 .113 .114v3 .114v3.5 .couple of my own .122/5.0 and now on .132...so im wondering if its not your phone?

Justin Rampage is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Justin Rampage On Twitter
    PIN
    30FF5FD9
    Device
    9550 (Storm 2)
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    I'm being lazy. I want to hook my Storm up in my '02 VW Jetta. I have a stock Monsoon radio so I'm sure it will be a pain in the arse! I just wish I could use a straight 3.5mm jack going from the radio to the Storm, but no hookup on the front of the radio. What is the best way that you guys have found to hook this bad boy up in the car?
    Last edited by Justin Rampage; 04-24-2009 at 11:09 AM.
    5.0.0.517/.612 Lyricidal Hybrid
    My Blog: RAMPAGED REALITY
    Rampage's Online Storm Wallpaper Collection:1,600+ Quality Storm Wallpapers - Unique and Badass
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Full Metal Foil | BlackBerry Pin: 30FF5FD9
    Like my work? Feeling generous? DONATE

Justin Rampage is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Justin Rampage On Twitter
    PIN
    30FF5FD9
    Device
    9550 (Storm 2)
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Let me know if this is a good setup. I should be able to run my Storm with bluetooth through the radio. Sony Xplod MEX-BT2700
    Rampage's Online Storm Wallpaper Collection:1,600+ Quality Storm Wallpapers - Unique and Badass

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Rampage View Post
    I'm being lazy. I want to hook my Storm up in my '02 VW Jetta. I have a stock Monsoon radio so I'm sure it will be a pain in the arse! I just wish I could use a straight 3.5mm jack going from the radio to the Storm, but no hookup on the front of the radio. What is the best way that you guys have found to hook this bad boy up in the car?
    Lol my car came stock with a hidden power point, 3.5mm jack, and line in on the stock radio so ummm i plug it in :biglaugh:

PIN
    30FF5FD9
    Device
    9550 (Storm 2)
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Lol my car came stock with a hidden power point, 3.5mm jack, and line in on the stock radio so ummm i plug it in :biglaugh:
    Lucky!!! lol You are good to go then. I need to rip my radio out and search around.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Lucky!!! lol You are good to go then. I need to rip my radio out and search around.
    lol usually if it's stock there is one in the lil cubby between the seats...you can make it work with out getting rid of the monsoon go to your local car stereo joint they should explain it, be like making your sat. radio work with your car stereo and yes you can run it through bluetooth...which you can buy units that wire into your stock system and bluetooth music hope this helps

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    9 times
    just set a fm transmiter and you are ready to go (is my last resort but works)
    BlackBerry by Choice!

PIN
    30FF5FD9
    Device
    9550 (Storm 2)
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    lol usually if it's stock there is one in the lil cubby between the seats...you can make it work with out getting rid of the monsoon go to your local car stereo joint they should explain it, be like making your sat. radio work with your car stereo and yes you can run it through bluetooth...which you can buy units that wire into your stock system and bluetooth music hope this helps
    I have sat radio hooked up. XM Radio. The guy who owned it before me set it up. I doubt I can tap into that with my Storm though right?

cawty is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    storm
    OS
    hybrid v.3.5
    Liked
    0 times
    i use my storm in my yukon. i have a pioneer radio with the 3.5 jack and it works great. while im playn my music a call comes through the music stops and i hit the speaker button and talk away. who said i need onstar when i have a storm.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    I have sat radio hooked up. XM Radio. The guy who owned it before me set it up. I doubt I can tap into that with my Storm though right?
    How does that sat radio reciever plug in? does it have a 3.5 jack that plugs into it? if so just plugin your storm instead and hell ya bud :_)

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    4 times
    Pioneer all the way! Def worth the money spent Pioneer DEH-P6100BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Justin i didnt mean you had to go look now lmao just playin

PIN
    30FF5FD9
    Device
    9550 (Storm 2)
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Justin i didnt mean you had to go look now lmao just playin
    lol! I can't look right now anyways. Working... UGH! I do know that the cord going into my XM Radio is wired straight into it. I wish I could pull the cord out of it and plug in my Storm, but i cannot. I will look further into it tonight. I'm excited now!

PIN
    30FF5FD9
    Device
    9550 (Storm 2)
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Pioneer all the way! Def worth the money spent Pioneer DEH-P6100BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com
    Wow! That is nice... I might have to look into that now... SWEET! Thanks bro.

Thta Pioneer is actually IN STOCK too. The one I was looking at was sold out.
    Last edited by Justin Rampage; 04-24-2009 at 12:48 PM.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    lol! I can't look right now anyways. Working... UGH! I do know that the cord going into my XM Radio is wired straight into it. I wish I could pull the cord out of it and plug in my Storm, but i cannot. I will look further into it tonight. I'm excited now!
    yea def check where the other end goes if i remember that set up right it should be 3.5 on the other end so you would just need a big long 3.5 male to male cord

Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    4 times
    I have been using my Pioneer for 3 years now and it still looks and works like brand new! I used to be in to car stereo system and such when i first started driving and still amazes me what they can do to cd players anymore

PIN
    30FF5FD9
    Device
    9550 (Storm 2)
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    yea def check where the other end goes if i remember that set up right it should be 3.5 on the other end so you would just need a big long 3.5 male to male cord
    That's what she said! Ew.... lol

PIN
    30FF5FD9
    Device
    9550 (Storm 2)
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    I have been using my Pioneer for 3 years now and it still looks and works like brand new! I used to be in to car stereo system and such when i first started driving and still amazes me what they can do to cd players anymore
    It is amazing indeed. They pack so much into these things. I think I might just get the one you mentioned. I really like the look and features. Little more pricey, but I will get what I paid for.

Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    4 times
    It is amazing indeed. They pack so much into these things. I think I might just get the one you mentioned. I really like the look and features. Little more pricey, but I will get what I paid for.
    Using the Bluetooth feature is awesome! For my model, i push up to answer a call or down to ignore, and everything pops up on my screen, that in its self is worth the money i think..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast