Device
    Blackberry Storm 9530
    OS
    V.5.0.0.797 (Platform 4.2.0.359)
    Liked
    0 times

9530 Sound Profiles Problem

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but didn't feel like searching through 50 pages for the topic. Basically my Storm profiles from time to time go extremely quiet, almost to the point of not hearing any notifications or phone calls. I know this is a common problem, and the way to temporarily fix it, that I have found, is to take the battery out.

Does anyone else have any suggestions/solutions to fixing this problem permanently? It is just super annoying when you can barely hear the sounds from your phone...

Thanks in advance!

Storm 9530: V.5.0.0.797 (Platform 4.2.0.359)

B Jorje is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, if it's anything like my problem, occasionally, the ringtones start coming out of the wrong speaker. Every once in a while, the rings are put out through the front earpiece and not the back speaker. I'm not sure what causes it, but it has caused me to miss many an important call. I'm already bad enough about answering the phone without help! I just regularly reset the phone, but I agree, a permanent fix would be nice...
    .75 -> .148 -> .151 Hybrids -> v5
    Better and better!

tech4hire is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow tech4hire On Twitter
    PIN
    304CF3F6
    Device
    Storm (9530)
    OS
    5.0.0.607 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Did this issue start only after upgrading to .419 or was it previously happening as well?
    - The Best Site for all your Blackberry Needs
    "You caught me...you caught the Tater" - Ron White
    Current OS:5.0.0.607 Hybrid Follow me on Twitter @tech4hire
    Help Center l MEMBER SUPPORT

B Jorje is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    It's been happening for a few OSes. Can't remember when it started for me.
    .75 -> .148 -> .151 Hybrids -> v5
    Better and better!

PIN
    304CF3F6
    Device
    Storm (9530)
    OS
    5.0.0.607 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, the only time I have seen this issue on my 9530 is when I am charging the phone with the wall charger. If it is happening when the phone is off the charger, I would tend to think it might be a problem with the BB itself. Might be time for a replacement phone.

SJSU159120 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow SJSU159120 On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tech4hire View Post
    Well, the only time I have seen this issue on my 9530 is when I am charging the phone with the wall charger. If it is happening when the phone is off the charger, I would tend to think it might be a problem with the BB itself. Might be time for a replacement phone.
    I used to have the same problem as the OP. It used to happen at random times and would sometimes just fix itself. I don't remember what OS it happened on but it seemed to go away with the most recent official OS. It was very annoying though.

jeward72 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow jeward72 On Twitter
    PIN
    3065FE9B
    Device
    Storm 1
    OS
    v5.0.0.328
    Liked
    0 times
    I am glad I am not the only person with this problem. mine still does it but once it goes to (quit) mode thats it have to do a bat pull. gonna call vzw when i get home in a couple days as phone is still under warranty see if its a easy fix or a replace. i did talk to one vzw rep. said need to go in to desk top manager back up your system and do a security wipe on the phone then reinstall everything. if i find any info out ill let ya know. good luck..J

adm930 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    3051E2FA
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah i dunno what it is. it's happened with multiple OS for me, the sound just goes really quiet, but then a battery pull fixes it...:/

PIN
    304CF3F6
    Device
    Storm (9530)
    OS
    5.0.0.607 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Have you tried that? Curious if it worked for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jeward72 View Post
    I am glad I am not the only person with this problem. mine still does it but once it goes to (quit) mode thats it have to do a bat pull. gonna call vzw when i get home in a couple days as phone is still under warranty see if its a easy fix or a replace. i did talk to one vzw rep. said need to go in to desk top manager back up your system and do a security wipe on the phone then reinstall everything. if i find any info out ill let ya know. good luck..J

jeward72 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow jeward72 On Twitter
    PIN
    3065FE9B
    Device
    Storm 1
    OS
    v5.0.0.328
    Liked
    0 times
    Havnt tried it yet have to wait till I get home as am on the road for weeks at a time once I do ill let you guys know.
    Posted via mobile device

adm930 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    3051E2FA
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Haven't really had any problems lately, and with the .591 leak everything seems to be ok.

c333carter is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    304D40C4
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I have had the same problem since updated to .328. I have done a security wipe and a factory reset and an OS wipe. It still comes back. The battery pulls allows it to work properly for a while.

plasamagirl is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    sprint tour
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by c333carter View Post
    I have had the same problem since updated to .328. I have done a security wipe and a factory reset and an OS wipe. It still comes back. The battery pulls allows it to work properly for a while.
    I had this. Same problem with my tour in fact I had 4 before the first 30 day my sprint rep. Had 5.0 on his which at the time was a leak off here so he did mine and I never had any problems since now I just got official version and still no problems I've posted this my times on here. So it should be here some where. Wipes and rest did not work cause it was some thing with os. Lol I though it was funny when I was at sprint getting them to check my. Phone and I asked other sprint guys to check there phone it was doing the same as mine and the never even paid it any attention mine would not alert in holster foe any thing no matter what you set it to do. If it alert out holster it just used what ever tones it wanted no matter what it was set to use
    Posted via mobile device

ktklein is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal Hybrid .705 v2 (.591-based)
    Liked
    4 times
    I'm having the same sound issues as everyone else but in the opposite way. Randomly my volume for all sound profile tones goes from Normal to Medium or Loud. When I check the settings they are correct, they just play loudly. I know it's been happening for a few OSs now and I just had my 9530 replaced, so I know it is not a hardware issue. I have to either do a batt pull or use QuickPull - either one resolves the issue until it happens again. I wish I could figure out if there was a pattern to it happening or if it is random - so far no pattern...

Atomic.18 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Ask me.
    Device
    Storm2 952
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    this is the first time i hear this. To all that are experiencing this problem. i recommend you save all your contacts to your sim card. and remove any installed OS regarding that model an make sure all hybridOS that are contained in folder is deleted from the Shared file located in the C:\program files\.etc <]= DRIVE.. and reinstall the .591 then reload the OS an Apps on to the storm. start off like you just got a new berry.
    Doing that usually fixes a lot of problems, without restoring the phone back how it was, even though after a new clean OS reload has been preformed and with out going threw that back up process knowing there been so many leaked OS.
    Last edited by Atomic.18; 06-04-2010 at 09:41 PM. Reason: typo... another typO