ktklein is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal Hybrid .705 v2 (.591-based)
    Liked
    4 times

Recovering or Recreating stock Folders

Is there any way to recover or recreate a stock OS folder such as Media or Setup, etc? Specifically I am hoping to recover the media folder. For whatever reason, although I do not recall deleting it, it is not present. I'm on OS 5.0.0.419 and using the original BBAMPed Today theme. Also, is there a way to create folders using the folder icon set embedded in the OS - for instance, Downloads has an arrow on the folder, Setup has a gear, etc. I know I can make a new Media folder, but since it is not the stock one, the check memory option does not appear. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

P.S. I checked, it is not hidden anywhere...
    Last edited by ktklein; 01-26-2010 at 10:42 AM.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ktklein View Post
    Is there any way to recover or recreate a stock OS folder such as Media or Setup, etc? Specifically I am hoping to recover the media folder. For whatever reason, although I do not recall deleting it, it is not present. I'm on OS 5.0.0.419 and using the original BBAMPed Today theme. Also, is there a way to create folders using the folder icon set embedded in the OS - for instance, Downloads has an arrow on the folder, Setup has a gear, etc. I know I can make a new Media folder, but since it is not the stock one, the check memory option does not appear. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

The theme will not allow you to make the proper media folder if it was not built into the theme itself

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times

Does the media folder show up if you revert back to the stock theme? I had a similar problem and got the folder back after I swiched to my Blak_N-Blue theme and then did a few battery pulls and resent service books. Not sure this is helpful, but perhaps worth a try. Also, look inside your other folders (particularly the applications folder and the Music folder) and double check to see if the media folder got relocated to an unexpected location by your theme. Hope you figure it out.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    I did try resending my svc books and no luck (multiple reboots too). I think Jnespa is right - the base Zen theme that comes w/the phone includes the media folder under 5.0.0.X but the BBAMPed Today theme was written before 5.0 was out so it probably does not accomodate it.

As for the 2nd half of my question, is there a way to create a folder using the embedded folder icons from the OS or just the handful of cheesy folders they give you to choose from?

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times
    I think Natemz has updated this theme to be fully compatible with 5.0. Are you running the latest update? Maybe that will help resolve this?

Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Liked
    1 times

Just got in...and saw your post. Have you tried deleting the theme and redownloading and reinstalling it? If you change themes back to the stock precision zen theme, does your stock precisipn zen theme contain a media folder? If so, I would think that you can reinstall theme and yoy should get you media folder back.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    The updated theme is hidden today only and I am using the today version. And yes, when I switch to the stock Zen theme it does have the folder. However the Zen theme was most likely rebuit under OS 5.0 while the BBAmped original is 4.X - the media folder did not exist on 4.X. I suppose I could try wiping the theme and then reinstalling it to see what happens. Maybe I will try that but I am guessing it won't help...

PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Liked
    1 times
    How about trying this instead...Natemz has updated BBAMPed to a 5.0 version. Here is the link.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/s...rs-choose.html

There ya go....

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    The updated theme is hidden today only and I am using the today version. And yes, when I switch to the stock Zen theme it does have the folder. However the Zen theme was most likely rebuit under OS 5.0 while the BBAmped original is 4.X - the media folder did not exist on 4.X. I suppose I could try wiping the theme and then reinstalling it to see what happens. Maybe I will try that but I am guessing it won't help...
    I wish there was a way to get the OS folders to work, but since the theme was made pre-5.0 there is nothing you can do. Best you can do is make a media folder and use one of the preloaded folder icons.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    I wish there was a way to get the OS folders to work, but since the theme was made pre-5.0 there is nothing you can do. Best you can do is make a media folder and use one of the preloaded folder icons.
    That's exactly what I did. Thanks for confirming though Nate - appreciate it.

Take care,
    Kevin

PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Liked
    1 times
    That's exactly what I did. Thanks for confirming though Nate - appreciate it.

Take care,
    Kevin
    Have you tried BBAMPed 2 ?

PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    Have you tried BBAMPed 2 ?