Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

tamara is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS

Need Help Upgrading A Storm

OMG. I was upgrading my friends device as he is still on 4.7...during the process I received an error message saying that the applications could not be restored and to retry with a password (which he has not created a password for) and the upgrade failed. The phone will now not turn on or connect to the desktop software!!!! I have rebooted the computer and tried a battery pull too...all that his S1 is doing now is showing the red light...

CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIX MY FRIENDS STORM???? EEEK!

***If anyone can bbm me and walk me through this I would be eternally grateful....I am panicking! PIN posted***

Thank you
    Tamara
    Last edited by tamara; 01-18-2010 at 12:35 PM.

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by tamara View Post
    OMG. I was upgrading my friends device as he is still on 4.7...during the process I received an error message saying that the applications could not be restored and to retry with a password (which he has not created a password for) and the upgrade failed. The phone will now not turn on or connect to the desktop software!!!! I have rebooted the computer and tried a battery pull too...all that his S1 is doing now is showing the red light...

CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIX MY FRIENDS STORM???? EEEK!

***If anyone can bbm me and walk me through this I would be eternally grateful....I am panicking! PIN posted***

Thank you
    Tamara
    Try to pull the battery and plug it in to the PC. This SHOULD help start the recovery process

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Sounds like it could possibly be bricked. There are a few tutorials on this site.
    See if this might be helpful in getting it back:

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...tml#post108532

PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    Try to pull the battery and plug it in to the PC. This SHOULD help start the recovery process
    Tried that already but thank you.
    I will check out the brick thing...silly question but what exactly does 'bricked' mean. I have a vague idea but specifics are required at this point! LOL.

Thanks so much I will try this out and see if it helps.

Sincerely
    Tamara

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    I will check out the brick thing...silly question but what exactly does 'bricked' mean. I have a vague idea but specifics are required at this point! LOL.

Sincerely
    Tamara
    Bricked is exactly what your phone is doing...failing to load an OS, etc. Fortunately on the BB it's fairly easy to recover once you know the process. The link above should help on the way. If not, we are right here.

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)

Sincerely
    Tamara
    Take a quick look at the link for the tutorial I posted above. I think there's a simple definition of bricked in there. Is the Desktop Manager software recognizing the PIN of the device you are working with? If not, it's likely bricked and the procedures in the tutorial may get you through the process of reloading the operating system and then hopefully recovering the backed up applications and settings.

PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    I have gotten it figured how to get it connected thru the tutorial. However the error message I still getting states: "Application Loader was unable to connect to your device. Please reconnect your device, enter password if required, and click Retry"

There is no password that either of us are aware of!!!

???????????????????

PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Could there be an issue because my Desktop Software is 5.0 and the one that was on his storm is still 4.7? I just don't get this issue with the app loader??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast