Speed Dial on 9530 with .419
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Speed Dial on 9530 with .419

  1. #1
    MJKneuro's Avatar
    MJKneuro is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Va.
    Device
    9530/ HTC Incredible
    OS
    5.0.0.591
    Posts
    112
    Liked
    0 times

    Speed Dial on 9530 with .419

    Just switched my keyboard from multitap to full and found that the 3 button dials the 5 number. Went back to multitap and it worked correctly. Went to SureType and it worked correctly. Went back to full keyboard and again it didn't work correctly: 3 dials 5, 9 dials voice mail and none of the other speed dials work. Regular dialing works fine.
    Guess I will stay on multitap for now.....


    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.


  2. #2
    Tevansny's Avatar
    Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Western,NY
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.1015
    Posts
    377
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MJKneuro View Post
    Just switched my keyboard from multitap to full and found that the 3 button dials the 5 number. Went back to multitap and it worked correctly. Went to SureType and it worked correctly. Went back to full keyboard and again it didn't work correctly: 3 dials 5, 9 dials voice mail and none of the other speed dials work. Regular dialing works fine.
    Guess I will stay on multitap for now.....
    Thanks for the update.

  3. #3
    TemperamentalMan's Avatar
    TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tevansny View Post
    Thanks for the update.
    I'm wondering if he plugged in the flux capacitor?

    I'm looking to see if I can find any other mentions of this...

  4. #4
    Tevansny's Avatar
    Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Western,NY
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.1015
    Posts
    377
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    I'm wondering if he plugged in the flux capacitor?

    I'm looking to see if I can find any other mentions of this...
    I have not been able to find anything either. Unfortunately i cannot test it.

  5. #5
    TemperamentalMan's Avatar
    TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tevansny View Post
    I have not been able to find anything either. Unfortunately i cannot test it.
    Me either. Did this just start happening? Have you installed any other software recently that has permissions for text entry, etc.? I'm going out on a limb here with that but you never know.

  6. #6
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    I installed .419 on a coworkers 9530 and the speed dial issue happened to me.
    I did not go as far as to try to manipulate the keyboard settings but I was not able to get the speed dials to work.
    I reinstalled .328 because this guys device was a business device and it had to work perfect as far as phone calls.

  7. #7
    TemperamentalMan's Avatar
    TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    I installed .419 on a coworkers 9530 and the speed dial issue happened to me.
    I did not go as far as to try to manipulate the keyboard settings but I was not able to get the speed dials to work.
    I reinstalled .328 because this guys device was a business device and it had to work perfect as far as phone calls.
    Thanks Pascal. It appears it's an OS issue after all.

  8. #8
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    Thanks Pascal. It appears it's an OS issue after all.
    I believe this is OS related and specific to .419. Had similar issue while evaluating .419
    Last edited by toytooii; 01-10-2010 at 04:14 PM.

  9. #9
    TemperamentalMan's Avatar
    TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    I believe this is OS related and specific to .419. I'm having similar issue. Fortunately, I don't use speed dialing too often.
    I use QuickLaunch so even if I had that OS I wouldn't know.

  10. #10
    ktklein's Avatar
    ktklein is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    So. Jersey / Philly region
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal Hybrid .705 v2 (.591-based)
    Posts
    164
    Liked
    4 times
    I just installed a clean .419 and can alsoconfirm the Speed Dial is not working properly. I guess this wil be short lived for me until I decide on which Hybrid to load.

  11. #11
    Tevansny's Avatar
    Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Western,NY
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.1015
    Posts
    377
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ktklein View Post
    I just installed a clean .419 and can alsoconfirm the Speed Dial is not working properly. I guess this wil be short lived for me until I decide on which Hybrid to load.

    Were you able to try those changes in the op and not duplicate results?

  12. #12
    ktklein's Avatar
    ktklein is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    So. Jersey / Philly region
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal Hybrid .705 v2 (.591-based)
    Posts
    164
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tevansny View Post
    Were you able to try those changes in the op and not duplicate results?
    I didnt't try because I only use the full QWERTY kbd in portrait and not MultiTap of SureType.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •