scratching sound when clicking
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: scratching sound when clicking

  1. #1
    sseguin is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    none
    Device
    storm
    OS
    depends if you can help
    Posts
    63
    Liked
    0 times

    scratching sound when clicking

    Since the last 2 days my storm is starting to make a scratching sound when I click the screen.
    Anyone ever have this happen to them? The squeaky sound is annoying.




  2. #2
    Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CT
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    2,198
    Liked
    7 times
    Well, is it a scratching sound or a squeaky sound? Squeaky is just normal wear and tear. Scratching could mean you have a piece of dirt or some other particle that sneaked in through the crack around the screen.

  3. #3
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sseguin View Post
    Since the last 2 days my storm is starting to make a scratching sound when I click the screen.
    Anyone ever have this happen to them? The squeaky sound is annoying.
    If you have Verizon just contact them tell them that it is making a crunching noise in the screen. This is a known issue and they will send you a replacement. I am on my 4th for the same reason

  4. #4
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    Well, is it a scratching sound or a squeaky sound? Squeaky is just normal wear and tear. Scratching could mean you have a piece of dirt or some other particle that sneaked in through the crack around the screen.
    I believe that the newer Storms sold is to prevent the dirt or dust getting under the screen

  5. #5
    sseguin is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    none
    Device
    storm
    OS
    depends if you can help
    Posts
    63
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    Well, is it a scratching sound or a squeaky sound? Squeaky is just normal wear and tear. Scratching could mean you have a piece of dirt or some other particle that sneaked in through the crack around the screen.
    Its hard to explain - similar to scratching a plate with a fork. Its annoying...

    I guess there isn't much to do. It does sound like something is in there causing this noise (either dust or sand). I called Telus today to see what they could do...they told me the clerk would determine if they could fix it, if they couldn't they would replace my phone, if they could they would lend me another phone and send it for repairs. Doesn't that suck!

  6. #6
    sseguin is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    none
    Device
    storm
    OS
    depends if you can help
    Posts
    63
    Liked
    0 times
    Also, it doesn't do it on every click...it does it about 60% of the time...haven't figured out what causes it (phone position, angle, certain keys, etc)

  7. #7
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sseguin View Post
    Its hard to explain - similar to scratching a plate with a fork. Its annoying...

    I guess there isn't much to do. It does sound like something is in there causing this noise (either dust or sand). I called Telus today to see what they could do...they told me the clerk would determine if they could fix it, if they couldn't they would replace my phone, if they could they would lend me another phone and send it for repairs. Doesn't that suck!

    I would press the issue with them and make them replace the unit. Just my opinion

  8. #8
    sseguin is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    none
    Device
    storm
    OS
    depends if you can help
    Posts
    63
    Liked
    0 times
    Will do. Thx guys.

    If anyone experiences this I'd invite you to post. Curious on how many times this happens.

  9. #9
    gatewayad's Avatar
    gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Posts
    567
    Liked
    0 times
    Interesting mine started doing that about a week ago, i thought i put the screen saver on not exactly centered except i dont see any part of the screen saver anywhere off the screen. Mine seems to do it just when i click near the corner by the lock button at the top.

  10. #10
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gatewayad View Post
    Interesting mine started doing that about a week ago, i thought i put the screen saver on not exactly centered except i dont see any part of the screen saver anywhere off the screen. Mine seems to do it just when i click near the corner by the lock button at the top.
    I would call VZW too on this, have them send you another one.

  11. #11
    gatewayad's Avatar
    gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Posts
    567
    Liked
    0 times
    Yea you are probably right, took the screen saver off... same sound... :damnit:
    The problem is my storm runs great and i dont want a refurbished one. I guess i'll call them tomorrow and cry. :crying:

  12. #12
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gatewayad View Post
    Yea you are probably right, took the screen saver off... same sound... :damnit:
    The problem is my storm runs great and i dont want a refurbished one. I guess i'll call them tomorrow and cry. :crying:
    I know the feeling, ya get one the way you want and now you have to change it, and sometimes change it again.....

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •