Can't Upgrade OS
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Can't Upgrade OS

  1. #1
    TR_82 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Manitoba
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9530 for work 9550 for play
    OS
    .419 & .320
    Posts
    44
    Liked
    0 times

    Can't Upgrade OS

    Hey guys, having a bit of an issue with my work phone. It's not allowing me to upgrade my OS. I can't figure it out. It's not locked on our BES...yet. tried from multiple computers, tried wiping the phone. Tried going THROUGH DM ( I know kinda weird, but on occasion it has done it.) and nothing is working...Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    thanks in advance

    oh and I have also tried going right through apploader as I do for all my phones, still nothing.
    Last edited by TR_82; 12-18-2009 at 02:02 AM.




  2. #2
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TR_82 View Post
    Hey guys, having a bit of an issue with my work phone. It's not allowing me to upgrade my OS. I can't figure it out. It's not locked on our BES...yet. tried from multiple computers, tried wiping the phone. Tried going THROUGH DM ( I know kinda weird, but on occasion it has done it.) and nothing is working...Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    thanks in advance

    oh and I have also tried going right through apploader as I do for all my phones, still nothing.
    Did you make sure to delete the vendor.xml file. Also did you make sure you don't have more than one OS installed?

  3. #3
    TR_82 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Manitoba
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9530 for work 9550 for play
    OS
    .419 & .320
    Posts
    44
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Did you make sure to delete the vendor.xml file. Also did you make sure you don't have more than one OS installed?
    yes and yes. has me stumped currently...

  4. #4
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    188 times
    Where exactly are you at?
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  5. #5
    breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    9500
    OS
    always the latest
    Posts
    782
    Liked
    0 times
    Have you - after backup of your databases (DM) and 3rd partie apps (e.g. BBSAK) to used the latter one to do a full wipe?

    Check the BBOS resource center, e.g. here
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/r...ete-guide.html
    and please feel free to ask, if you require any help!


  6. #6
    rlervin's Avatar
    rlervin is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow rlervin On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Weber City, Va
    PIN
    310D15AC
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v3.1 .
    Posts
    555
    Liked
    0 times
    Just wondering if you have gotten a bad download of the OS. Which OS are you trying to upgrade to? Did you shrink the os before trying the install?
    OS: Willyboy 95xx v3.1 .580-.734/.743/.758/6.0.0.31 & Shrink-A-OS
    Rules and Guidelines l Help Center

  7. #7
    TR_82 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Manitoba
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9530 for work 9550 for play
    OS
    .419 & .320
    Posts
    44
    Liked
    0 times
    sorry for the delay in response. I have done the full wipe yes. And I am trying to upgrade it to .328. I have tried a couple of different copies and nothing seems to be working for it still

  8. #8
    breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    9500
    OS
    always the latest
    Posts
    782
    Liked
    0 times

    strange

    Quote Originally Posted by TR_82 View Post
    sorry for the delay in response. I have done the full wipe yes. And I am trying to upgrade it to .328. I have tried a couple of different copies and nothing seems to be working for it still
    Can you describe in more detail, how far you get, what are the error messages e.g. in App Loader?


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •