Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 16

Thread: IR?

  1. #1
    djh074's Avatar
    djh074 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    k taco
    Device
    9530 vzw
    OS
    check back daily
    Posts
    161

    IR?

    do u think BB will ever add IR to the storm? my storm would make a great remote for my home theater.




  2. #2
    blindman4556's Avatar
    blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Posts
    384
    Quote Originally Posted by djh074 View Post
    do u think BB will ever add IR to the storm? my storm would make a great remote for my home theater.
    i highly doubt it. a) its another thing that they have to cram into a phone and most phones are going smaller not bigger. b) not a high enough demand for it

  3. #3
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by blindman4556 View Post
    i highly doubt it. a) its another thing that they have to cram into a phone and most phones are going smaller not bigger. b) not a high enough demand for it
    Its possible, heck there is an app stated a long while ago where you can use your Storm to open garage doors, and there is also apps for BlackBerry's where you can control your computer from your phone

  4. #4
    blindman4556's Avatar
    blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Posts
    384
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    and there is also apps for BlackBerry's where you can control your computer from your phone
    ya but thats not really anything...a blackberry is essentially a really small computer. so there just useing stuff like go to my pc to do the same thing

  5. #5
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by blindman4556 View Post
    ya but thats not really anything...a blackberry is essentially a really small computer. so there just useing stuff like go to my pc to do the same thing
    True, but think bout this, when they release the app for opening a garage door. How many people will say that they are able to open a garage door with their phone?
    [EDIT] This can be done on iPhone if hacked

  6. #6
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    That's funny, I just joked with my GF this afternoon and told her there was an OS update to do this.

  7. #7
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    That's funny, I just joked with my GF this afternoon and told her there was an OS update to do this.
    HAHA! Oh the joys of life......

  8. #8
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    it would be cool to use the touch screen of the storm to move the mouse cursor around on the pc...like a laptop :147:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •