Thread: SMS issues

Device

SMS issues

Maybe this has been explained elsewhere but I couldn't find it after searching for a while. Well I took my phone into Big Red because of screen issues and was given a replacement. The new one came with the the .328 loaded onto it which was a new OS for me.

I text a ton. Frequently I'll get a text that I can't read. A new "bullet" in the conversation will pop up but I can't read the text. There are times where I can't even click on the convo. I'll start a new SMS message to that person and the old convo will pop up. It is getting very tiresome. Is anyone else having this sort of problem and is there a fix? Also, is there a way to get rid of the "conversations"? I've looked all over for option or a setting and haven't had any luck.

PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Maybe this has been explained elsewhere but I couldn't find it after searching for a while. Well I took my phone into Big Red because of screen issues and was given a replacement. The new one came with the the .328 loaded onto it which was a new OS for me.

I text a ton. Frequently I'll get a text that I can't read. A new "bullet" in the conversation will pop up but I can't read the text. There are times where I can't even click on the convo. I'll start a new SMS message to that person and the old convo will pop up. It is getting very tiresome. Is anyone else having this sort of problem and is there a fix? Also, is there a way to get rid of the "conversations"? I've looked all over for option or a setting and haven't had any luck.
    A few things I would like to know:
    -How much free app memory do you have?
    -Are they large conversations? If so, can you delete the convo and start a new one? Does the issue still exist?
    -If you switch from 'bubbles' to 'stripes' does the issue still exist?
    Last edited by TommyGrubz; 12-16-2009 at 03:22 PM.

Device
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    A few things I would like to know:
    -How much free app memory do you have?
    -Are they large conversations? If so, can you delete the convo and start a new one? Does the issue still exist?
    -If you switch from 'bubbles' to 'stripes' does the issue still exist?
    Thnx for the reply.

It happens all the time. Currently I run anywhere from 30-20 free MB.

It happens with large or small conversations. Usually more often with Large ones.

Yes they still exist after I delete the conversation. Also, I can continue the conversation right over that text message and it still wont let me view it. I've tried to save the message and go to saved messages and I still have no luck.

I've switched back and forth to bubble and stripes and haven't noticed any difference in anything.