2oe2c54f
    Device
    storm
    OS
    OS.402
    Liked
    0 times

Camera not working

My Storm fell down and now i'm getting a message that says "could not start camera. close all applications and start camera again". Any suggestions?mfg:

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vinodg30 View Post
    My Storm fell down and now i'm getting a message that says "could not start camera. close all applications and start camera again". Any suggestions?mfg:
    Although I didn't drop mine, I got the same exact message on my Storm 1 the other day. I closed everything and it still happened. After pulling the battery and rebooting, all functionality was restored. Also, when you open it up and pull the battery, check that your SD card is still in place and wasn't dislodged in the mishap.
    Worth a try. Good luck.
    Last edited by toytooii; 12-16-2009 at 01:11 PM.

vinodg30 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow vinodg30 On Twitter
    PIN
    2oe2c54f
    Device
    storm
    OS
    OS.402
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    Although I didn't drop mine, I got the same exact message on my Storm 1 the other day. I closed everything and it still happened. After pulling the battery and rebooting, all functionality was restored. Also, when you open it up and pull the battery, check that your SD card is still in place and wasn't dislodged in the mishap.
    Worth a try. Good luck.
    Thanks toytooii, its still not working after doing that and checking the SD card :17::17::17:

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vinodg30 View Post
    Thanks toytooii, its still not working after doing that and checking the SD card :17::17::17:
    Hopefully it didn't experience fatal damage in the accident. Check to make certain all physical buttons are operating (none are stuck in the pressed down position). Other than this, I have nothing additional to suggest. Hope you get it fixed.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    my phone did this.. I spent almost 2 weeks trying to find out what was causing it as I didnt drop mine, in the end it had to be replaced, under warranty but none the less I think if your anything like me its uh oh time

nightfishing is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Liked
    0 times
    The camera pops out very easily. It should be an easy warrenty replacement (if you have a warrenty).

Otherwise, you can disassemble the phone and try to repair (pop it back in). I do not think the camera breaks, it just becomes unset.