Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 19

  1. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    I have actually heard lot of people have went over the 5gb pretty easy, but i have never tethered so i dont know how quick it all adds up
    5gb is the cap from verizon...they say unlimited but really it is 5gb. then they charge.



  2. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    5gb is the cap from verizon...they say unlimited but really it is 5gb. then they charge.
    And they dont charge easy either, there was a person complaining on CB that he had more then a $1,000. Thats to crazy. But as you guys have mentioned, if someone would regulate their usage, they should/will be fine

  3. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    184
    Thanks for all the responses ..

    I just talked to a Verizon VZaccess Rep and this is what he said:

    The title "unlimited" stems from there old network
    $29.99 gives you 2GB (basic data plan)
    $44.99 gives you 5GB (there tethering data plan )
    $1.99 per MB when you go over

    So if you only have the basic data plan I would not advise you go over 2GB.

    Does anyone know if teherberry has a feature to monitor data usage?



  4. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by rufunky View Post
    Thanks for all the responses ..

    I just talked to a Verizon VZaccess Rep and this is what he said:

    The title "unlimited" stems from there old network
    $29.99 gives you 2GB (basic data plan)
    $44.99 gives you 5GB (there tethering data plan )
    $1.99 per MB when you go over

    So if you only have the basic data plan I would not advise you go over 2GB.

    Does anyone know if teherberry has a feature to monitor data usage?
    you can monitor your usage through your account in verizon's site.

    not sure if you can monitor it through the app

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by rufunky View Post
    Thanks for all the responses ..

    I just talked to a Verizon VZaccess Rep and this is what he said:

    The title "unlimited" stems from there old network
    $29.99 gives you 2GB (basic data plan)
    $44.99 gives you 5GB (there tethering data plan )
    $1.99 per MB when you go over

    So if you only have the basic data plan I would not advise you go over 2GB.

    Does anyone know if teherberry has a feature to monitor data usage?
    I had the tetherberry beta. It had a data usage screen that displayed what you used. I'm not certian, but I believe they were incorporating a gb usage timer in the release version.



  6. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    you can monitor your usage through your account in verizon's site.
    Hmmmm.. That would make a good app for the storm.. An app that monitors and lists all your Verizon Minutes Messages and Data usage with the ability to set alarms for overage.
    Last edited by rufunky; 04-17-2009 at 10:59 PM.

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    true, but i don't think you would reach 5gb ever unless you were on it 12hrs a day

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    true, but i don't think you would reach 5gb ever unless you were on it 12hrs a day
    I only have the $29.99 2GB (basic data plan).
    Still would be tough to hit that limit if you stick to just web surfing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •