voice delay latency

Thread: voice delay latency

horseshoe is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times

voice delay latency

On the 9530, OS v 5.0.328, when making a call to another party, or when receiving a call to me, I have grown used to the cell phone life that a great deal of delay is involved. I may be responding to a question, when the other party interrupts b/c they have not heard the entire sentence. Same thing may occur if I hear them and respond in mid sentence. Effect: stop talk stop talk ect.
    Is this a fact of cell phone life? Verizon carrier. Occurs whether calling locally or long distance. When using a land line, there is no delay, and one becomes spoiled.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by horseshoe View Post
    On the 9530, OS v 5.0.328, when making a call to another party, or when receiving a call to me, I have grown used to the cell phone life that a great deal of delay is involved. I may be responding to a question, when the other party interrupts b/c they have not heard the entire sentence. Same thing may occur if I hear them and respond in mid sentence. Effect: stop talk stop talk ect.
    Is this a fact of cell phone life? Verizon carrier. Occurs whether calling locally or long distance. When using a land line, there is no delay, and one becomes spoiled.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    There have been a lot of complaints like this as of late.. I think it has something to do with the alltel merger and the towers being changed. It is not your phone it is the network

Device
    storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    Very interesting to think about. However, before the merger, had the same experience. I just thought it was the nature of cell phone life and one had to live with it. If you did want a real conversation just use landline. The phrase cell phone voice delay latency gets many pops on google.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Very interesting to think about. However, before the merger, had the same experience. I just thought it was the nature of cell phone life and one had to live with it. If you did want a real conversation just use landline. The phrase cell phone voice delay latency gets many pops on google.
    Right but I experience none in my area. And when you say before the merger you said in the OP this started on .328.. which came out long after the merger started

Device
    storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    That must be great to have no delay in your area. There is light at the end of the cell phone tunnel.
    I did state the current version .328, but in previous versions I experienced same. Overall, irregardless of version I learned to slow down speaking and listening rate and that provided both parties cover.
    But your encouragement gives me reason to call them and point it out and see what their direction is.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    That must be great to have no delay in your area. There is light at the end of the cell phone tunnel.
    I did state the current version .328, but in previous versions I experienced same. Overall, irregardless of version I learned to slow down speaking and listening rate and that provided both parties cover.
    But your encouragement gives me reason to call them and point it out and see what their direction is.
    I would if you have been having it that bad for more than 4-6 months there should be something reported

bbprintz215 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow bbprintz215 On Twitter
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    This seems to be a regional/area problem. Is that an accurate assessment?

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Looks like Verizon has pushed a new PRL version. This might help with the latency.
    Dial *22899 then let your device update. My new PRL is 51716.
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    MePascal,
    Thanks for the new PRL info, but after updating yesterday I now have 51689. Tried again this morning but still stays there. I did call V and startled the initial CSR with the issue of delayed voice latency, so was transferred to tech. This person likewise had never experienced the issue except with calls overseas. So after going thru the questions of when it occurs, where, and the PRL/roaming stuff, he had me turn off radio. Then he said he refreshed the phone while it was off and said I would not experience the delay again after what he did. He was not specific as to what it was he did on his end, nor want to explain it after I asked. I will test it out over the next few days and call back if it continues. Updating PRL has always been a regular routine with my phone, and when I leave home I use call forwarding but doubt it causes delays.

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    @horseshoe

Looking forward to hearing your results. Keep us posted. Very interesting issue.
    My location is in middle Tennessee so the Push for the new PRL may be staggered.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    What he did is take you off the network switch and then re added you. Kinds like clearing browser cache. Let us know if it worked
    Posted via mobile device
    Last edited by jnepsa; 12-11-2009 at 08:36 AM.

Device
    storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    What he did is take you off the network switch and then re added you. Kinds like clearing browser cache.
    Posted via mobile device
    Excellent description and I thank you for the suggestion. He could have explained it that way and then I would have got it too as cache is a common term. Wonder if he could see how much was cleared?

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Not really it just clears other switches you have connected that may have kind of stick on your number. They don't like to tell ppl when they do that because some folks freak when they hear that lol.
    Posted via mobile device

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    There is a way to do it your self but its a PITA. You have to have another phone and switch to the other phone and then reactivate your bb again. Its good in a pinch but much easier to call and have then do it.
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    There is a way to do it your self but its a PITA. You have to have another phone and switch to the other phone and then reactivate your bb again. Its good in a pinch but much easier to call and have then do it.
    Posted via mobile device
    OK, sounds like this is common to you and has occurred more than once? I often wondered considering the 9530 is a computer, how to clear cache, and how long it would take before it was full. Is it something to do every six months or routinely? And this is much different than clearing content and history cache....
    Last edited by horseshoe; 12-11-2009 at 09:29 AM.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    OK, sounds like this is common to you and has occurred more than once? I often wondered considering the 9530 is a computer, how to clear cache, and how long it would take before it was full. Is it something to do every six months or routinely? And this is much different than clearing content and history cache....
    No you dont see it all that often, its actually when someting gets stuck in a switch. I would only suggest doing this if you are experiencing what you were. I personally in 3-4 years only had one issue.. But if you have trouble it never hurts to try it, before thinking the phone is bad.