Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Device
    storm 9530
    MePascal,
    Thanks for the new PRL info, but after updating yesterday I now have 51689. Tried again this morning but still stays there. I did call V and startled the initial CSR with the issue of delayed voice latency, so was transferred to tech. This person likewise had never experienced the issue except with calls overseas. So after going thru the questions of when it occurs, where, and the PRL/roaming stuff, he had me turn off radio. Then he said he refreshed the phone while it was off and said I would not experience the delay again after what he did. He was not specific as to what it was he did on his end, nor want to explain it after I asked. I will test it out over the next few days and call back if it continues. Updating PRL has always been a regular routine with my phone, and when I leave home I use call forwarding but doubt it causes delays.

Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    @horseshoe

Looking forward to hearing your results. Keep us posted. Very interesting issue.
    My location is in middle Tennessee so the Push for the new PRL may be staggered.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    What he did is take you off the network switch and then re added you. Kinds like clearing browser cache. Let us know if it worked
    Posted via mobile device
    Last edited by jnepsa; 12-11-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Device
    storm 9530
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    What he did is take you off the network switch and then re added you. Kinds like clearing browser cache.
    Posted via mobile device
    Excellent description and I thank you for the suggestion. He could have explained it that way and then I would have got it too as cache is a common term. Wonder if he could see how much was cleared?

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Not really it just clears other switches you have connected that may have kind of stick on your number. They don't like to tell ppl when they do that because some folks freak when they hear that lol.
    Posted via mobile device

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    There is a way to do it your self but its a PITA. You have to have another phone and switch to the other phone and then reactivate your bb again. Its good in a pinch but much easier to call and have then do it.
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    storm 9530
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    There is a way to do it your self but its a PITA. You have to have another phone and switch to the other phone and then reactivate your bb again. Its good in a pinch but much easier to call and have then do it.
    Posted via mobile device
    OK, sounds like this is common to you and has occurred more than once? I often wondered considering the 9530 is a computer, how to clear cache, and how long it would take before it was full. Is it something to do every six months or routinely? And this is much different than clearing content and history cache....
    Last edited by horseshoe; 12-11-2009 at 10:29 AM.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by horseshoe View Post
    OK, sounds like this is common to you and has occurred more than once? I often wondered considering the 9530 is a computer, how to clear cache, and how long it would take before it was full. Is it something to do every six months or routinely? And this is much different than clearing content and history cache....
    No you dont see it all that often, its actually when someting gets stuck in a switch. I would only suggest doing this if you are experiencing what you were. I personally in 3-4 years only had one issue.. But if you have trouble it never hurts to try it, before thinking the phone is bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12