Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 19

  1. #1
    dvigue is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Device
    BOLD 900, STORM 9530
    Posts
    8

    will tmobile users ever get to use the newer Os's?

    I have the 9530, and i LOVE how fast the newer OS's are. i cant use the storm on the slower choppy OS's. i have tried alot of the hybrids and i am just no where near as happy with them as the newer ones, but i get the dreaded "no circuit no channel" error. Will this ever be fixed you think?

    also, does anyone use there storms on tmoible even with the no circuit error? i was thinking of doing it. all i would not have is the "phone" part, which i dont use alot any way. just wondering....

    THanks in advance
    Derek



  2. #2
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by dvigue View Post
    I have the 9530, and i LOVE how fast the newer OS's are. i cant use the storm on the slower choppy OS's. i have tried alot of the hybrids and i am just no where near as happy with them as the newer ones, but i get the dreaded "no circuit no channel" error. Will this ever be fixed you think?

    also, does anyone use there storms on tmoible even with the no circuit error? i was thinking of doing it. all i would not have is the "phone" part, which i dont use alot any way. just wondering....

    THanks in advance
    Derek
    I have not heard anyone saying that they have tried. I have to tell you I doubt that will every be purposely fixed. Because of the fact the phone is not made for T-mobile so they dont test it on that network. They test it on the networks that sell the phone.

  3. #3
    dvigue is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Device
    BOLD 900, STORM 9530
    Posts
    8
    but do you think it will be "fixed" by a hybrid? i wish it was just as easy as swapping radio files



  4. #4
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by dvigue View Post
    but do you think it will be "fixed" by a hybrid? i wish it was just as easy as swapping radio files
    I dont think it can be. Because the radio file is what is causing it, and none of the working radio files are not compatible with the newer os java. I know not what you wanted to hear.. they call me the dream crusher lmao

  5. #5
    dvigue is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Device
    BOLD 900, STORM 9530
    Posts
    8
    aww man that sucks...i really wanted to keep this storm and use it, but i cant use it with the latest Hybrids that work, its way to slow for me compared....man that sucks.

    will the storm2 work on the newer OS's? with tmoible...or is it the same situation?



  6. #6
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by dvigue View Post
    aww man that sucks...i really wanted to keep this storm and use it, but i cant use it with the latest Hybrids that work, its way to slow for me compared....man that sucks.

    will the storm2 work on the newer OS's? with tmoible...or is it the same situation?
    I cant 100% confirm or deny as I havent heard. I would assume it would be the same problem.

  7. #7
    dvigue is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Device
    BOLD 900, STORM 9530
    Posts
    8
    whats the latest radio that will work with the 5.0 os's?

  8. #8
    cruznthru's Avatar
    cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by dvigue View Post
    I have the 9530, and i LOVE how fast the newer OS's are. i cant use the storm on the slower choppy OS's. i have tried alot of the hybrids and i am just no where near as happy with them as the newer ones, but i get the dreaded "no circuit no channel" error. Will this ever be fixed you think?

    also, does anyone use there storms on tmoible even with the no circuit error? i was thinking of doing it. all i would not have is the "phone" part, which i dont use alot any way. just wondering....

    THanks in advance
    Derek
    Downgrade to 4.7 OS should fix the problem

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •