Is it Important to have a case to keep dust out on the storm?

Thread: Is it Important to have a case to keep dust out on the storm?

rufunky is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Liked
    0 times

Question Is it Important to have a case to keep dust out on the storm?

I have been just throwing my Storm in my pocket with no protective cover (except for the glass protector)

I was reading around on the forums this morning and noticed people talking about dust getting in under there screen.

I realize the design of the storm is anything but locked out from dust due to the sure press screen.

Is it Important to have a case to keep dust out on the storm due to its design?

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rufunky View Post
    I have been just throwing my Storm in my pocket with no protective cover (except for the glass protector)

I was reading around on the forums this morning and noticed people talking about dust getting in under there screen.

I realize the design of the storm is anything but locked out from dust due to the sure press screen.

Is it Important to have a case to keep dust out on the storm due to its design?
    I keep mine in my pocket as well but I started using the sleeve and that works great. Doesn't add a lot of bulk and seems to keep my baby protected.

BlackBerry Leather Pocket Pouch for Storm - ShopCrackBerry

blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Liked
    1 times
    ive had my storm since january and i just throw it in my pocket with just a screen protector. never had dust under the screen. idk how it does cause the clear piece (which is a. a prtector for the actual screen and b. thats where the touch sensors are) the clear piece is glued all the way around the to the actuall screen itself. idk if the dust was only for the first batch of phones then they started glueing all the way around or what. but my phone is glued all the way around. i only get dust to the side of sceen where those cracks are. i just blow in there every once in a while and im fine
    Last edited by blindman4556; 04-16-2009 at 02:02 PM.

thetruth is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    304C7468
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    With my first storm I kept it naked in my pocket and I got a lot of dust under the screen. I got a replacement and bought the Seidio Innocase II, two months later I still don't have dust under my screen.