Best Radio Code
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 60

Thread: Best Radio Code

  1. #1
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times

    Best Radio Code

    So I think by now most have been through about a dozen different radio codes. Let's hear your thoughts on what radio code is the best and why.




  2. #2
    blindman4556's Avatar
    blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Posts
    384
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    So I think by now most have been through about a dozen different radio codes. Let's hear your thoughts on what radio code is the best and why.
    for me .75 and .90 only ones i can keep EDGE for longer than 10 minutes

  3. #3
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    So I think by now most have been through about a dozen different radio codes. Let's hear your thoughts on what radio code is the best and why.
    No brainer for me, .109. Stable, quick and holds signal well.

  4. #4
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    No brainer for me, .109. Stable, quick and holds signal well.
    I agree with this, i had best outcome with .109, other than that sfi my phone wasn't that great, im liking this .122 so far tho..

  5. #5
    bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Posts
    315
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    No brainer for me, .109. Stable, quick and holds signal well.
    +1


    10char

  6. #6
    jpking's Avatar
    jpking is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jpking On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    200
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm on .122 sfi & Java over .113 & love it!

  7. #7
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    .113 has been best for me...might try 109

  8. #8
    mmanuel552's Avatar
    mmanuel552 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow mmanuel552 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kiladelphia
    Device
    HTC Incredible / Droid /Pre +
    Posts
    299
    Liked
    1 times
    cant decide yet have .109 in right now. But constantly changing my mind

  9. #9
    JPY's Avatar
    JPY
    JPY is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The latest :)
    Posts
    221
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi and good morning. What does the radio code do? Sorry, I am not to savy on this. I have the 3.5 hybrid loaded over .113 so what one do I have? I am thinking that the author of this hybrid picked the best one.

  10. #10
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JPY View Post
    Hi and good morning. What does the radio code do? Sorry, I am not to savy on this. I have the 3.5 hybrid loaded over .113 so what one do I have? I am thinking that the author of this hybrid picked the best one.
    OK, The "Radio Code" is the term used to describe the .sfi file in the CDMA folder of your OS. It is basically your Operating System base (Platform). People have found that this holds the battery stamina and phone stability. Different Radio Codes react differently to phones. Some have luck with one's, while others have problems with the same one's. That's the why there is 4 different 3.5 versions. The only difference is the Radio code. If you have the 3.5 hybrid, Your platform is .153. Which means that you have the .122 CDMA, or "Radio".

  11. #11
    JPY's Avatar
    JPY
    JPY is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The latest :)
    Posts
    221
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    OK, The "Radio Code" is the term used to describe the .sfi file in the CDMA folder of your OS. It is basically your Operating System base (Platform). People have found that this holds the battery stamina and phone stability. Different Radio Codes react differently to phones. Some have luck with one's, while others have problems with the same one's. That's the why there is 4 different 3.5 versions. The only difference is the Radio code. If you have the 3.5 hybrid, Your platform is .153. Which means that you have the .122 CDMA, or "Radio".
    Thank you. Do you recommend the 109 radio code since BBC also recommended it? I seem to not have all my bars when I think I should have them. I also seem to have a better signal when I take off the battery cover (I read that yesterday)

  12. #12
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JPY View Post
    Thank you. Do you recommend the 109 radio code since BBC also recommended it? I seem to not have all my bars when I think I should have them. I also seem to have a better signal when I take off the battery cover (I read that yesterday)
    Like I said, they seem to react different to each phone. I would try it. It can't hurt. Load it up for a couple days and see if it works better for your phone. You can always go back to the one your on if it seems worse.

  13. #13
    JPY's Avatar
    JPY
    JPY is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The latest :)
    Posts
    221
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    Like I said, they seem to react different to each phone. I would try it. It can't hurt. Load it up for a couple days and see if it works better for your phone. You can always go back to the one your on if it seems worse.
    Ok, I did download some type of a radio code changer a few days ago. I am not sure where I go it or where the instructions are. Maybe it is something that is way over my head to do. I have managed eventually to load these hybrids.

  14. #14
    dillweed's Avatar
    dillweed is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North of 49th
    PIN
    eh......
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.580-shrunk
    Posts
    87
    Liked
    0 times
    for me it's a toss up between 109 and 122...109 is smooth, but I seem to have a bit more edge with 122.... will give 109 some more time, its only been 1day 12min.....mem and bat. been very good with 109.......

  15. #15
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JPY View Post
    Ok, I did download some type of a radio code changer a few days ago. I am not sure where I go it or where the instructions are. Maybe it is something that is way over my head to do. I have managed eventually to load these hybrids.
    Your talking about http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9....html#post5542. That is probably the easiest way to test different Radio codes. Not sure when you downloaded it, but make sure you have the latest version. (0.4) Easiest way is to just download it again. There is a readme.text that explains how to use it.

  16. #16
    JPY's Avatar
    JPY
    JPY is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The latest :)
    Posts
    221
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    Your talking about http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9....html#post5542. That is probably the easiest way to test different Radio codes. Not sure when you downloaded it, but make sure you have the latest version. (0.4) Easiest way is to just download it again. There is a readme.text that explains how to use it.
    That was not it Shane, it was a program that showed all the radio codes and it said to put it in a certain folder and then choose the one you want and then load the thone again, I believe. It is on my laptop therefore I am not sure of the program. I might just leave it alone. Probably not much of a difference for all that work!

  17. #17
    Spidersweb's Avatar
    Spidersweb is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    EST
    PIN
    312C58A8
    Device
    Strom 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607/672
    Posts
    175
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm on .122 and it's life in the fast lane. I've become a Storm junkie (don't laugh.)
    I change themes like the weather and since I went .112/3.5 my 'Rock' (that's what I call it) can run with the best of them. I added "QuickPull" yesterday and now it is "On-and-Popin". I can keep a good phone for a while; even when everyone else is making the switch. The only thing I would add to 'The Rock' is WiFi.

  18. #18
    JPY's Avatar
    JPY
    JPY is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The latest :)
    Posts
    221
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidersweb View Post
    I'm on .122 and it's life in the fast lane. I've become a Storm junkie (don't laugh.)
    I change themes like the weather and since I went .112/3.5 my 'Rock' (that's what I call it) can run with the best of them. I added "QuickPull" yesterday and now it is "On-and-Popin". I can keep a good phone for a while; even when everyone else is making the switch. The only thing I would add to 'The Rock' is WiFi.
    Roger that, it is pretty awesome

  19. #19
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JPY View Post
    That was not it Shane, it was a program that showed all the radio codes and it said to put it in a certain folder and then choose the one you want and then load the thone again, I believe. It is on my laptop therefore I am not sure of the program. I might just leave it alone. Probably not much of a difference for all that work!
    Yea, the info about that is at the bottom of the first post of the thread I linked you to.
    Swap-A-Radio V0.1
    http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/Swap-A-Radio.rar

    This is basically just to give easy access to different CDMA radio files, it will put it in the proper place, and you can launch loader from within it to update.
    This is handy if you don't like the radio code that you're using, you can easily download and switch to whichever version listed.
    How to use:
    Place Swap-A-Radio.exe in your current CDMA folder and run it.
    Click which radio version you would like to swap to. It will download it and backup the old one.
    click Launch Loader.exe and update with your new radio file.

  20. #20
    JPY's Avatar
    JPY
    JPY is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The latest :)
    Posts
    221
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    Yea, the info about that is at the bottom of the first post of the thread I linked you to.
    Yes, I just saw that. Sorry, getting boat ready to go out and just came back in for some lunch. Thanks for your help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •