Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Radio Code

Still trying to figure out how exactly you change just the radio file and how you go about checking if the changes were actually made..

Any help is appreciated

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by rufunky View Post
    Still trying to figure out how exactly you change just the radio file and how you go about checking if the changes were actually made..

Any help is appreciated
    The Radio file is in the CDMA file. Just copy the CDMA folder from whatever os you want to use & paste it into your current os. (such as taking the CDMA file from .109 & pasting it into .103). Let us know if you need a more detailed explaination.

Quote Originally Posted by jpking View Post
    The Radio file is in the CDMA file. Just copy the CDMA folder from whatever os you want to use & paste it into your current os. (such as taking the CDMA file from .109 & pasting it into .103). Let us know if you need a more detailed explaination.
    Thanks JP I understand that part ... =)

Now after putting the files in the OS folder located on my computer what steps do I take to update them on my phone? And how do I check to make sure the update was successful?

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Thanks JP I understand that part ... =)

Now after putting the files in the OS folder located on my computer what steps do I take to load update them on my phone? And how do I check to make sure the update was successful?
    Plug in your phone, run the app loader found @ C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (do not go through the desktop manager), click on "Loader" icon (looks like a phone), click next, check/uncheck the apps you want, if it asks you to keep the files on your device or downgrade, click on downgrade (because you may be using an older radio code). Let the app loader do its thing & the way to make sure it's loaded afterward is go to options/about on your phone & check the platform.

.113 CDMA should be platform 4.0.0.144
    .122 CDMA should be platform 4.0.0.153
    .109 CDMA should be platform 4.0.0.136
    Last edited by jpking; 04-17-2009 at 01:51 PM.

Thanks a bunch..Much appreciated

I will give this a shot when i get off work..

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jpking View Post
    .109 is working out good so far, although I've had one random reboot. Signal is good, os seems to be just a tad bit slower than with .122 sfi, but battery is MUCH better than with .122. Just a recap. I've got .113 with .122 Java & .109 CDMA.
    hey jp ne more random reboots? im running some 5.0 files and v3.5 on .122 with the .122 radio which i dont like at all so im going to change it what os r u running

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Thanks a bunch..Much appreciated

I will give this a shot when i get off work..

No prob! :cool2: If you run into any problems, feel free to ask, there's always someone around to help out

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    hey jp ne more random reboots? im running some 5.0 files and v3.5 on .122 with the .122 radio which i dont like at all so im going to change it what os r u running
    No, just that one, so far, which I think may be an isolated event .109 is supposed to be very stable. FYI, I have only been running the .109 sfi for about 14 hrs. I'm running .113 base os, with .122 Java & .109 CDMA (sfi)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast