Unlocked STORM (TELUS) Rado Turning OFF
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Unlocked STORM (TELUS) Rado Turning OFF

  1. #1
    bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Posts
    315
    Liked
    2 times

    Unlocked STORM (TELUS) Rado Turning OFF

    Ok, here's the deal. Im the one usually helping out and troubleshooting your issue. Now i need help.

    i have one of my STORMs Unlocked from TELUS wiht the MEP code, after the unlock and using it on a ROGERS network the Radio keeps shutting off. Since the unlock this problem started, i am using the V3.5.1 and it is still the same. Any 1 had the same issue? What was the resolution. Yes i know no body's perfect and yes i do need help.
    Last edited by cruznthru; 04-15-2009 at 11:35 PM.




  2. #2
    blindman4556's Avatar
    blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Posts
    384
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmerdinian View Post
    Ok, here's the deal. Im the one usually helping out and troubleshooting your issue. Now i need help.

    i have one of my STORMs Unlocked from TELUS wiht the MEP code, after the unlock and using it on a ROGERS network the Radio keeps shutting off. Since the unlock this problem started, i am using the V3.5.1 and it is still the same. Any 1 had the same issue? What was the resolution. Yes i know no body's perfect and yes i do need help.
    ive never had that problem, the closest ive been to that problem was that everytime i did a battery pull it would say (under conection manager) verizon wirelss and nothing at top and full bars with 1xev until about 10-30 minutes later it would finally say AT&T at top with EDGE. that was on .113 i think. only did it for like a week and it resolved itself idk

  3. #3
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    189 times
    What is your location when this happens
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  4. #4
    bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Posts
    315
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    What is your location when this happens
    Canada bro what do u mean location? The phone worked great until unlocked... and even now when i switch to CDMA works perfect.. i know it is the radio file. but BBCM said to use the V351... stilll the same, turns radio by itself off and you need to do a batt pull to get connection. It will not restore even when you restore

  5. #5
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmerdinian View Post
    Canada bro what do u mean location? The phone worked great until unlocked... and even now when i switch to CDMA works perfect.. i know it is the radio file. but BBCM said to use the V351... stilll the same, turns radio by itself off and you need to do a batt pull to get connection. It will not restore even when you restore
    Hey B, what are your network settings?

  6. #6
    cruznthru's Avatar
    cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmerdinian View Post
    Canada bro what do u mean location? The phone worked great until unlocked... and even now when i switch to CDMA works perfect.. i know it is the radio file. but BBCM said to use the V351... stilll the same, turns radio by itself off and you need to do a batt pull to get connection. It will not restore even when you restore
    "B" you tried leaving it set for GSM only?

  7. #7
    bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Posts
    315
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Hey B, what are your network settings?
    Data on
    Mobile Network Auto
    Network Tech : 3g/2g

    Hey BBCM nice to hear from u

  8. #8
    bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Posts
    315
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru View Post
    "B" you tried leaving it set for GSM only?
    yup did that... but Radio turns off whenever it wants. No time limit. sometimes 1 hour sometimes 10 min sometimes half a day on GSM

  9. #9
    bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Posts
    315
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Hey B, what are your network settings?
    i even tried to reprogram the phone no manually into the phone since it is originally CDMA and it was showing my phone number as my previous number that was activated with the phone on CDMA

  10. #10
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru View Post
    "B" you tried leaving it set for GSM only?
    Kinda where I was headed:arms:

    Quote Originally Posted by bmerdinian View Post
    Data on
    Mobile Network Auto
    Network Tech : 3g/2g

    Hey BBCM nice to hear from u
    Didnt here back from you last night, I see it didnt go that well

  11. #11
    bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Posts
    315
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Kinda where I was headed:arms:



    Didnt here back from you last night, I see it didnt go that well
    nope ... i fell asleep the phone in my hands lol ... my wife woke up in the morning said she wants a divorce she caught me with the STORM

  12. #12
    bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Posts
    315
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Kinda where I was headed:arms:



    Didnt here back from you last night, I see it didnt go that well
    every time i do a batt pull it asks me to go global i say no .. .instead of yes. So i make sure it is on GSM oh and BBCM by the way ... now i have the MMS/SMS icon on my TELUS phone next part is to make it work i resolved that by getting the service books from my rogers phone

  13. #13
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmerdinian View Post
    nope ... i fell asleep the phone in my hands lol ... my wife woke up in the morning said she wants a divorce she caught me with the STORM
    I know the feeling!!! Just a thought, why dont you wipe, restore back to the latest official OS. Make sure its operable. Then write the v3.5.1 into that OS and check it again. It could be just a coincidental that this happened and could just be defective...

  14. #14
    bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Posts
    315
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    I know the feeling!!! Just a thought, why dont you wipe, restore back to the latest official OS. Make sure its operable. Then write the v3.5.1 into that OS and check it again. It could be just a coincidental that this happened and could just be defective...
    thats my next step... but i cant afford getting the phone back for the second day. Phone was sold :P but will try to work around. Wipe will be good. But u say to install the .76? TELUS on it? then try the 351? thats a good idea though .

  15. #15
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmerdinian View Post
    every time i do a batt pull it asks me to go global i say no .. .instead of yes. So i make sure it is on GSM oh and BBCM by the way ... now i have the MMS/SMS icon on my TELUS phone next part is to make it work i resolved that by getting the service books from my rogers phone
    Alright! glad to here you finally got the icons you have been searching for:fing02:

  16. #16
    bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Posts
    315
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Alright! glad to here you finally got the icons you have been searching for:fing02:
    now the hard part is to make it work everytime i send i get a RED X any ideas?

  17. #17
    blindman4556's Avatar
    blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Posts
    384
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmerdinian View Post
    now the hard part is to make it work everytime i send i get a RED X any ideas?
    thats when i resort to the tried and true throw the damn thing at the wall and shit talk it til it works:argue:. if that dosent (only works after step 1) sweat talk it and apologize and promise to do dirty things to it:3some:....if neither work im out of ideas lol

  18. #18
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blindman4556 View Post
    thats when i resort to the tried and true throw the damn thing at the wall and shit talk it til it works:argue:. if that dosent (only works after step 1) sweat talk it and apologize and promise to do dirty things to it:3some:....if neither work im out of ideas lol
    That's hilarious blindman unfortunately none of those have ever worked for me lol

  19. #19
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmerdinian View Post
    thats my next step... but i cant afford getting the phone back for the second day. Phone was sold :P but will try to work around. Wipe will be good. But u say to install the .76? TELUS on it? then try the 351? thats a good idea though .
    That's what I would do. Try the original release than upgrade to v3.5.1

  20. #20
    blindman4556's Avatar
    blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Posts
    384
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    That's hilarious blindman unfortunately none of those have ever worked for me lol
    hmm...you most not be talking to it right. lol..try taking its cloths off and rub its back a little lol usually works for me at least a good start

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •