Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Device
    OS
    OS 5.0.0.428
    Why do you keep saying that they he should UNLOCK his phone? There is no need for this.

Verizon has a North American plan -. They are the only carrier that has anything like it. You can add it as an plan change for you time in Canada and then change back when you get back. It is not like going to Europe where they use GSM exclusively - Canada has much the same choices for infrastructure as we have in the U.S. Yes, I agree that it is necessary when going to Europe and using a GSM network, but not in this case.

Call Verizon and ask them about it. I go back and forth every week, pretty much, and have no issues whatsoever. However well intentioned you guys are in recommending unlocking, you don't need this to work on the Telus network automatically -

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Because using VZW in Canada is expensive lol much cheaper to unlock and get local sum if there is gsm
    Posted via mobile device

PIN
    30656A93
    Device
    Sorm
    OS
    A problem with unlocking and using another SIM card is that you do not get data (SMS, BBM, Browser)

Device
    OS
    Verizon roams off of Telus and Telus has nation wide coverage. Telus/Bell actually now have very impressive coverage and depending on where you are, you'll get better coverage than with Rogers/Fido (at least I do on my Telus phone - I always get greater coverage than my boyfriend who is on Rogers).

So long as you don't intend to use tons of data while you're here (avoid streaming music, downloading apps, etc.), you'll be just fine. And as others stated, Verizon has a great North American option that they can get you while you're here. When you add all of this up, it is far better than dealing with the hassle of unlocking your phone. Canada is not Europe and your CDMA Verizon phone will work just fine here.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    The options I provided were because how expensive it is to use vow to roam on the telus networks.
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    The options I provided were because how expensive it is to use vow to roam on the telus networks.
    Posted via mobile device
    That's why you need your business to deduct it as an expense

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    That's why you need your business to deduct it as an expense
    LOL not all of us have that luxury ya know

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12