Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

808Storming is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric 5.0.0.419 w/ 4

Last known OS with working bluetooth voice dialing?

Can someone help me out and let me know what was the last known OS where voice dialing still worked with a bluetooth headset? BBC's V10 is great except for this (I can live with the occasional screen dimming when switching to landscape, the low volume problem with videos taken with the phone, and some other minor issues with the video player), but since it is illegal here to use a hand-held phone while driving, voice dialing with my Jawbone Prime is critical. Thanks for your help!

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    have you tried 8.5 hybrid? I thought I remember it working on that. I like your new avatar by the way.

808Storming is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric 5.0.0.419 w/ 4
    Yes, it worked fine on V8.5. My phone didn't really like the 5.0 leaks before 5.0.0.328 and I don't recall if the bluetooth voice dialing worked on 5.0.0.230 or one of the earlier versions.

The 5.0 OS's have some great features but do I need ot go back to the 4.7 OS's and hybrids, like V8.5, in order to get voice dialing back on my headset?

(and thanks for the compliment)

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Yeah, I agree the 5.0's were junky on mine before 328 too. I don't know if you need to go back...hopefully someone will chime in. I hook mine up to the stereo for music and calls. Only 10 bucks from walmart for the transmitter

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Hopefully BBC will chime in here as I don't recall at what point voice dialing became an issue. Or perhaps one could use the VAD cods from an earlier hybrid or OS and just add it using BBSAK. Can't hurt to give that a try.

Corey Darling is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    I've found the best hybrid is Lyric's .230/.238/.323 hybrid. It uses the .230 base and .238 sfi

Bluetooth works fine on it for me, and it doesnt have the few glitches of .323/.328 (like missing links in email). It also has ghost keys and can still run the older themes that wont work on .323.
    Last edited by Corey Darling; 11-22-2009 at 06:14 PM.

Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Darling View Post
    I've found the best hybrid is Lyric's .230/.238/.323 hybrid. It uses the .230 base and .238 sfi

Bluetooth works fine on it for me, and it doesnt have few the glitches of .323/.328 (like missing links in email). It also has ghost keys and can still run the older themes that wont work on .323.

No White bars huh?

Corey Darling is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Right, and it still works with the new Themes aswell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast