Last known OS with working bluetooth voice dialing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last known OS with working bluetooth voice dialing?

808Storming is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric 5.0.0.419 w/ 4
    Liked
    0 times

Last known OS with working bluetooth voice dialing?

Can someone help me out and let me know what was the last known OS where voice dialing still worked with a bluetooth headset? BBC's V10 is great except for this (I can live with the occasional screen dimming when switching to landscape, the low volume problem with videos taken with the phone, and some other minor issues with the video player), but since it is illegal here to use a hand-held phone while driving, voice dialing with my Jawbone Prime is critical. Thanks for your help!

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    have you tried 8.5 hybrid? I thought I remember it working on that. I like your new avatar by the way.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric 5.0.0.419 w/ 4
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, it worked fine on V8.5. My phone didn't really like the 5.0 leaks before 5.0.0.328 and I don't recall if the bluetooth voice dialing worked on 5.0.0.230 or one of the earlier versions.

The 5.0 OS's have some great features but do I need ot go back to the 4.7 OS's and hybrids, like V8.5, in order to get voice dialing back on my headset?

(and thanks for the compliment)

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    Yeah, I agree the 5.0's were junky on mine before 328 too. I don't know if you need to go back...hopefully someone will chime in. I hook mine up to the stereo for music and calls. Only 10 bucks from walmart for the transmitter
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Hopefully BBC will chime in here as I don't recall at what point voice dialing became an issue. Or perhaps one could use the VAD cods from an earlier hybrid or OS and just add it using BBSAK. Can't hurt to give that a try.

Corey Darling is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Liked
    0 times
    I've found the best hybrid is Lyric's .230/.238/.323 hybrid. It uses the .230 base and .238 sfi

Bluetooth works fine on it for me, and it doesnt have the few glitches of .323/.328 (like missing links in email). It also has ghost keys and can still run the older themes that wont work on .323.
    Last edited by Corey Darling; 11-22-2009 at 06:14 PM.

Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Darling View Post
    I've found the best hybrid is Lyric's .230/.238/.323 hybrid. It uses the .230 base and .238 sfi

Bluetooth works fine on it for me, and it doesnt have few the glitches of .323/.328 (like missing links in email). It also has ghost keys and can still run the older themes that wont work on .323.

No White bars huh?

Liked
    0 times
    Right, and it still works with the new Themes aswell.

PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Liked
    0 times
    Right, and it still works with the new Themes aswell.

Do you know if there's a link for "findings and fixes" for lyr's 238/323H..Am really liking Crackman's V10 but if there's an OS out there w/themes w/no white bars, Am all for it. Plus I gotta have the speed of V10 though...Its really time consuming going back and forth with these OSs...Could you also post the apps that you have working so I can make a comparison...Thanks...

Liked
    0 times
    The closest thing to a findings thread on this site for the .323 hybrid is the .296 hybrid (but only 3 pages worth). They are very similar.

There is also a thread about this hybrid on BBHybrids - Blackberry Hybrids

As for speed: It is not quite as speedy as V10 in terms of accelerometer. But its close. I myself would have stuck with v10, but the email-link issue was really annoying, and the lack of bluetooth i was having with media player (which is most likely due to my headset... but it works in .230, so i went back)

Its a fair compromise. Its still a fast OS, just not quite as fast as V10. But it makes up for it with the available features mentioned already.

I dont have many apps installed. But havn't had any issues with them.

Facebook
    Youtube
    Google Maps
    Opera 5.0 beta
    weather eye (doesnt update homescreen icon unfortunately, but if i recall, it did with v10)

Corey

PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Liked
    0 times
    The closest thing to a findings thread on this site for the .323 hybrid is the .296 hybrid (but only 3 pages worth). They are very similar.

There is also a thread about this hybrid on BBHybrids - Blackberry Hybrids

As for speed: It is not quite as speedy as V10 in terms of accelerometer. But its close. I myself would have stuck with v10, but the email-link issue was really annoying, and the lack of bluetooth i was having with media player (which is most likely due to my headset... but it works in .230, so i went back)

Its a fair compromise. Its still a fast OS, just not quite as fast as V10. But it makes up for it with the available features mentioned already.

I dont have many apps installed. But havn't had any issues with them.

Facebook
    Youtube
    Google Maps
    Opera 5.0 beta
    weather eye (doesnt update homescreen icon unfortunately, but if i recall, it did with v10)

Corey

kool..TY

MrTruckincowboy is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    head
    Device
    vzw 9530
    OS
    5.0.323 rocking fast !!
    Liked
    0 times
    well hybrid 328/351 seems to have fixed the bluetooth vad issue for me try that one.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/h...ngs-fixes.html
    Last edited by MrTruckincowboy; 11-22-2009 at 11:07 PM.

PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTruckincowboy View Post
    well hybrid 328/351 seems to have fixed the bluetooth vad issue for me try that one.

Can I assume that you're not running 351? according to your info..I loaed V10 but playing music thru BT is very choppy and doesnt hold up with the media...Everything else is FLAWLESS.. I hope 351 or 323H resolves my issue. Thanks for your insight!

Liked
    0 times
    ..I loaed V10 but playing music thru BT is very choppy and doesnt hold up with the media..
    May I ask what headset you are using? My Jabra JX10 no longer plays music with .323+ (V10) but it still works with .230 based hybrids.
    Last edited by Corey Darling; 11-23-2009 at 03:21 AM.

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 808Storming View Post
    Can someone help me out and let me know what was the last known OS where voice dialing still worked with a bluetooth headset? BBC's V10 is great except for this (I can live with the occasional screen dimming when switching to landscape, the low volume problem with videos taken with the phone, and some other minor issues with the video player), but since it is illegal here to use a hand-held phone while driving, voice dialing with my Jawbone Prime is critical. Thanks for your help!

I'm using V10 and voice dialling is working perfect. Try reloading?

Gemmini is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow Gemmini On Twitter
    PIN
    30550e00
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    ....I have not really had issues with my Bluetooth even the last two versions of 5.0. However I do know that I could not transfer my Bluetooth settings. I had to remove all my connected Bluetooth devices before applying the update, then reconnecting all my devices after. I hope that helps.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric 5.0.0.419 w/ 4
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joshjamie View Post
    I'm using V10 and voice dialling is working perfect. Try reloading?
    Thanks, but I tried reloading V10 a couple of times, but it's still did not work for me. Which bluetooth headset are you using? And can you adapt voice for voice dialing on your headset?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemmini View Post
    ....I have not really had issues with my Bluetooth even the last two versions of 5.0. However I do know that I could not transfer my Bluetooth settings. I had to remove all my connected Bluetooth devices before applying the update, then reconnecting all my devices after. I hope that helps.
    Thanks, I also tried deleting the device and then adding it back, but it didn't fix the problem. I recall others also had problems with voice dialing on their bluetooth headsets. Which bluetooth headset are you using? And can you adapt voice for voice dialing on your headset?

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric 5.0.0.419 w/ 4
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTruckincowboy View Post

Thanks. I will try this and see if it works for my phone.

PIN
    30550e00
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, but I tried reloading V10 a couple of times, but it's still did not work for me. Which bluetooth headset are you using? And can you adapt voice for voice dialing on your headset?

Thanks, I also tried deleting the device and then adding it back, but it didn't fix the problem. I recall others also had problems with voice dialing on their bluetooth headsets. Which bluetooth headset are you using? And can you adapt voice for voice dialing on your headset?
    Im using two devices one is the MOTOROKR T505 and the other is an LG HBS-200. I know that i had issues before I tried removing them. NOTE I had to make sure my bluetooth list was free of installed devies BEFORE in upgraded or I had to do a clean install using the Blackberry Swiss Army Knife (BSAK) RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][8/18/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.5 and then add in my back up files for it to work properly. I also have to say i still have issues from calls not always completing from time to time.

PIN
    30550e00
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemmini View Post
    Im using two devices one is the MOTOROKR T505 and the other is an LG HBS-200. I know that i had issues before I tried removing them. NOTE I had to make sure my bluetooth list was free of installed devies BEFORE in upgraded or I had to do a clean install using the Blackberry Swiss Army Knife (BSAK) RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][8/18/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.5 and then add in my back up files for it to work properly. I also have to say i still have issues from calls not always completing from time to time.
    ...Sorry i didn't mention you CANNOT use backed up bluetooth settings they must be paired post intsall clean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast