First Defective Storm2 in Canada?

Thread: First Defective Storm2 in Canada?

supernewf is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    31149EA6
    Device
    storm2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

First Defective Storm2 in Canada?

I picked up a Storm2 yesterday, after having four defective original Storms.
    My new Storm2 was rebooting constantly today and displaying various error messages after rebooting. Finally it froze with JVM error 529. telus tech support said to replace it. So now I'm on my 2nd Storm2 in less than 24 hours. Not a great start to a new relationship.

cj100570 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cj100570 On Twitter
    PIN
    306051B3
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by supernewf View Post
    My new Storm2 was rebooting constantly today and displaying various error messages after rebooting. Finally it froze with JVM error 529. telus tech support said to replace it. So now I'm on my 2nd Storm2 in less than 24 hours. Not a great start to a new relationship.

That's technology for ya. My 1st iPhone was laggy and constantly booted me back to the home screen for no reason. my Storm was totally trouble free. My Droid has frozen 1 or 2 times. It happens!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Semper Paratus"

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by supernewf View Post
    What apps did you load.. that is an app error which means you had an app on there that was not compatible with the OS

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    I have been through 4 Storm 2 already, 3 from Mexico and one from Canada. All have the same issue, defect in the click. Meaning one area of the keyboard doesn't click at all. After going through 12 of the original Storm's my patience for this device has just about ran out

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Wow.. i have had 0 troible with this storm. I have heard of some trouble. With this one I can honestly believe its in the os.. with the peizo sensors, I believe that if the os isnt telling the sensors when the screen is off but not locked that they can still work that would cause the problem you are all having

supernewf is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    31149EA6
    Device
    storm2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I did have a fair number of Apps installed which I transferred from my original Storm. It did function for about 16 hours without any problems. I had not installed any new apps today as I was busy at work. It just started randomly resetting. Both of my Storm 2s were assembled in Mexico.

saso07 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    Just ask plz :)
    Device
    Blackberry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I have 0 issues with my storm. made in canada

jimmyt is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    have had 2 bad storm2's - one was mexican the other was canadian.. number three will be here next week. the canadian storm had a bad headphone jack, the mexican storm refuses to click on the answer call button... lets see what #3 holds...

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I have been through 4 Storm 2 already, 3 from Mexico and one from Canada. All have the same issue, defect in the click. Meaning one area of the keyboard doesn't click at all. After going through 12 of the original Storm's my patience for this device has just about ran out
    You know, that was one of the major factors in my decision to go Droid. The S2 at the kiosk didn't click well, and as cool and high-tech as the mechanism is; I just don't see it being durable in the long run. At least the Storm 1 used the "Keep It Simple, Stupid!" philosophy for its click screen. The Storm 2 is far from simple, and has too many moving parts, IMHO.