Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 24

  1. #1
    southpawmedic is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow southpawmedic On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    Posts
    17

    unlocked Verizon 9530

    OK..I had posted this question on another forum but really didn't get much. I'm hoping the superior knowledge BBOS has will help me out! I sold my unlocked Verizon Storm 9530 to a friend who is on Alltel. I have been told the phone should work as long as he just wants the phone and texting service and NO data plan. That is exactly what he wants. He called Alltel and they gave him the big hand and said they cannot switch the phone over. What's the scoop? Is there something I can do or did he just get a CSR who was not willing to work with him?



  2. #2
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by southpawmedic View Post
    OK..I had posted this question on another forum but really didn't get much. I'm hoping the superior knowledge BBOS has will help me out! I sold my unlocked Verizon Storm 9530 to a friend who is on Alltel. I have been told the phone should work as long as he just wants the phone and texting service and NO data plan. That is exactly what he wants. He called Alltel and they gave him the big hand and said they cannot switch the phone over. What's the scoop? Is there something I can do or did he just get a CSR who was not willing to work with him?
    hmmm the only problem is its hard to do.. tell him to try activating it online or by dialing combo's of *22801-*22800 until he gets an alltel.. also go under options>mobilenetwork>and network selection (if you wiped the phone) may say auto a or auto b, if it does select auto b then try *228

  3. #3
    southpawmedic is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow southpawmedic On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    Posts
    17
    he tried activating it online and it wouldn't work. He now tells me it just says automatic. There is no A or B



  4. #4
    southpawmedic is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow southpawmedic On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    Posts
    17
    OK...just spoke with my friend. He said by dialing *22800, he gets a busy signal. If he dials *22801, it says activation failed. Any other ideas?

  5. #5
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by southpawmedic View Post
    he tried activating it online and it wouldn't work. He now tells me it just says automatic. There is no A or B
    Yea that I think is only there before ever activated

    Quote Originally Posted by southpawmedic View Post
    OK...just spoke with my friend. He said by dialing *22800, he gets a busy signal. If he dials *22801, it says activation failed. Any other ideas?
    tell him to dial all combos from 00-01(ie-*22800 *22801 *22802 etc etc) and see if he gets one that says alltel. Also unlocked or not you are using CDMA carriers so that wont make a difference. I know people have got them working before on alltel I just dont know how.



  6. #6
    southpawmedic is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow southpawmedic On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    Posts
    17
    Thanks jnepsa...I just texted him with your info. I'll keep you updated whether it works or not.

  7. #7
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by southpawmedic View Post
    Thanks jnepsa...I just texted him with your info. I'll keep you updated whether it works or not.
    Yup let me know.. In the mean time if anyone here has any vzw blackberry running on alltel let us know how you got it to work.

  8. #8
    tallon's Avatar
    tallon is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    storm
    OS
    .113
    Posts
    35
    could VZW be blocking it somehow since they own Alltel...???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •