unlocked Verizon 9530
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: unlocked Verizon 9530

southpawmedic is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow southpawmedic On Twitter
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    Liked
    0 times

unlocked Verizon 9530

OK..I had posted this question on another forum but really didn't get much. I'm hoping the superior knowledge BBOS has will help me out! I sold my unlocked Verizon Storm 9530 to a friend who is on Alltel. I have been told the phone should work as long as he just wants the phone and texting service and NO data plan. That is exactly what he wants. He called Alltel and they gave him the big hand and said they cannot switch the phone over. What's the scoop? Is there something I can do or did he just get a CSR who was not willing to work with him?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by southpawmedic View Post
    OK..I had posted this question on another forum but really didn't get much. I'm hoping the superior knowledge BBOS has will help me out! I sold my unlocked Verizon Storm 9530 to a friend who is on Alltel. I have been told the phone should work as long as he just wants the phone and texting service and NO data plan. That is exactly what he wants. He called Alltel and they gave him the big hand and said they cannot switch the phone over. What's the scoop? Is there something I can do or did he just get a CSR who was not willing to work with him?
    hmmm the only problem is its hard to do.. tell him to try activating it online or by dialing combo's of *22801-*22800 until he gets an alltel.. also go under options>mobilenetwork>and network selection (if you wiped the phone) may say auto a or auto b, if it does select auto b then try *228

Device
    Storm2 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    he tried activating it online and it wouldn't work. He now tells me it just says automatic. There is no A or B

Device
    Storm2 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    OK...just spoke with my friend. He said by dialing *22800, he gets a busy signal. If he dials *22801, it says activation failed. Any other ideas?

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    he tried activating it online and it wouldn't work. He now tells me it just says automatic. There is no A or B
    Yea that I think is only there before ever activated

OK...just spoke with my friend. He said by dialing *22800, he gets a busy signal. If he dials *22801, it says activation failed. Any other ideas?
    tell him to dial all combos from 00-01(ie-*22800 *22801 *22802 etc etc) and see if he gets one that says alltel. Also unlocked or not you are using CDMA carriers so that wont make a difference. I know people have got them working before on alltel I just dont know how.

Device
    Storm2 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks jnepsa...I just texted him with your info. I'll keep you updated whether it works or not.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks jnepsa...I just texted him with your info. I'll keep you updated whether it works or not.
    Yup let me know.. In the mean time if anyone here has any vzw blackberry running on alltel let us know how you got it to work.

tallon is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    could VZW be blocking it somehow since they own Alltel...???

Device
    Storm2 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tallon View Post
    Wouldn't think that since others have done this successfully. I just haven't been able to find out the exact steps as to how they got it working.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tallon View Post
    Wouldn't think that since others have done this successfully. I just haven't been able to find out the exact steps as to how they got it working.
    vzw only bought parts of alltel not all of them there is a way I am just not 100% how

Device
    Storm2 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    awaiting word from my friend who has the phone.

Device
    Storm2 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    absolutely nothing will work to get this switched over to Alltel. Anyone know of anything else to try? Should I contact Verizon about this?

secured2k is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

I didn't read all the posts above.

Unlocking the phone has no effect on Alltel/Verizon since they are both CDMA.

You can use a Storm 1 or 2 on Alltel's network, but without some advanced editing and overriding in the phone system at Alltel (which a CSR might not have access to), you will not be able to access data features.

To allow for Phone and Text services, you will need to manually edit the phone CDMA service menu. Dial ##000000 and press Send to access this menu. The information here needs to partially match what Alltel has in its system.

Since Alltel and Verizon are partners/parent/child companies, you can actually use your Alltel activated phone while on Verizon towers without additional charge as long as your alltel plan doesn't have roaming.

Since the Storm you have probably is Verizon branded, the phone is hard coded programmed to search for Verizon towers. You can force aspecific SID for Alltel if you know which one you use in the CDMA servicing menu and then in the Options -> Network options -> Network Selection -> Home Only.

Finally, you should call up Alltel and just tell them you want to switch from your existing or lost phone with your old Alltel phone and provide the blackberry's ESN in hex. Don't tell them its a verizon phone or blackberry.

Alltel has automatic auditing systems that may be able to detect your phone is a blackberry and may automatically add blackberry provisioning.

Since Verizon is the parent company, you may want to just switch to Verizon and they should be able to waive activation and grandfather your current Alltel plan/bill. The prices should be fairly close as well.

With all service providers, if you have a smart phone, they will want to tack on the data plan charge. Again, this might be added automatically by an auditing system.

I hope all this information helps.

Device
    Storm2 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by secured2k View Post
    Hi,

I didn't read all the posts above.

Unlocking the phone has no effect on Alltel/Verizon since they are both CDMA.

You can use a Storm 1 or 2 on Alltel's network, but without some advanced editing and overriding in the phone system at Alltel (which a CSR might not have access to), you will not be able to access data features.

To allow for Phone and Text services, you will need to manually edit the phone CDMA service menu. Dial ##000000 and press Send to access this menu. The information here needs to partially match what Alltel has in its system.

Since Alltel and Verizon are partners/parent/child companies, you can actually use your Alltel activated phone while on Verizon towers without additional charge as long as your alltel plan doesn't have roaming.

Since the Storm you have probably is Verizon branded, the phone is hard coded programmed to search for Verizon towers. You can force aspecific SID for Alltel if you know which one you use in the CDMA servicing menu and then in the Options -> Network options -> Network Selection -> Home Only.

Finally, you should call up Alltel and just tell them you want to switch from your existing or lost phone with your old Alltel phone and provide the blackberry's ESN in hex. Don't tell them its a verizon phone or blackberry.

Alltel has automatic auditing systems that may be able to detect your phone is a blackberry and may automatically add blackberry provisioning.

Since Verizon is the parent company, you may want to just switch to Verizon and they should be able to waive activation and grandfather your current Alltel plan/bill. The prices should be fairly close as well.

With all service providers, if you have a smart phone, they will want to tack on the data plan charge. Again, this might be added automatically by an auditing system.

I hope all this information helps.
    Thank you! What if I don't know his specific SID? Can you give me specific step by steps to get this done or is that what you specified above?

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    The SID would be something that another local Alltel phone would show or an Alltel tech could provide. Before going into those steps, I suggest the call up tech services and try to just switch the ESN without indicating it's a smart phone or verizon branded.

Then watch the billing carefully online. Maybe go into the phone and try your best to disable any data features.

Device
    Storm2 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks secured2k...I'll try Alltel again.

Device
    Storm2 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    Well...I've gotten nowhere with Alltel. They won't aren't budging on activating this verizon storm.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    What did they say?

trunk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    seeing as alltel is owned by verizon, your gonna have a hard time getting this activated, im sure you could do it if you were willing to pay the data plan, but w/o data will be much more of a chore. Try talking to managers and complaining that your going to switch carriers, its worked for me w/ verizon, but ive been with them for 8+ years. Good luck to you

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trunk View Post
    seeing as alltel is owned by verizon, your gonna have a hard time getting this activated, im sure you could do it if you were willing to pay the data plan, but w/o data will be much more of a chore. Try talking to managers and complaining that your going to switch carriers, its worked for me w/ verizon, but ive been with them for 8+ years. Good luck to you
    Not in this situation. if thye are a customer that is not part of the merger they will be able to use your suggestion but if thye are going to be vzw anyhow it wont make a difference

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast