Crickee is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    which one? I've lost count!
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times
    I activated a storm on Alltel in April before the merger. I did buy their data plan $44.95 per month and my storm worked great! You need to call Alltel tell them it is a curve, they will have you go into the ##000000 menu to change the sid info and the password info, bb reg number (alltel is 144). There are some sites out there where you can get the sid info, the password is alltel, user name is the phone number ###-###-####@alltel.net. It worked great for me, I got my storm on ebay, I was out of contract and had a great plan with alltel. It took a couple of tries and phone calls to Alltel, I didn't want to give up my plan. If you are not in a merged area this can be done, you will also need to get the bb number released from VZW, I told them I was going out of the country and they did this, then alltel was able to add it to their system.
    Last edited by Crickee; 11-21-2009 at 02:17 PM.

Crickee

southpawmedic is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow southpawmedic On Twitter
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crickee View Post
    I activated a storm on Alltel in April before the merger. I did buy their data plan $44.95 per month and my storm worked great! You need to call Alltel tell them it is a curve, they will have you go into the ##000000 menu to change the sid info and the password info, bb reg number (alltel is 144). There are some sites out there where you can get the sid info, the password is alltel, user name is the phone number ###-###-####@alltel.net. It worked great for me, I got my storm on ebay, I was out of contract and had a great plan with alltel. It took a couple of tries and phone calls to Alltel, I didn't want to give up my plan. If you are not in a merged area this can be done, you will also need to get the bb number released from VZW, I told them I was going out of the country and they did this, then alltel was able to add it to their system.
    What if he doesn't want the data plan? He just wants the phone for calls and texting for now. Would we still do it the same way?

Crickee is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    which one? I've lost count!
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't know about the storm without the data plan. I did have a palm phone without the data plan on alltel, loved it just for the calendar, and contact info, easy to use.
    Crickee

secured2k is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I've done everything I've said in my previous posts. It can be done but they aren't supposed to. In my situation, I had a non-smart phone and called up saying I'd like to switch to my new ESN cause my old phone was dead/lost. The BB worked fine but the data plan was automatically added by Alltel's system at the start of the next billing cycle. I was told by the techs that it was an automatic auditing system that enabled the feature cause the phone was still requesting data services.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12