Thread: S1 to S2 app transfer

ahart019 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

S1 to S2 app transfer

i just got a S2 and i already saved all my apps via BBSAK but when i try and do a device switch with desktop manager it doesnt transfer my apps. i also tried using BBSAK to load them and it says it is not compatable. the only thing i can think of is that i havent activated the device but i did a sim card transfer. i dont see why that would matter. if anyone can help id appreciate it!! also if anyone knows how to do a easy transfer of media from sd card to sd card without doing everything individually saving them to my computer let me know.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ahart019 View Post
    i just got a S2 and i already saved all my apps via BBSAK but when i try and do a device switch with desktop manager it doesnt transfer my apps. i also tried using BBSAK to load them and it says it is not compatable. the only thing i can think of is that i havent activated the device but i did a sim card transfer. i dont see why that would matter. if anyone can help id appreciate it!! also if anyone knows how to do a easy transfer of media from sd card to sd card without doing everything individually saving them to my computer let me know.
    to be 100% honest with you when i did my switch.. only thing i restored was my contacts and then redownloaded all my apps

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    to be 100% honest with you when i did my switch.. only thing i restored was my contacts and then redownloaded all my apps
    That's what I did too.
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    That's what I did too.
    Posted via mobile device
    Ok so you rebought all of your apps? What about expensive ones like tetherberry?

Is there at least a convenient way to transfer all my media from S1 sd card to my S2 sd card?

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    No didn't rebuy redownloaded. Ig u log into lobi hand or email the customer service of am app u have bought they will send you thr link and change the pin on your account to the new device.
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    No didn't rebuy redownloaded. Ig u log into lobi hand or email the customer service of am app u have bought they will send you thr link and change the pin on your account to the new device.
    Posted via mobile device

Lobi Hand? Did you mean mobihand? Do you email the customer service for blackberry app world or each individual company that produced the app?

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    In mobihand I entered my new pin and it generated new activation keys. I think they let you do that once.
    Posted via mobile device

RobinM is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow RobinM On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9520
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ahart019 View Post

First the Appz

I tried this with BBSAK as well, only I wasn't changing the device, just re-installing a new OS. I still got 'the not compatible' warning. If you can be bothered at this stage you have to use DM to install the COD files 1 by 1.

You will find them all in the BBSAK install directory in a directory called 'backup'

However, for anyone else that is wanting to backup their 3rd party appz, here is a fail safe way of doing it when you only have the old handset present initially.

1. In DM, go into Device switch Wizard --> Start, and select the phone with the appz.
    2. On the next screen look over to the right an untick everything apart from 3rd party appz
    3. Click next
    4. When the box comes up asking to select the new device DON'T CANCEL.
    5. In windows, open up Search, and search for a folder that is named the same name as your phones PIN (ensure that it checks 'hidden files & folders' as well)
    6. It should bring back a folder - copy this to your desktop.
    7. Shut down DM

This folder has all your 3rd party appz in it.

To restore them, go into DM, select Application Loader, Add/remove, browse.
    Now in the browse window, go into the folder with your PIN's name and there will be a single .alx file, open it.

Now you will see all your 3rd party appz added to the list of available appz. Click next and you are off restoring them all again.

SD Transfer

Simplest thing to do is just go into the S1 SD card and copy the entire Blackberry folder to your PC and then copy it back over to your S2 SD.

I hope this helps and isn't too garbled... I should of been in bed hours ago!!!
    Last edited by RobinM; 11-16-2009 at 10:50 PM.
    Storm 9520 v5.0.0.973 :hail:http://ewites.com/ubbthreads/images/...efault/nwl.gif
    Ya canny beat a good leak! :fing02:

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Sorry still working on my mobile skillz lol. Yes mobihand and like rellims said log in and then go under support. You can then change your pin number and it will update your activation codes. Appworld auto does that once u log into your paypal acct. All others you would have to email the support for that app.
    Posted via mobile device