Listening to Music with Bluetooth... gone?

Thread: Listening to Music with Bluetooth... gone?

Corey Darling is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal .419/.607 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times

Listening to Music with Bluetooth... gone?

Hi,

I've brought this up before. I was hoping someone had a solution?

The problem is associated with any OS/Hybrid based on .323 and up.

I was hoping someone with a bluetooth headset could confirm this issue for me with any of the .323/.328 hybrids or straight OS. I don't know if its my Jabra JX10 headset or not... I don't think it is.

On my phone, in media player with .323 and up, the option is available to "Active Bluetooth"... but once I do, and connect my jabra headset, the option needed to actually send the audio to the headset never shows up ( "Activate Jabra JX10).

Lyricidal's .230/.238/.323 hybrid still works fine, id assume because it uses the older .sfi file.

I upgraded to Lyricidal's .323/.344 hybrid last night, and today, BBCM's V10, and as I expected, have again lost the bluetooth capability in media player on both hybrids.

So If someone could quickly see if audio can indeed be sent to their headset, that would be great.

I've tried replacing the bluetooth.cod in the java folder with one from .238, but it didn't change anything.

Thanks

Corey

Last edited by Corey Darling; 11-15-2009 at 05:01 PM.

808Storming is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric 5.0.0.419 w/ 4
    Liked
    0 times
    I didn't know a non-stereo bluetooth headset like the Jabra JX10 could get music or audio from a video. I cannot listen to music or the audio from a movie on my Jawbone Prime, even with prior OS's. Which is why I also have a LG HBS-110 stereo bluetooth headset to listen to music and watch videos.

If your Jabra was getting music before, I'm not sure I understand your question. When I play a song on my phone and then hit the BB key, I can select "Activate Handset" or "Activate LG HBS-110" but I don't see a "Activate Bluetooth". So it's possible that your Jabra is not recognized as a viable bluetooth device to connect to for the music. Maybe someone else who also owns a Jabra JX10 or similar headset, or any other non-stereo bluetooth headset who can listen to music through their headset can help you on this.

FYI the music function worked fine for me on my LG HBS-110 with straight 5.0.0.328 and also currently with BBC's V10.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, thanks for the help

When I play a song on my phone and then hit the BB key, I can select "Activate Handset" or "Activate LG HBS-110" but I don't see a "Activate Bluetooth".
    The "Active Bluetooth" only comes up before bluetooth is on and a headset is connected. If a headset is already connected, it should go straight to "Activate-Whatever headset you got".

It sounds like yours works fine on .328 with your LG stereo headset.

Maybe it is a headset issue.. but its odd because my Jabra does work with .230 base hybrids. Multiple battery pulls doesn't seem to help.

The problem still persists with .323/8 hybrids even after Full device wipes and reinstalls...

Could this have something to do with a bad Bluetooth setting on my phone thats stubbern enough to survive multiple OS installs, yet suddenly starts to work again if going back to .230?

Thanks again. Maybe someone knows of a specific setting or file I can play with to get this working? Unfortunately i dont have another headset to try.

Corey

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Did you do a restore of one of your backups when you have this problem?
    Posted via mobile device
    Last edited by jnepsa; 11-18-2009 at 05:23 AM.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

I've found this problem occurs whether I reinstall a backup or not, after a fresh OS install of .323+

Thx

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric 5.0.0.419 w/ 4
    Liked
    0 times
    Is my Jawbone Prime not working right? Am I supposed to be able to listen to music and hear the audio when watching videos on my 9530 using the headset? Or do I need to do something on my phone to allow me to hear music and movie audio? I know it won't be in stereo, but I'm curious because I didn't think most mono bluetooth headsets could do both voice and music. Thanks!

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I've owned two headsets (this jabra and an old motorola a few years back) and both have been able to play music (jabra via blackberry .230, and motorola via my laptop and media player).

Now, there is a slight glitch with listening to music on .230 (although its better than nothing)... in order for me to get that "Active Jabra" option to appear, i need to shuffle to the next song in an album after playing the first... kinda weird.. but it works.

But like I mentioned, it doesnt work at all in .323+ , no matter what weird button combo i try lol

Edit: as for Movie audio... ive never tried it, so i dont know if it works or not (in .230 or .323).

Edit2: I've only got the one demo movie loaded right now, so If the glitch is the same as the music player, I need a second movie clip to shuffle to in order to activate the option... otherwise, it works fine in music player (i went back to .230/.323 hybrid last night until this get fixed)

I'll find a small video to load up and see if i can get movie bluetooth audio to work with my mono headset.

EDIT3: Mono Bluetooth in Video Player works on .230 hybrid. (After the Shuffle button is pushed) so I need a minimum of 2 videos to get it to work (just like the music payer).
    Last edited by Corey Darling; 11-17-2009 at 09:20 PM.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric 5.0.0.419 w/ 4
    Liked
    0 times
    So either my Jawbone does not play music (it seems from their website that this might be the case), or it may be broken and I will have to get it replaced.

But I'm glad to hear you can get your headset to play music, but sorry to hear you can't get it to play on OS's above .230.

Hopefully, someone will work a fix for you with a new hybrid, or it will work again in the next OS that is released/leaked.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Maybe yours would work as well on .230?

Kinda a lot of work just to test it out, i know...

I just wanted to check, your Stereo bluetooth headset does work fine on .323+?

Thanks for the help every one

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric 5.0.0.419 w/ 4
    Liked
    0 times
    yes, it works fine with both music and videos, and answering calls. but of course, voice dialing with bluetooth does not work in .328 or v10. if someone could fix this, i would be really happy.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh, guess that narrows the issue down a bit. I guess my headset just wont work with .323

Thanks again everyone for the help on this one Really appreciate it

Corey

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 808Storming View Post
    Is my Jawbone Prime not working right? Am I supposed to be able to listen to music and hear the audio when watching videos on my 9530 using the headset? Or do I need to do something on my phone to allow me to hear music and movie audio? I know it won't be in stereo, but I'm curious because I didn't think most mono bluetooth headsets could do both voice and music. Thanks!
    The only thing I can 100% confirm with the prime is that I can listen to slacker on it. or at least I could.. I havent tried for a while. I will try again later today but with the prime it should play music. I believe the website says A2DP

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric 5.0.0.419 w/ 4
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, jn.

Actually, according to the Jawbone site, Jawbone does not support the A2DP Bluetooth profile. The site says if the mobile phone transmits audio through the voice channel (SCO), you may be able to establish a Bluetooth connection between the Jawbone and the mobile phone and play an audio file. So I'm guessing slacker (which I don't use) is putting out a mono audio through the voice channel.

But I really wouldn't choose to listen to music or the audio of a movie file using my Jawbone anyway since I have a stereo bluetooth headset. Although its got the dongle and wires, I can't see giving up the stereo sound that make listening to music and watching movies on my phone worthwhile.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 808Storming View Post
    Thanks, jn.

Actually, according to the Jawbone site, Jawbone does not support the A2DP Bluetooth profile. The site says if the mobile phone transmits audio through the voice channel (SCO), you may be able to establish a Bluetooth connection between the Jawbone and the mobile phone and play an audio file. So I'm guessing slacker (which I don't use) is putting out a mono audio through the voice channel.

But I really wouldn't choose to listen to music or the audio of a movie file using my Jawbone anyway since I have a stereo bluetooth headset. Although its got the dongle and wires, I can't see giving up the stereo sound that make listening to music and watching movies on my phone worthwhile.
    really tom I will check this out but I could have sworn it said it did support A2DP