MMS forwarding issues
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: MMS forwarding issues

  1. #1
    vader7071's Avatar
    vader7071 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    PIN
    Ask please
    Device
    9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    429
    Liked
    3 times

    MMS forwarding issues

    I searched the forum and did not find this topic. If I am wrong, i am sorry.

    But when I try to create or forward an MMS text (picture) the pic is there, but it is just a black square. Anyone else having this problem and how do I fix?


    Chris W. "Vader"
    Are you mission critical?
    Old ninja saying.....Nine times down, ten times up!


  2. #2
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    3 times
    What OS are you running? OS' from .90 and up did not work, and alot of user make a hyrbid with the MMS cod file from .86. But it has been reported that you can send a picture that you sent with the phone just fine
    Last edited by Stiefler; 04-14-2009 at 12:42 PM.

  3. #3
    vader7071's Avatar
    vader7071 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    PIN
    Ask please
    Device
    9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    429
    Liked
    3 times
    That may be it. I am using a bastard version of 122 / Hybrid 3.

    So let me ask, which Hybrid OS works best? Obviously if this is a problem, BBC has fixed it...lol
    Chris W. "Vader"
    Are you mission critical?
    Old ninja saying.....Nine times down, ten times up!

  4. #4
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vader7071 View Post
    That may be it. I am using a bastard version of 122 / Hybrid 3.

    So let me ask, which Hybrid OS works best? Obviously if this is a problem, BBC has fixed it...lol
    if you go into the os forum its one of the sticky's at the top its pretty easy but if you need help ton of ppl here too you can msg or pin or just scream lol hope this works let us know

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...over-86-a.html

  5. #5
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    3 times
    I never tested the mms out on BBC's 3.5, i am using the .122/5.0.0.110 build from lyricidal and its working fine

  6. #6
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    If you use Shrink A Os program there is an option on it to fix mms. It works really well

    Or you can use the .86 mms file and that will fix it as well

  7. #7
    vader7071's Avatar
    vader7071 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    PIN
    Ask please
    Device
    9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    429
    Liked
    3 times
    well i am trying the patch now, and I will prob go to the 122/5 build here soon anyway...lol

    Prob ina couple of days.
    Chris W. "Vader"
    Are you mission critical?
    Old ninja saying.....Nine times down, ten times up!

  8. #8
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtenney View Post
    If you use Shrink A Os program there is an option on it to fix mms. It works really well

    Or you can use the .86 mms file and that will fix it as well
    I actually made a file just for the .86 cod file so would not lose it

  9. #9
    Johnny-5's Avatar
    Johnny-5 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Constantly Changing so lost track!?!
    Posts
    400
    Liked
    0 times
    Im running the BBCM V3.5 and been sending, recieving, and forwarding MMS with no issues. Have to say this is the best OS so far. Switch over to that and you should be cool. If not theres a fix for this but I really doubt you will need it.

    Tried the 5.0 Hybrid and had a few issues so I went back and loving it again!

  10. #10
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-5 View Post
    Im running the BBCM V3.5 and been sending, recieving, and forwarding MMS with no issues. Have to say this is the best OS so far. Switch over to that and you should be cool. If not theres a fix for this but I really doubt you will need it.

    Tried the 5.0 Hybrid and had a few issues so I went back and loving it again!
    I have been using MMS like crazy on 5.0 hybrid. But this has been a very nice hybrid for me, think i found the best working one for me...

  11. #11
    Johnny-5's Avatar
    Johnny-5 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Constantly Changing so lost track!?!
    Posts
    400
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    I have been using MMS like crazy on 5.0 hybrid. But this has been a very nice hybrid for me, think i found the best working one for me...
    Interesting....when I was using the 5.0 Hybrid the phone didnt seem to respond as well. Ive noticed that my reception wasnt as good as with the V3.5. Probably just need a little more tweeking and it should be working good. In the mean time I need a phone that works so I went back. But like they state....varies depending on phone!

    Ive also heard some stating that the two werent much of a difference either. So I dont know.

  12. #12
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-5 View Post
    Interesting....when I was using the 5.0 Hybrid the phone didnt seem to respond as well. Ive noticed that my reception wasnt as good as with the V3.5. Probably just need a little more tweeking and it should be working good. In the mean time I need a phone that works so I went back. But like they state....varies depending on phone!

    Ive also heard some stating that the two werent much of a difference either. So I dont know.
    They arent really different, but seems to be nice never-the-less. Also he just updated his post with the 7th version of it last night

  13. #13
    Johnny-5's Avatar
    Johnny-5 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Constantly Changing so lost track!?!
    Posts
    400
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    They arent really different, but seems to be nice never-the-less. Also he just updated his post with the 7th version of it last night

    What the hell!! lol Damn were up to the 7th Version?!? Ok that I didnt know. May be worth trying it again later this week when I have more free time!

  14. #14
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    3 times
    I would give it a shot, ive used every version lol and its been fun to help people with it instead of trying and not knowing

  15. #15
    vader7071's Avatar
    vader7071 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    PIN
    Ask please
    Device
    9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    429
    Liked
    3 times
    lol..ok, it seems that tomorrow it is time for an upgrade.
    Chris W. "Vader"
    Are you mission critical?
    Old ninja saying.....Nine times down, ten times up!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •