battery boost and memory clean/boost app?

Thread: battery boost and memory clean/boost app?

curtcrack88 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times

battery boost and memory clean/boost app?

Hey does anybody have any or know of any apps that help out battery life and some memory cleaner/booster...that they recommend?

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by curtcrack88 View Post
    Hey does anybody have any or know of any apps that help out battery life and some memory cleaner/booster...that they recommend?
    I have both battery booster and memory booster installed on my phone. While memory booster does recover memory when you push boost memory, it is usually so little it is hardly worth it IMO. Battery booster IMO does absolutely nothing for improving battery life.

Since downloading .122 both memory and battery life have improved drastically for me. So if that is something you are willing to try then I would recommend that route.

Sooner33 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Ask and I Might Tell
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    .131 + 5.0 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    i agree with BM

neither program really works like people would want it to

just make sure to completly close apps and memory should stay stable
    BOOMER SOONER

Liked
    7 times
    I have an update for you as well. I deleted battery booster this morning and according to meterberry I went from 3-5% drain (using battery booster) to 1-2% without it. So as of right now I would not recommend putting on battery booster (or as I am calling it Battery Vampire) lol.

Also just a side not I have been tracking down a pretty big memory leak over the last few days, and as of right now it looks like quick pull might be the leaker. Since deleting it I have not dropped below 35mb it has been 4 hours, and that is great for me as I have a ton of apps on this phone

bgunckel is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 Hybrid v6
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtenney View Post
    Also just a side not I have been tracking down a pretty big memory leak over the last few days, and as of right now it looks like quick pull might be the leaker. Since deleting it I have not dropped below 35mb it has been 4 hours, and that is great for me as I have a ton of apps on this phone
    Wow, seriously? I never would have guessed QuickPull would be the culprit. Have you tried SoftReset? I'd like to know if you get similar memory results.

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bgunckel View Post
    Wow, seriously? I never would have guessed QuickPull would be the culprit. Have you tried SoftReset? I'd like to know if you get similar memory results.
    Actually what made me delete quickpull is Meterberry reboots the phone and you can schedule it now like quickpull. Plus with Meterberry once it gets to the "reboot now or later" screen it only hangs on that screen for like 2 seconds before rebooting. Which I like since quickpull took awhile to do it.

bgunckel is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 Hybrid v6
    Liked
    0 times
    Meterberry isn't free though, right? I tried SoftReset for a while, but it didn't have a scheduler, which is the reason I went with QuickPull. Maybe they've updated it?

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bgunckel View Post
    Meterberry isn't free though, right? I tried SoftReset for a while, but it didn't have a scheduler, which is the reason I went with QuickPull. Maybe they've updated it?
    No meterberry is not free :grumble:

But since I have Memory OCD with my phone it was a must have app for me

bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtenney View Post
    I have both battery booster and memory booster installed on my phone. While memory booster does recover memory when you push boost memory, it is usually so little it is hardly worth it IMO. Battery booster IMO does absolutely nothing for improving battery life.

Since downloading .122 both memory and battery life have improved drastically for me. So if that is something you are willing to try then I would recommend that route.
    i agree... i have them both they are both useless

jpking is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jpking On Twitter
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been using Memory Eye, & I like it a lot. It's a very light app, around 10KB. You can preset a threshold, & have it warn you when you reach that preset threshold, & it gives you the option to reboot, like quickpull or softreset. (but apparently a lot of people have been having problems with both quickpull & softreset on the storm, & this doesn't). I guess like meterberry (I've never used meterberry) but with out all the logging, therefore it's a much lighter app. I've had no memory leak or battery problems with this app either.