Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Johnny-5 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Constantly Changing so lost track!?!

Blackberry Tethering questions.....

Ok Im about to ditch the $15 monthly fee Verizon charges for it and looking for the best tethering alternative.....Can someone tell me what they use and who has the best known software out there?

Thanks,
    J5

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    I havent tethered my BlackBerry, but i have seen alot of good reviews with TetherBerry. Check it out TetherBerry | The Web Anywhere

Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    I havent tethered my BlackBerry, but i have seen alot of good reviews with TetherBerry. Check it out TetherBerry | The Web Anywhere
    Yea I seen them and was reading up on them. Its a give and take Ive heard goods and bad but mostly good. Just want to see what other peoples takes are on this.

Ive also heard pdanet, and mobishark is also good but I dont know.

r8trfan is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm
    pdanet does not work on the blackberry. It is a great product that I used with my treo. I didn't like mobishark. Tetherberry works alot better than mobi.

Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by r8trfan View Post
    pdanet does not work on the blackberry. It is a great product that I used with my treo. I didn't like mobishark. Tetherberry works alot better than mobi.
    Interesting you say that....i was on the CB site and it seems more people are going towards pdanet rather than Tetherberry. Only problem I read was that for some running the trial version it wiped there phones but it seems its about 1 out of every 30 people give and take. But other than that they say its about the same if not quicker. Layout (tray) is more professionally done than TB. hmmmm

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Tetherberry is amazing!! I use it all the time! Its 59.99 and its WELL WORTH IT. I would recommend buying it!!

gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    Tetherberry is amazing!! I use it all the time! Its 59.99 and its WELL WORTH IT. I would recommend buying it!!
    Have to agree, I have had Teatherberry since it was in beta, never had a problem, pretty quick and as long as you dont use it to download os updates daily (ha) i dont think you should have a problem with your service provider. Make sure your service provider is truly unlimited as most of them will shut you down if they see you going near 5gb on a monthly basis. Even though they say their service is unlimited it really isnt, at least thats what i have found out with Verizon. But i only use it if i have to when free wireless isnt available. It's great for occasional use but i dont think you will get away with tethering on a regular basis.... IMO

gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    By the way how much do you use it and have you had any problems with going over 5gb??????

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast