New vmail 0 urg 0 fax???

Thread: New vmail 0 urg 0 fax???

rufunky is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Liked
    0 times

Question New vmail 0 urg 0 fax???

When someone leaves a voicemail on my phone I get an SMS txt saying

1 New vmail 0 urg 0 fax *86

This is my first Blackberry so I am not sure if thsi is part of the phone, verizon, or the youmail app I had installed and recently uninstalled..

I do not have free txt so if this is not being sent by verizon I am paying for it and would like it to stop.

Any help or info on the matter is greatly appreciated!

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    3 times
    Did you create an account with youmail giving them your number for alerts on new voicemails?

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Did you create an account with youmail giving them your number for alerts on new voicemails?
    Yes I did, then I turned them off in the setting on the youmail.. I canceled my account a few days ago and I am still getting these text messages.

Any ideas?

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    3 times
    Hmm, contact youmail and let them know of your issue and see if they can resolve it

Liked
    0 times
    What a pain in the @ss .. Well I just emailed them ..Hopefully they get back to me.. In the mean time I guess I pay for all these texts ..

gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Liked
    0 times
    I have youmail and have my missed call voice messages setup to go to e-mail not text. So when i get a voicemail it sends me an email then i can click on the e-mail open it in the browser listen to it and delete it without using any of my minutes. kinda a nice feature of youmail

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    187 times
    Some of these apps require you to sign in online first and get a user name and what not.

With that in mind, you may be able to manage your account settings from the web page, try that.

I had a weather app that i would uninstall and it would be there the next time i restarted the phone. I needed to go to the web page to tell them that i was done with it.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

jpking is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jpking On Twitter
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rufunky View Post
    When someone leaves a voicemail on my phone I get an SMS txt saying

1 New vmail 0 urg 0 fax *86

This is my first Blackberry so I am not sure if thsi is part of the phone, verizon, or the youmail app I had installed and recently uninstalled..

I do not have free txt so if this is not being sent by verizon I am paying for it and would like it to stop.

Any help or info on the matter is greatly appreciated!
    I'm pretty sure it's a Verizon thing. I get the same text each time I get a new voicemail, & I have never had any other voicemail apps at all. I was thinking of figuring out how to make it stop because it's kind of annoying, but never really looked into it too much.

troublz is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    3068706E
    Device
    9530 (Storm)
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Guys...this is definitely Verizon Wireless. If you use their voicemail, you will get these notifications with no way to turn them off. It is a Free TXT and doesn't count towards your total. Annoying I always found.

I've switched to youmail myself but did get one of these notifications one day and was surprised since the forwarding to youmail worked without a hitch. I figured out that if another Verizon subscriber leaves me a voicemail THRU their own Verizon Voicemail that it's technically going into my Verizon vmail box. I never new anyone to actually use that feature in voicemail but then again it was my Verizon rep!

BTW...I'm sure someone who develops a way to block these TXTs if you still do use regular Verizon voicemail there would be people who'd appreciate it.

statustray is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Verizon 9530 (S
    OS
    5.0.0.484 (Platform
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jpking View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's a Verizon thing. I get the same text each time I get a new voicemail, & I have never had any other voicemail apps at all. I was thinking of figuring out how to make it stop because it's kind of annoying, but never really looked into it too much.
    I agree with you jpking,

It's not a YouMail issue, but rather a Verizon issue. YouMail doesn't send that type of message. Contact Verizon to have them delete the messages, or switch your call forwarding back to Verizon's settings, and delete your messages yourself, and then re-activate your call forwarding to YouMail. I had the same issue with Verizon, and they fixed me up in about 5 minutes.

Device
    Verizon 9530 (S
    OS
    5.0.0.484 (Platform
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by troublz View Post
    Hi Guys...this is definitely Verizon Wireless. If you use their voicemail, you will get these notifications with no way to turn them off. It is a Free TXT and doesn't count towards your total. Annoying I always found.

I've switched to youmail myself but did get one of these notifications one day and was surprised since the forwarding to youmail worked without a hitch. I figured out that if another Verizon subscriber leaves me a voicemail THRU their own Verizon Voicemail that it's technically going into my Verizon vmail box. I never new anyone to actually use that feature in voicemail but then again it was my Verizon rep!

BTW...I'm sure someone who develops a way to block these TXTs if you still do use regular Verizon voicemail there would be people who'd appreciate it.
    Wow, troublz... we both replied within seconds of one another... hehehehe.... That's a good point you made too about Verizon to Verizon messaging with vmail.... . ;-)

Liked
    0 times
    Ok, good to hear.. Maybe I will give youmail another shot. Thanks so much for clearing that up. Everyone here seems to like it? Any downsides I should be aware of??

Device
    Verizon 9530 (S
    OS
    5.0.0.484 (Platform
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, good to hear.. Maybe I will give youmail another shot. Thanks so much for clearing that up. Everyone here seems to like it? Any downsides I should be aware of??
    Me, I really like YouMail because:

1. You can have custom greetings for each of your contacts if you want.
    2. You can have specific callers (based upon phone numbers) not be able to leave a vmail message, give them a "line is no longer in service" greeting, and just about any greeting you want.

One downside to YouMail, but it's not YouMail's fault is that the call is "forwarded" and unlike regular voice mail, when a caller leaves you a message, that message does not use any of your minutes- YouMail uses minutes because it is a forwarded call, while the only time your regular voice mail uses minutes is if you call your voice mail from you phone to check.

My workaround for YouMail forwarded calls (which use minutes) was to add YouMail's number to my "Family and Friends". Now for me it doesn't use any minutes whenever a caller leaves me a voice mail, nor when I check my voice mail. - Special note - I am with Verizon Wireless.

Hope this helps,
    Statustray

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks statustray!

I'm glad I asked because of the call forwarded I will be holding off...I only have the 450min individual plan so I do not have a fav 5 as of now.

Besides that youmail does sound like it has some great features! I'll tell you, that "line is no longer in service" would have come in handy a few times!

Device
    Verizon 9530 (S
    OS
    5.0.0.484 (Platform
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks statustray!

I'm glad I asked because of the call forwarded I will be holding off...I only have the 450min individual plan so I do not have a fav 5 as of now.

Besides that youmail does sound like it has some great features! I'll tell you, that "line is no longer in service" would have come in handy a few times!
    Hello again rufunky,

Yup, that comes in very handy for me!! ;-)

Regards,
    Statustray