Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question New vmail 0 urg 0 fax???

When someone leaves a voicemail on my phone I get an SMS txt saying

1 New vmail 0 urg 0 fax *86

This is my first Blackberry so I am not sure if thsi is part of the phone, verizon, or the youmail app I had installed and recently uninstalled..

I do not have free txt so if this is not being sent by verizon I am paying for it and would like it to stop.

Any help or info on the matter is greatly appreciated!

Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Did you create an account with youmail giving them your number for alerts on new voicemails?

Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Did you create an account with youmail giving them your number for alerts on new voicemails?
    Yes I did, then I turned them off in the setting on the youmail.. I canceled my account a few days ago and I am still getting these text messages.

Any ideas?

Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Hmm, contact youmail and let them know of your issue and see if they can resolve it

What a pain in the @ss .. Well I just emailed them ..Hopefully they get back to me.. In the mean time I guess I pay for all these texts ..

Device
    9530/Droid
    I have youmail and have my missed call voice messages setup to go to e-mail not text. So when i get a voicemail it sends me an email then i can click on the e-mail open it in the browser listen to it and delete it without using any of my minutes. kinda a nice feature of youmail

Some of these apps require you to sign in online first and get a user name and what not.

With that in mind, you may be able to manage your account settings from the web page, try that.

I had a weather app that i would uninstall and it would be there the next time i restarted the phone. I needed to go to the web page to tell them that i was done with it.

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by rufunky View Post
    When someone leaves a voicemail on my phone I get an SMS txt saying

1 New vmail 0 urg 0 fax *86

This is my first Blackberry so I am not sure if thsi is part of the phone, verizon, or the youmail app I had installed and recently uninstalled..

I do not have free txt so if this is not being sent by verizon I am paying for it and would like it to stop.

Any help or info on the matter is greatly appreciated!
    I'm pretty sure it's a Verizon thing. I get the same text each time I get a new voicemail, & I have never had any other voicemail apps at all. I was thinking of figuring out how to make it stop because it's kind of annoying, but never really looked into it too much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast