k taco
    Device
    9530 vzw
    OS
    check back daily
    Liked
    0 times

ZIP files

has the 9530 always been able to handle zip files? i compressed, zipped, and emailed myself 3 photos to see what i need to do with BBfilescout to unzip and save photos. when i opened attachment photos were unzipped without using BBfilescout. has this always been the case?

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djh074 View Post
    has the 9530 always been able to handle zip files? i compressed, zipped, and emailed myself 3 photos to see what i need to do with BBfilescout to unzip and save photos. when i opened attachment photos were unzipped without using BBfilescout. has this always been the case?
    Hm, I don't know. I always thought that the storm could not unzip zip files. I'll have to try this myself. If it works, Nice find

djh074 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    k taco
    Device
    9530 vzw
    OS
    check back daily
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    Hm, I don't know. I always thought that the storm could not unzip zip files. I'll have to try this myself. If it works, Nice find
    thats what i thought too. i do have BBfilescout installed, never tried zip/unzip though. unless it atomatically opens/unzips/closes all in the background, i didnt use it. test it out. lets see...

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    thats what i thought too. i do have BBfilescout installed, never tried zip/unzip though. unless it atomatically opens/unzips/closes all in the background, i didnt use it. test it out. lets see...
    No the Storm cannot handle zip files. There is a program called File Manager (I think that is what is called, will double check) that will allow you to unzip files. It always to zip large files on your Storm and send them as a zip file. I have to go out for a few hours but if no one addresses this for you will look for the file when I get back.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Found the link: Terra Mobility - Downloads

I think there is a free trial period for this app. give it a shot and see what you think. I tried it out and liked it a lot. Didn't pay for it since I rarely get zipped files sent to me. You will need to have Docs to Go for it to work. Hope this helps.

PIN
    k taco
    Device
    9530 vzw
    OS
    check back daily
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Found the link: Terra Mobility - Downloads

I think there is a free trial period for this app. give it a shot and see what you think. I tried it out and liked it a lot. Didn't pay for it since I rarely get zipped files sent to me. You will need to have Docs to Go for it to work. Hope this helps.
    no. what i'm saying is, it does work. i did it earlier. check out OP

PIN
    k taco
    Device
    9530 vzw
    OS
    check back daily
    Liked
    0 times
    just tried this again. selected 3 photos on pc, compressed/zipped/emailed them to my storm. recieved email with zip attachment. clicked BB button, clicked open attachment and voila......3 photos

PIN
    k taco
    Device
    9530 vzw
    OS
    check back daily
    Liked
    0 times
    ok. i uninstalled BBfilescout, thought it might have integrated with the bb menus allowing me to unzip. even with BBfilescout uninstalled i can still unzip through the bb menus. can somebody else try this out? maybe this is one of the 5.0 components!?!? i'm running the 5.0 hybrid with 90radio