jonnydunski is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    304B2735
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Question Setting up Storm 9530 with ACS alaska

I got my 9530 on ebay and it is an unlocked VZW phone and acs runs on CDMA/EVDO. I have it all hooked up except DATA. calls and txt work but no data. i was directed to BBSAK to wipe the phone because ACS told me that if the VZW software was off the phone then they could possibly flash the phone. for some reason they cant get my PIN # on their system. any one have any ideas?! I googled this and i did everything that another guy did and said he is up and running. i havent had such luck. is it possible to remove just the VZW software so ACS can flash my device? ACS does not cell Storms they only sell curve 8330, curve world edition and pearl blackberrys. someone please help!!!! any input would be greatly appreciated!! thank you!

sunkast Guest
    Welcome to ! I don't know but I will ask around.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydunski View Post
    I got my 9530 on ebay and it is an unlocked VZW phone and acs runs on CDMA/EVDO. I have it all hooked up except DATA. calls and txt work but no data. i was directed to BBSAK to wipe the phone because ACS told me that if the VZW software was off the phone then they could possibly flash the phone. for some reason they cant get my PIN # on their system. any one have any ideas?! I googled this and i did everything that another guy did and said he is up and running. i havent had such luck. is it possible to remove just the VZW software so ACS can flash my device? ACS does not cell Storms they only sell curve 8330, curve world edition and pearl blackberrys. someone please help!!!! any input would be greatly appreciated!! thank you!
    Did you go into a VZW store. They have equipment at some stores that will allow it to be flashed and this should help resolve your problem.

PIN
    304B2735
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    thanx! and no there arent any verizon stores up here in alaska or anchorage anyways. i just got a call from ACS and they said that when they try to put my PIN in to the system that it says "this PIN is already registered with another carrier" it must be VZW since its a used VZW phone. is it possible to get this pin released from VZW?

sunkast Guest
    thanx! and no there arent any verizon stores up here in alaska or anchorage anyways. i just got a call from ACS and they said that when they try to put my PIN in to the system that it says "this PIN is already registered with another carrier" it must be VZW since its a used VZW phone. is it possible to get this pin released from VZW?
    Yes. You can try calling and having VZW release the PIN. But more than likely, you will need the previous owner to call VZW and ask for the PIN to be released.

PIN
    304B2735
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Question PIN # relased?!

i called VZW and they will not release the PIN# to me. i contacted the person i bought it from (which happens to be an EBay store) and im waiting for a response. any other info anyone?!

sunkast Guest
    i called VZW and they will not release the PIN# to me. i contacted the person i bought it from (which happens to be an EBay store) and im waiting for a response. any other info anyone?!
    Unfortunately, there is no other way.

PIN
    304B2735
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    well shoot!!! i wish there was a VZW tech that could help me out!!!

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    well shoot!!! i wish there was a VZW tech that could help me out!!!
    It's actually a security issue (to release the PIN) and wouldn't be something that VZW would directly handle. Anything dealing with the PIN needs to be escalated to RIM; but if VZW decides the call needs to be escalated there is no charge (calling RIM is usually an expensive proposition). The eBay seller will need to contact VZW, who will then connect him/her to RIM (usually via a 3-way call). Once this happens, the PIN will be able to be activated.

Again, the PIN isn't controlled by VZW, it's controlled by RIM. So even if a VZW tech were willing to risk their job and do it for you directly, there's no way they actually could. The person at RIM is still going to need to speak with the person the PIN is currently registered to.
    Last edited by Dave12308; 11-09-2009 at 11:02 PM.