Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

barryweiser is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaberry View Post
    Stoptilt does this for me!
    A cheaper alternative is Locktilt (99 cents). I have been using this and it works fine. If you want it to persist through battery pulls, go with Stoptilt. Fortunately, I haven't had to do many battery pulls since upgrading to .328!

Barry

shaydlife is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    I think I'm also on the ropes now about the Storm 2 and the Droid. The more that I look at videos and compare the two, the more that I feel that the Storm falls quite short of a (smart) phone...the Droid can tell what accessories it's connected to which in turn launches certain apps. Guys with the orientation issues, both of you can use quicklaunch to do this.

My 2 cents.

kara is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow kara On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    There is a free one too that I used before getting StopTilt...Orientation Lock I think? It's been so long that I'm not sure if it works with the new OS. It also didn't hold settings through a reset which is why I went to StopTilt.

5.0.0.328 manages memory so well now that I don't have to do daily reboots, so I suppose other options would be sufficient. Definitely check out Quick Launch like smcoldbb suggested...it does fricken everything and has this function built in.

kara is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow kara On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Oh and re: the thrill being gone, I will admit the Droid stuff looks pretty sweet, but I'm way too much of a BB diehard to switch completely. 5.0.0.328 has definitely renewed my love for my Storm...running so rock solid and fast now!

I hear what you're sayin' though. Seeing the Droid vids gives me the gadget fuzzies, but....

iDon't have BlackBerry Messenger

so no Droid for me We need some BerryDroid hybridized OS action imo.

MajikUF is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm 9530 Unlocked
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by kara View Post
    Oh and re: the thrill being gone, I will admit the Droid stuff looks pretty sweet, but I'm way too much of a BB diehard to switch completely. 5.0.0.328 has definitely renewed my love for my Storm...running so rock solid and fast now!

I hear what you're sayin' though. Seeing the Droid vids gives me the gadget fuzzies, but....

iDont know if I want to stick with my storm now that the droid is out. We'll see what happens when VZW gives the option out for the S1 people. I'm just not sure I want a keyboard, I like my touch screen everything. I don't think I'd miss BBM that much, everyone has AIM or YIM and they all work on Droid.

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by kara View Post

I was sort of sticking to your line of thinking until about an hour ago, when I actually got to play with a Droid (actually, 3 hours ago; I spent 2 solid hours playing with the device)

Comparing BB OS (even 5.0.0.328) to Android 2.0 is sort of like comparing Windows 3.11 to Windows 7

I will be purchasing the Droid next Friday (payday) at full retail. I would have purchased today, but even with throwing $250 of the device cost onto my bill; I still didn't QUITE have the cash to cover the remaining $320 or so.

I think I will be over my BBM withdrawl relatively quickly.

HarlyFan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    I was sort of sticking to your line of thinking until about an hour ago, when I actually got to play with a Droid (actually, 3 hours ago; I spent 2 solid hours playing with the device)

Comparing BB OS (even 5.0.0.328) to Android 2.0 is sort of like comparing Windows 3.11 to Windows 7

I will be purchasing the Droid next Friday (payday) at full retail. I would have purchased today, but even with throwing $250 of the device cost onto my bill; I still didn't QUITE have the cash to cover the remaining $320 or so.

I think I will be over my BBM withdrawl relatively quickly.
    Keep us posted on your thoughts once you get the droid, I've been thinking about it also. Not sure about the keyboard on the Droid but they showed me a version that does not have one that looked a little sleeker and not as heavy. Dont know what to do.

Goldwinger is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30f79184
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The One That Works!!

Human Nature Stikes Again

It is so funny to see all of you lamenting over having a good working phone and no upgrade needed or if you do upgrade, will I be impressed with the changes.

That is so "Human Nature" that it's almost not funny. We have longed for a Storm that would work with the OS and give us a stable phone and now that we have that times two (S1 & S2), we bitch about it.:Eyecrazy:

This is true addiction, but not to the phone, rather to the process. Jumping to the Droid is not for the reason you don't like your phone, you want something else to fill up your time. Instead of constantly looking for upgrades, leaks or fixes for your phone, which have all been fixed like we wanted right, the Storm offers no more challenges, it's fixed, it works, so now what do I do?:crazy:

Does any of this sound familiar or is it hitting a nerve? Thought so, you wouldn't admit it anyway. :no:

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand, my insight comes from experience, not observance, however, I've had my WinMo days and I kinda like not having to constantly fix my phone or looking for that next piece that will make it all work. Now I have time to go for a ride up into the mountains with the wife. The Wing calls and it's a Siren's call, so I must go and ride, and I ride with a working phone that doesn't need fixing. I'll bitch about that later, now, I just ride.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast