Duplicate pictures in pictures folder

Thread: Duplicate pictures in pictures folder

dandiele is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times

Duplicate pictures in pictures folder

Has anyone else noticed this? On my media card i have duplicate photos and duplicate videos. I deleted the duplicate videos in the folder and LOST all the videos in the folder for some reason. they dont show up in explorer or on the phone. All of my photos i have taken also have duplicates in the picture folder. this is really pissing me off. i dont kow if its a bug in the new os or how it handles media cards or something but im not about to delete the duplicate photos to find out there gone for ever. Oh yea since i deleted the dups from the media card it deletes them forever and doesnt put them in recycle bin. oh how nice.

Bxrider117 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    I noticed the same thing. I also deleted the duplicate photos and videos and lost some of the files. I stopped it in the middle of deletion. I do not know what has caused it.

Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    its so frustrating i have never really looked at the photos from my phone on my pc and wanted to today and now i notice this problem. also windows or picasa both have trouble importing photos from the phone. this is BS RIM.

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

If these video's and pictures are connected to bbm. I have a solution I noticed a setting in bbm directing you where you would like to save your media. If you turn that off the media stops saving.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    nope huh actually those are in a folder from the bbm group and there are no duplicates in that folder. just the pictures folder. the pictures ive taken on my phone are all duplicate and a few i saved from facebook. even the videos i put on there by dragging and dropping some how got duplicated. videos had been there a while. i honestly think its a problem with the phone. if i browse the files on the phone i see no duplicates but when i browse them on my pc it shows the duplicates....if i delete the duplicates it deletes everything......Im very confused and upset about this because when i try to import the photos it causes all kinds of trouble. One odd thing is that in windows it shows the duplicate jpg's with no file name modification when i view them by accesing the media card. but if i transfer them to HDD it renames them to reflect the duplicates.....somehow the phone ignores the dups but relies on them at the same time......

DeRose is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times

Delete Duplicate images

I think u should use a software to delete duplicate images and videos, i use duplicate finder 2009 for such aim.

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dandiele View Post
    Has anyone else noticed this? On my media card i have duplicate photos and duplicate videos. I deleted the duplicate videos in the folder and LOST all the videos in the folder for some reason. they dont show up in explorer or on the phone. All of my photos i have taken also have duplicates in the picture folder. this is really pissing me off. i dont kow if its a bug in the new os or how it handles media cards or something but im not about to delete the duplicate photos to find out there gone for ever. Oh yea since i deleted the dups from the media card it deletes them forever and doesnt put them in recycle bin. oh how nice.
    Did you notice the duplicates on your desktop or on the blackberry itself. If you noticed it on the desktop I believe its a flaw in the DM. I've noticed the same thing ever since I downloaded the DM "patch" fro RIM. The easiest way to see if there are duplicats is to right click your media card while in desktop explorer and look at the properties to see how much memory has been used.

antony09 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times

Duplicate Finder

You can try Duplicate Finder. It will help you find duplicate images (photos, pictures).

www duplicate-finder-download com