VERSION 2! *Official BBOS 95xx theme* - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 254

Thread: VERSION 2! *Official BBOS 95xx theme*

  1. #161
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by smarkow
    I have MAJOR memory drain issues with this theme. I start at 30. then within 20-30 minutes i'm down to under 10 and later in the day, at 4-5. only way to get it back up is to reboot. This theme was causing my phone to drain over night, when i wasnt even using the phone!!
    i did like the functionality of the theme. however, im going back to the original theme. i've been using the original for a day now and have not yet been below 29.
    Sorry to hear your having trouble. I'll put on the captain obvious hat here for a minute...but did you reset your device after you loaded it?

    Nate's themes are all pretty good for memory drain I'm surprised to hear your having issues.

    How many themes do you have loaded on at one time? That might be another part of the problem.

    I think its recommended to only run 1 or 2 at a time


    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps


  2. #162
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smarkow View Post
    I have MAJOR memory drain issues with this theme. I start at 30. then within 20-30 minutes i'm down to under 10 and later in the day, at 4-5. only way to get it back up is to reboot. This theme was causing my phone to drain over night, when i wasnt even using the phone!!
    i did like the functionality of the theme. however, im going back to the original theme. i've been using the original for a day now and have not yet been below 29.
    I notice you have posted about your memory problems with other themes as well. I have not had any reports of significant memory drain with this theme. I believe there is something else going on. What apps are you running.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  3. #163
    ordy's Avatar
    ordy is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    PIN
    30713D1E
    Device
    9530
    OS
    Some .328 hybrid
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    0 times
    This may have already been asked, but does this theme work with .151?

  4. #164
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ordy View Post
    This may have already been asked, but does this theme work with .151?
    Sure does! :439:
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  5. #165
    ordy's Avatar
    ordy is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    PIN
    30713D1E
    Device
    9530
    OS
    Some .328 hybrid
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Sure does! :439:

    Thanks Nate, downloading now!

  6. #166
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by ordy
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Sure does! :439:

    Thanks Nate, downloading now!
    Enjoy this ones a gooder :fing02:
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

  7. #167
    P3Designs's Avatar
    P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    753
    Liked
    1 times
    Just Sick, I love your work. I am changing between this one and HeroBerry.

  8. #168
    Goldwinger's Avatar
    Goldwinger is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canton, GA
    PIN
    30f79184
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The One That Works!!
    Posts
    87
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    I notice you have posted about your memory problems with other themes as well. I have not had any reports of significant memory drain with this theme. I believe there is something else going on. What apps are you running.
    Nate, I'd take a closer look at your theme, I love your theme, but did notice a slight drain. Trust me, I didn't want it to be the theme. The way I found it was when I loaded MeterBerry. I started looking at the logs and saw a slow drain pattern. So I started removing apps one at a time to see which one was draining the memory. Mind you my drain was not as drastic as some have reported, but it was there none the less. I would start out just over 40 megs and watch a slow drain down into the teens. Again, it would take awhile. So after removing almost all my apps I became concerned that it was going to be your theme. So I changed themes, drain stopped.

    The good news for me is that the drain is slow. Those who have faster drains my have some other program helping the drain go faster. I'm not sure, but this may just be a part of living with a theme in general, but there is a drain that I don't experience with other themes.

    I'm looking at a combination of programs to see if I can spot a link between the theme and a certain program, but so far nothing yet. The hard part is that the drain is so slow, so results take a while to see.

    Again, I absolutely love the theme, best out there in my opinion and I probably will live with the slow drain because it's that good. If I spot any detailed information that I think can help, I'll post it up. I just wanted to post my findings to help because I'm a fan of your work for sure and didn't want to just say it has a memory drain and leave it at that. I wanted to try and provide some insight on how I arrived at my conclusion. I could be wrong and have been before, but I believe a look wouldn't hurt.

  9. #169
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
    Nate, I'd take a closer look at your theme, I love your theme, but did notice a slight drain. Trust me, I didn't want it to be the theme. The way I found it was when I loaded MeterBerry. I started looking at the logs and saw a slow drain pattern. So I started removing apps one at a time to see which one was draining the memory. Mind you my drain was not as drastic as some have reported, but it was there none the less. I would start out just over 40 megs and watch a slow drain down into the teens. Again, it would take awhile. So after removing almost all my apps I became concerned that it was going to be your theme. So I changed themes, drain stopped.

    The good news for me is that the drain is slow. Those who have faster drains my have some other program helping the drain go faster. I'm not sure, but this may just be a part of living with a theme in general, but there is a drain that I don't experience with other themes.

    I'm looking at a combination of programs to see if I can spot a link between the theme and a certain program, but so far nothing yet. The hard part is that the drain is so slow, so results take a while to see.

    Again, I absolutely love the theme, best out there in my opinion and I probably will live with the slow drain because it's that good. If I spot any detailed information that I think can help, I'll post it up. I just wanted to post my findings to help because I'm a fan of your work for sure and didn't want to just say it has a memory drain and leave it at that. I wanted to try and provide some insight on how I arrived at my conclusion. I could be wrong and have been before, but I believe a look wouldn't hurt.
    All 3rd party themes do have a memory leak. Although 151 seems to be pretty stable now. Maybe it's fixed? I have little to no memory leak right now.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  10. #170
    Goldwinger's Avatar
    Goldwinger is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canton, GA
    PIN
    30f79184
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The One That Works!!
    Posts
    87
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    All 3rd party themes do have a memory leak. Although 151 seems to be pretty stable now. Maybe it's fixed? I have little to no memory leak right now.
    Maybe I'll try BBC v7 to see if I get similar results.

  11. #171
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
    Maybe I'll try BBC v7 to see if I get similar results.
    You will like the new 151 leak. It really seems to shut down the leak in 3rd party themes. I'm running BBAmpd right now and the memory leak is pretty much non existent for me. All phones react differently, so it's hard to tell for sure.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  12. #172
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Love this Theme.....This is my go to guy!!
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  13. #173
    Goldwinger's Avatar
    Goldwinger is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canton, GA
    PIN
    30f79184
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The One That Works!!
    Posts
    87
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    You will like the new 151 leak. It really seems to shut down the leak in 3rd party themes. I'm running BBAmpd right now and the memory leak is pretty much non existent for me. All phones react differently, so it's hard to tell for sure.
    Ok, took your advice and upgraded to .151 and changed back to your theme and I actually gained +.4 of memory, WOW! Booted with the stock theme at 49.1 and by just changing to your theme I gain up to 49.5, so now I've got my eye on the leak.

    I really really like this theme, so I'm hoping you're right and the .151 has fixed the slow leak that was there. The stock theme didn't have it. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ***UPDATE***
    Been running your theme for two hours now and memory holding steady. Looks like .151 has fixed the leak. Now I can't decide between BBPro or BOSv2, great problem to have. Thanks for the hard work and great theme.
    Last edited by Goldwinger; 07-14-2009 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Corrected 3rd person voice, DUH!

  14. #174
    Rednukleus is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    304EA69C
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    113
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    0 times
    This is the only theme I have come across that is worth the slight performance hit that comes with themes. It is the only theme that I feel improves greatly upon the default in terms of visual clarity and looks. I still used the default theme until now.

  15. #175
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rednukleus View Post
    This is the only theme I have come across that is worth the slight performance hit that comes with themes. It is the only theme that I feel improves greatly upon the default in terms of visual clarity and looks. I still used the default theme until now.

    I love this theme but sense i have Moved on to the Tour now i gotta wait for RIM to release plaz for the Tour then wait for Nate to make a BBOS theme for the Tour .

  16. #176
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    I love this theme but sense i have Moved on to the Tour now i gotta wait for RIM to release plaz for the Tour then wait for Nate to make a BBOS theme for the Tour .
    For the record, I will port this theme to the tour almost immediately after the release of a Plazmic update. :fing02:
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  17. #177
    Le0_Br4zuC4's Avatar
    Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    398
    Liked
    0 times
    WOW I like it! Looking great

    Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

  18. #178
    shroutr is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .113
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times

    Browser Icon

    After I installed this theme, my browser icon disappeared. Any idea where it went or how to get it back?

  19. #179
    shroutr is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .113
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shroutr View Post
    After I installed this theme, my browser icon disappeared. Any idea where it went or how to get it back?

    Please disregard. It was an issue with my phone not my theme. Fixed now (advanced options, host routing table, resend). Thanks for this theme it is great.

  20. #180
    Kulaa is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    Wheel
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .151 .186
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Thank you for this theme. Really nice work. You coupd almost say flawless.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •