Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 168 of 254

  1. #161
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by smarkow
    I have MAJOR memory drain issues with this theme. I start at 30. then within 20-30 minutes i'm down to under 10 and later in the day, at 4-5. only way to get it back up is to reboot. This theme was causing my phone to drain over night, when i wasnt even using the phone!!
    i did like the functionality of the theme. however, im going back to the original theme. i've been using the original for a day now and have not yet been below 29.
    Sorry to hear your having trouble. I'll put on the captain obvious hat here for a minute...but did you reset your device after you loaded it?

    Nate's themes are all pretty good for memory drain I'm surprised to hear your having issues.

    How many themes do you have loaded on at one time? That might be another part of the problem.

    I think its recommended to only run 1 or 2 at a time



  2. #162
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by smarkow View Post
    I have MAJOR memory drain issues with this theme. I start at 30. then within 20-30 minutes i'm down to under 10 and later in the day, at 4-5. only way to get it back up is to reboot. This theme was causing my phone to drain over night, when i wasnt even using the phone!!
    i did like the functionality of the theme. however, im going back to the original theme. i've been using the original for a day now and have not yet been below 29.
    I notice you have posted about your memory problems with other themes as well. I have not had any reports of significant memory drain with this theme. I believe there is something else going on. What apps are you running.

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    PIN
    30713D1E
    Device
    9530
    OS
    Some .328 hybrid
    Posts
    40
    This may have already been asked, but does this theme work with .151?



  4. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by ordy View Post
    This may have already been asked, but does this theme work with .151?
    Sure does! :439:

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    PIN
    30713D1E
    Device
    9530
    OS
    Some .328 hybrid
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Sure does! :439:

    Thanks Nate, downloading now!



  6. #166
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by ordy
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Sure does! :439:

    Thanks Nate, downloading now!
    Enjoy this ones a gooder :fing02:

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    753
    Just Sick, I love your work. I am changing between this one and HeroBerry.

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canton, GA
    PIN
    30f79184
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The One That Works!!
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    I notice you have posted about your memory problems with other themes as well. I have not had any reports of significant memory drain with this theme. I believe there is something else going on. What apps are you running.
    Nate, I'd take a closer look at your theme, I love your theme, but did notice a slight drain. Trust me, I didn't want it to be the theme. The way I found it was when I loaded MeterBerry. I started looking at the logs and saw a slow drain pattern. So I started removing apps one at a time to see which one was draining the memory. Mind you my drain was not as drastic as some have reported, but it was there none the less. I would start out just over 40 megs and watch a slow drain down into the teens. Again, it would take awhile. So after removing almost all my apps I became concerned that it was going to be your theme. So I changed themes, drain stopped.

    The good news for me is that the drain is slow. Those who have faster drains my have some other program helping the drain go faster. I'm not sure, but this may just be a part of living with a theme in general, but there is a drain that I don't experience with other themes.

    I'm looking at a combination of programs to see if I can spot a link between the theme and a certain program, but so far nothing yet. The hard part is that the drain is so slow, so results take a while to see.

    Again, I absolutely love the theme, best out there in my opinion and I probably will live with the slow drain because it's that good. If I spot any detailed information that I think can help, I'll post it up. I just wanted to post my findings to help because I'm a fan of your work for sure and didn't want to just say it has a memory drain and leave it at that. I wanted to try and provide some insight on how I arrived at my conclusion. I could be wrong and have been before, but I believe a look wouldn't hurt.

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •