Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Verizon Storm 9530
    OS
    9550 (Storm 2) - 320 Shrunken
    Posts
    227

    Theme Memory usage and Processor Power question

    Does a theme slow down the phone's crispness or take up Ram?



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Marathon14 View Post
    Does a theme slow down the phone's crispness or take up Ram?
    I would say yes to both. Anything you install on your phone takes up space. But, a lot of themes have minimal effects to the speed and have a better user interface, that the loss in speed is outweighed by the more usability of the phone.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Verizon Storm 9530
    OS
    9550 (Storm 2) - 320 Shrunken
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    I would say yes to both. Anything you install on your phone takes up space. But, a lot of themes have minimal effects to the speed and have a better user interface, that the loss in speed is outweighed by the more usability of the phone.
    Thanks Shanepark2. Do you recommend any Light ones that are flexible as well?

    I have tried Blue 2 redberry and fonts are a bit to small for me and crystal clear is just not my style.

    TIA!



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Marathon14 View Post
    Thanks Shanepark2. Do you recommend any Light ones that are flexible as well?

    I have tried Blue 2 redberry and fonts are a bit to small for me and crystal clear is just not my style.

    TIA!
    I've tried quite a few. Right now I have Caligraphy, by Philster9 found HERE
    I also just loaded 2 from one of our BBOS'ers Natemz. Found HERE. They seem very light on the phone and he has 6 different colors to chose.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Verizon Storm 9530
    OS
    9550 (Storm 2) - 320 Shrunken
    Posts
    227
    Thanks,

    Will give them a try!!!



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    The Caligraphy, by Philster9 is a little heavy, but I just like the look.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Posts
    940
    I like the one in my signature. Its Free!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Producer View Post
    I like the one in my signature. Its Free!
    That's the same link as I sent him to...lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.