Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 41 to 48 of 54

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canton, GA
    PIN
    30f79184
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The One That Works!!
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by porkrind View Post
    Just so you know...I'm in Iraq and can't use the storm where I'm at. My storm is in camera/camcorder/alarm clock mode. I saw this theme and bought and loaded it anyway!! Now it is rockin the cooolest camera/camcorder/alarm clock mode EVER!! I'm gonna send a screenshot just so you can see the coolest screenshot EVER!!
    WHOA! Nice to hear from you Airborne! Can't wait to see it. :Eyecrazy:

    You hang in there and hold the line, we got your back. :drillsergeant:

    Goldwinger
    Sicily Drop Zone High School
    Class of 82-87



  2. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by porkrind View Post
    Just so you know...I'm in Iraq and can't use the storm where I'm at. My storm is in camera/camcorder/alarm clock mode. I saw this theme and bought and loaded it anyway!! Now it is rockin the cooolest camera/camcorder/alarm clock mode EVER!! I'm gonna send a screenshot just so you can see the coolest screenshot EVER!!

    Cant believe i missed this post, I've been gone awhile. Well anyhow i hope you are home by now and thank you and the rest of your crew for your service.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canton, GA
    PIN
    30f79184
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The One That Works!!
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by jalaw View Post
    Cant believe i missed this post, I've been gone awhile. Well anyhow i hope you are home by now and thank you and the rest of your crew for your service.
    Good to see you back into the forums jalaw. Any updates coming to this wonderful theme? Any thoughts on making the buttons user definable?
    I saw another theme where this was done and think that is a huge deal for a lot of folks. Being able to assign your own choice to each button would be fantastic and useful.

    Anyway, good to see you back, don't be a stranger.



  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
    Good to see you back into the forums jalaw. Any updates coming to this wonderful theme? Any thoughts on making the buttons user definable?
    I saw another theme where this was done and think that is a huge deal for a lot of folks. Being able to assign your own choice to each button would be fantastic and useful.

    Anyway, good to see you back, don't be a stranger.
    Hahaha... Good to be back.

    It would be good to be able to make the buttons user definable but as far as i know there is no way to do that.

    You say there is a theme that does this??? I would like to know the name of this theme and if you have a screenshot of the home screen buttons please post them here so i can see. I don’t have problem with other theme pic's here if you are trying to show me something.

    Just to clarify, this theme you talk of has buttons and not icons right. There is a difference. If you look at the Transparency Theme (which i have) it says it has customizable buttons but they are really just icons.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canton, GA
    PIN
    30f79184
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The One That Works!!
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by jalaw View Post
    Hahaha... Good to be back.


    Just to clarify, this theme you talk of has buttons and not icons right. There is a difference. If you look at the Transparency Theme (which i have) it says it has customizable buttons but they are really just icons.
    That's the one I was talking about. So they are just small icons that look like buttons? If you don't mind me asking (not being a theme maker or a code guy), what would be the difference? I mean a button I know is a static place holder that always points to the same thing and in the case of Transparency the bottom row is designed to look like buttons (a frame) and the smaller icons fit inside of the frame.

    It would seem that to the user the result is the same. I can guess that the user definable would be a little harder to design because of the different icons used and having to reference the installed applications data (which could cause some issues unless you could figure out a way to test every icon on the market. :Eyecrazy.

    Just asking because I'm curious. I downloaded all the programs to start theme making because I couldn't find a theme that fit me, but you seem to have captured my sense of use in your themes, I've only bought three of them. :laugh2: So no need if I can get what I want, besides, I don't have the time and I'm already only sleeping around 5 hours each night, so I can go there. :no:

    Thanks for the feedback jalaw, it's insightful and fun to have the interaction between the maker and the user.



  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
    That's the one I was talking about. So they are just small icons that look like buttons? If you don't mind me asking (not being a theme maker or a code guy), what would be the difference? I mean a button I know is a static place holder that always points to the same thing and in the case of Transparency the bottom row is designed to look like buttons (a frame) and the smaller icons fit inside of the frame.

    It would seem that to the user the result is the same. I can guess that the user definable would be a little harder to design because of the different icons used and having to reference the installed applications data (which could cause some issues unless you could figure out a way to test every icon on the market. :Eyecrazy.

    Just asking because I'm curious. I downloaded all the programs to start theme making because I couldn't find a theme that fit me, but you seem to have captured my sense of use in your themes, I've only bought three of them. :laugh2: So no need if I can get what I want, besides, I don't have the time and I'm already only sleeping around 5 hours each night, so I can go there. :no:

    Thanks for the feedback jalaw, it's insightful and fun to have the interaction between the maker and the user.
    Lol I sorta figured that was the one you where talking about. I just bought it a few days ago to see if i could figure out what the deal was. Don't get me wrong this is a very nice theme and i mean no disrespect to the Developer in any of my comments.

    As far as i can tell he has made the bottom icons in composer and shrunk them. It still has to read the application file to see what the icons should look like. Hard to explain.

    What i have on my themes are true static buttons. This means i have created the images and imported them into composer and told them what to do when clicked/activated.

    To make my buttons user definable every icon on the app screen of your phone would have too look like the static buttons. So i guess what I’m saying is that those six beautiful buttons:laugh2: on the home screen would also be on the app screen. Every icon would look like that.

    Hahaha... I'm so bad at explaining things. But i hope it sort of make since. Hey if you do make a theme put me first on your list to see it lol.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canton, GA
    PIN
    30f79184
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The One That Works!!
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by jalaw View Post
    Lol I sorta figured that was the one you where talking about. I just bought it a few days ago to see if i could figure out what the deal was. Don't get me wrong this is a very nice theme and i mean no disrespect to the Developer in any of my comments.

    As far as i can tell he has made the bottom icons in composer and shrunk them. It still has to read the application file to see what the icons should look like. Hard to explain.

    What i have on my themes are true static buttons. This means i have created the images and imported them into composer and told them what to do when clicked/activated.

    To make my buttons user definable every icon on the app screen of your phone would have too look like the static buttons. So i guess what I’m saying is that those six beautiful buttons:laugh2: on the home screen would also be on the app screen. Every icon would look like that.

    Hahaha... I'm so bad at explaining things. But i hope it sort of make since. Hey if you do make a theme put me first on your list to see it lol.
    I fully understand about the buttons. We work with an application at work that allows users to design their own access badges and it uses static fields and database fields. Static fields are designed and are always the same and database fields change depending on what's stored in the database record. I kind of envision something sort of like that when dealing with theme design, but hey, it was worth a try. I thought maybe there would be a way to design the button and then have it filled with the program name, sort of like what QL does when you're adding a program to the menu. So that the button is basically a part of the screen design and when an icon is put into the right slot for that button, instead of showing the icon it would show the name of the program. This in itself presents a problem in that the names are all different sizes and how big do you make the button.

    Maybe I will learn to make themes one day, just so I'll know why something can't be done. :Eyecrazy: Been know to do that before, but the only problem is, your theme is so good that I don't need to, but if I do, you're the first to get it (besides me of course).

    Oh, by the way, your theme is the only one I've seen so far that memory actually starts going up instead of down. I started off at around 82megs this morning and I'm up to 82.7megs. Meterberry shows me up .7megs, great stability. I cycle between 3 different themes (just to stave off boredom) and the main one of the three is your theme. I was in the Verizon store the other day getting my account adjusted and the guy behind the counter said he really liked the way the Storm looked with your theme. I told him where to go online and buy it. Does that count toward my commission statement?
    Last edited by Goldwinger; 02-06-2010 at 06:15 PM.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
    I fully understand about the buttons. We work with an application at work that allows users to design their own access badges and it uses static fields and database fields. Static fields are designed and are always the same and database fields change depending on what's stored in the database record. I kind of envision something sort of like that when dealing with theme design, but hey, it was worth a try. I thought maybe there would be a way to design the button and then have it filled with the program name, sort of like what QL does when you're adding a program to the menu. So that the button is basically a part of the screen design and when an icon is put into the right slot for that button, instead of showing the icon it would show the name of the program. This in itself presents a problem in that the names are all different sizes and how big do you make the button.

    Maybe I will learn to make themes one day, just so I'll know why something can't be done. :Eyecrazy: Been know to do that before, but the only problem is, your theme is so good that I don't need to, but if I do, you're the first to get it (besides me of course).

    Oh, by the way, your theme is the only one I've seen so far that memory actually starts going up instead of down. I started off at around 82megs this morning and I'm up to 82.7megs. Meterberry shows me up .7megs, great stability. I cycle between 3 different themes (just to stave off boredom) and the main one of the three is your theme. I was in the Verizon store the other day getting my account adjusted and the guy behind the counter said he really liked the way the Storm looked with your theme. I told him where to go online and buy it. Does that count toward my commission statement?
    Wow that was a very good analogy of how it works (static and database fields). Sounds like you know your sh**. Theme Builder and Composer are very limiting on what you are actually aloud to do. There are loop holes around some things but not others. Or at least no one has found it yet....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •