Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3g Versus Wifi

PIN
    31017C65
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Then what is really the benefit of having wifi on your phone. Yes I suppose if you have a weak signal at home it helps in that regard but other then that what is the point. I picked up my Storm 2 yesterday and the typing is much better then the storm one. It does seem to be faster as it has more memory but is it really worth the extra $200 just to get those things. I have been with blackberry for over 10 years. I think I am going to atleast look at the droid next week. Its a big change going from one to the other but I am not sure I can justify the extra 200 for a phone that is basically the same. Any feedback is welcome.
    Thanks

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Wifi, when connected to a fast server, you will receive faster downloads. I do not think it is much of a benefit because you have to pay an extra fee every month for it to work. Big Red is doing some changes to there programs and I just don't think it is fair or like it. Wifi, should be part of your regular data plan, it should not tack on an extra $10 per month just to use the wifi.

PIN
    31017C65
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    I am on a 6gb uverse connection which has to be faster then 3g and I see no noticeable difference. So unless my phone isnt connected to wifi (wifi logo is white) I am not seeing any benefit in having wifi. Atleast for me!

PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by tsailor1 View Post
    I am on a 6gb uverse connection which has to be faster then 3g and I see no noticeable difference. So unless my phone isnt connected to wifi (wifi logo is white) I am not seeing any benefit in having wifi. Atleast for me!
    some of the benefits of having wifi is that even when you're in a phone call you can receive/send emails, browse the web and bbm, another benefit of wifi is that when you're not allowed to use you mobile network, for example when travelling in an airplane, you can use your wifi to browse the web, send/receive emails .... For some people those are big benefits but for some others not really

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    I think one of the big things that has been overlooked as an advantage to wifi is the fact that if you are in an area that has wifi and are connected, it should give you a much better connection to your streaming apps.. ie pandora slacker iheartradio. Even though you can connect through the mobile network it can be choppy from time to time, especially with iheartradio as it doesnt buffer like pandora and slacker(not as much i should say). but with wifi the connection should be perfect and unbroken.

PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    I think one of the big things that has been overlooked as an advantage to wifi is the fact that if you are in an area that has wifi and are connected, it should give you a much better connection to your streaming apps.. ie pandora slacker iheartradio. Even though you can connect through the mobile network it can be choppy from time to time, especially with iheartradio as it doesnt buffer like pandora and slacker(not as much i should say). but with wifi the connection should be perfect and unbroken.
    :hail: Yeah you're right, I've been using pandora on wifi and its been great! :1244:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12