tbcpn is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm2 9550 / Bold 9650 (VZW)
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Liked
    0 times

S2 Home Screen starts up with 4 rows after battery pull

This isn't a real big deal, but little stuff like this is annoying and sometimes indicative of something else going on. Starting sometime yesterday, my S2 now starts up after a battery pull or restart on the home screen with all four rows of icons showing up, instead of the one row selected in options.

I cannot think of any particular event or software loaded that happened around this time, altho I've been trying a variety of stuff (no theme--don't run any themes, and never have on my S1, Tour, or S2). Running BerryBuzz and StopTilt, plus the 'usual' Google Maps, Docs to Go Premium, and a couple games.

Not finding any settings.

Any thoughts? Could always wipe and reload, of course.

Device
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tbcpn View Post
    This isn't a real big deal, but little stuff like this is annoying and sometimes indicative of something else going on. Starting sometime yesterday, my S2 now starts up after a battery pull or restart on the home screen with all four rows of icons showing up, instead of the one row selected in options.

I cannot think of any particular event or software loaded that happened around this time, altho I've been trying a variety of stuff (no theme--don't run any themes, and never have on my S1, Tour, or S2). Running BerryBuzz and StopTilt, plus the 'usual' Google Maps, Docs to Go Premium, and a couple games.

Not finding any settings.

Any thoughts? Could always wipe and reload, of course.
    Well, wiped and reloaded and still doing this. It is what it is.
    Last edited by tbcpn; 11-01-2009 at 09:12 PM.

apuntsel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt
    OS
    Android
    Liked
    2 times
    Have not heard anyone else having that issue. Could it be a defective S2? Could you get a swap out, PIA to do but will help keep your sanity
    Theme: bDroidX · Apps: Supra eKey, SmrtGuard, MeterBerry, Google Maps, Berry Weather, CaptureIt, BBFileScout, Visual VoiceMail, Mortgage Payment Calculator, BubbleBurst, StormSlots, Hangman

xwera43 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9550 Storm2)

Try removing all 3rd party apps & do a bat pull. If that fixes it, add the apps back one at a time. I "think" an older version of QuickLaunch was causing this for me on my S1 but I'm not having any such issue with my S2. Also, if you shrank your OS try installing without shrinking. Hope this helps.

~X

Device
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by apuntsel View Post
    Have not heard anyone else having that issue. Could it be a defective S2? Could you get a swap out, PIA to do but will help keep your sanity
    Was just about to post--apparently the culprit is StopTilt (latest version purchased the other day). Uninstalled, pulled battery, and all is well.

Now, if QuickLaunch would fix a couple of the bugs related to the Storm2...