Thread: Battery life for Storm2

mluihn is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    Liked
    1 times

Battery life for Storm2

I had my Storm2 for a couple of days and the battery goes down fast. Yesterday I switched the battery out 3 times, last night I had 100% battery after switching battery and this morning I had 30% left. Any thoughts..The only things running are Phone, Youmail, Home screen, Browser, Smart Guard, Messages...
    niddamugu likes this.

oilman is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30FD4F5D
    Device
    Storm 2- 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Mine has been the complete opposite. Very strong battery life so far. The only extra app running in the background is BuzzMe.

Bboyeruga is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bboyeruga On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mluihn View Post
    I had my Storm2 for a couple of days and the battery goes down fast. Yesterday I switched the battery out 3 times, last night I had 100% battery after switching battery and this morning I had 30% left. Any thoughts..The only things running are Phone, Youmail, Home screen, Browser, Smart Guard, Messages...
    This may be that you did not charge it enough. These type of batteries require a strong 16-24 hour charge the first time you plug them in. Most people are so eager to play with the phone they don't do that so don't feel bad if you didn't. Give it a couple days of 16 hour charges and you should be experiencing great battery life on your new storm 2.
    BBThemeDesigns - Themes from BBoyerUGA

Marathon14 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Verizon Storm 9530
    OS
    9550 (Storm 2) - 320 Shrunken
    Liked
    0 times
    Shut off Wi Fi if not in use as well.

cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Liked
    5 times
    Depends on how much time your using the device. Normally when the device is new we tend to constantly toy with it. If the battery life doesnt improve within a week, I would see about a replacement battery from VZ.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    With storm (1st and 2nd) I need to charge it mid day around 3-4pm. I charge it every night but use my phone a lot. I wish it could last me like curve ~2-3 days
    Posted via BlackBerry device

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    My battery life has been very good.. even with me using wifi at home.. mind you when i am done using it i turn the wifi off and then turn it back on when I am going to be on it again. I am fairly impressed with batt life so far.

mluihn is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks guys, I be give it some time and see if it improves.

kermitt4212 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow kermitt4212 On Twitter
    PIN
    3212AFA1
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (Storm 9530)

I should be getting my S2 tomorrow and was wondering if my battery from the S1 will fit the S2?

digdog is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    9650/ Droid X/ Droid Incredible
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah. The batteries are the same.

rexrcr is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    wifi function seems to drain my battery...if I'm not in range of a wireless network, then I turn the wifi off.

Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    My battery is very good on my Storm 2, I use my phone a lot, web, email, phone calls and I have to charge it everyday around 12 - 1pm and I charge it every night as well

Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

jmiller98 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    9550/9530/9630/8330
    OS
    All running 5.0.0.XX
    Liked
    0 times
    My battery life is horrible on the S2. I have all the extras turned off, such as blue tooth, and wifi. deleted all apps that run in the background, and I am only getting 3 hours. I got a new battery from verizon, and still no luck. I get an average of 100 emails per day and talk about 6 hours per day.

I cannot wait till Seidio comes out with a battery cover so I can put my 2600maH from my 9530 in my S2.
    9550 since Oct 28, 2009 5.0.0.xxx :hail: 9530 since March 3, 2009 5.0.0.xxx mfg: 9630 SInce Oct 3, 2009 5.0.0.xxx
    RepliGO, Quick-Pull, Viigo, google maps, Quick Launch, Poynt, BerryWeather, Tether, Scoremobile, Opera, BuddyGuard, FileScout

BBphreak is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BBphreak On Twitter
    PIN
    GED your IP ;)
    Device
    9700/9000
    OS
    >>.421/.411
    Liked
    0 times

Turn the backlight brightness down to 10 in Options>Screen/Keyboard. The backlight on cellphones, laptops etc. is the biggest battery drainer that people don't realize also turn your backlight timeout to 20 seconds or less.

Kerr is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I have been doing some testing with my Storm 2 over the past week or so. Like most people when I have WiFi and 3G enabled my battery does not last the whole day with light use, never mind what happens if I try to use it as normal.

3G seems to be a killer (one of the reasons why I moved to the Storm 2) If you have WiFi on and 3G then don't expect the phone to last the whole day.
    If you have 3G on and WiFi off, it will last but no where near as long as it will if you enable 2G only. I have found that if I use on 2G I can double the length of the battery.

Ideally what I want is in the house to have the phone on 2G with Wifi enabled. Then when I leave the house disable WiFi and enable 3G. I think this would probably be the optimum way of getting best data rates from the phone without compromising too much on the battery.
    The AddOnis application will turn off your WiFi connection when WiFi is lost. Today I asked them if they could expand on that feature and when I leave the house automatically disable WiFi and enable 3G. Would be very cool if they can make the app do the opposite as well, as soon as my home WiFi network is detected, enable Wifi and turn back to 2G.
    Apparently they are currently working on a WiFi tool so lets see if that helps.

Anyone else know of any other apps that might provide this functionality?

I didnt move to Iphone because the battery on that sucks, but I think the Storm 2 is even worse and if I can't find a solution then I may have to move, as much as I love the Storm 2 the battery life is just utter rubbish.

-Kerr

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
    I have been doing some testing with my Storm 2 over the past week or so. Like most people when I have WiFi and 3G enabled my battery does not last the whole day with light use, never mind what happens if I try to use it as normal.

3G seems to be a killer (one of the reasons why I moved to the Storm 2) If you have WiFi on and 3G then don't expect the phone to last the whole day.
    If you have 3G on and WiFi off, it will last but no where near as long as it will if you enable 2G only. I have found that if I use on 2G I can double the length of the battery.

Ideally what I want is in the house to have the phone on 2G with Wifi enabled. Then when I leave the house disable WiFi and enable 3G. I think this would probably be the optimum way of getting best data rates from the phone without compromising too much on the battery.
    The AddOnis application will turn off your WiFi connection when WiFi is lost. Today I asked them if they could expand on that feature and when I leave the house automatically disable WiFi and enable 3G. Would be very cool if they can make the app do the opposite as well, as soon as my home WiFi network is detected, enable Wifi and turn back to 2G.
    Apparently they are currently working on a WiFi tool so lets see if that helps.

Anyone else know of any other apps that might provide this functionality?

I didnt move to Iphone because the battery on that sucks, but I think the Storm 2 is even worse and if I can't find a solution then I may have to move, as much as I love the Storm 2 the battery life is just utter rubbish.

-Kerr
    I am not sure why you are having a problem.. I leave wifi on unless I am not in hotspot... then off. But my battery under heavy usage and listening to iheartradio for roughly 40mins a day. And if I have to charge my phone its only about 10-20 min of a plugin on the car charger and still make it to bed with better than 30%

and are you using a 9520 or 9550?

Kerr is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I am un the UK using a 9520 on Vodafone (5.0.0.306) Not found a new/beta software for it yet.

Over the past 2 days since its the weekend I have only had a few emails. I have made no calls and literally left the phone sitting idling. Over two days I have found that I roughly lose about 20% of the battery every hour.
    And before anyone says it the battery, I am using my old battery from my 8900 which gave me great performance, so I am ruling that out.
    As far as I can see WiFi and 3G kill the battery, 3G is worse, sucks because that one reason why I moved from the 8900.

niddamugu is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Carrier
    GLO Nigeria
    Liked
    0 times
    anybody has any idea on how to resolve this? i have exact issue with my storm 2............

ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by niddamugu View Post
    anybody has any idea on how to resolve this? i have exact issue with my storm 2............
    If you press and hold the BlackBerry icon key, you should see 5 icons. If there are more, then something is running in the background and eating up memory. Check that and lets go from there.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

niddamugu is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Carrier
    GLO Nigeria
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder12 View Post
    If you press and hold the BlackBerry icon key, you should see 5 icons. If there are more, then something is running in the background and eating up memory. Check that and lets go from there.
    tried that last night and this morning the phone LED was blinking for a recharge, though did not go off like other days...........anymore suggestions...?....plzzzz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast