Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 33 to 40 of 42

  1. #33
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Pain I doubt screen protector would interfere as proximity sensor is located where the led light is and most screen protectors only cover the screen. I can't speak for cases as if they are not precisely cut, they may cover the led.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Producer View Post
    I'm with Olta. I love my Storm 2. I had to exchange mine today because the proximity sensor wasn't working. My new one works perfect!

    Would a screen protector prevent the proximity sensor from working? I think mine did.
    Posted via BlackBerry device



  2. #34
    Pain Producer's Avatar
    Pain Producer is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Posts
    940
    Gotcha. Thank you. Can you explain the proximity sensor please? Is it when I pull the phone away from my face, the screen comes back on?

  3. #35
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    YES! The more the merrier! I do agree that blackberrys make emailing a breeze and absolutely no other smart phone does it better! I really hope with coming competition, that RIM is also cooking lots of surprises down the road for us.

    Quote Originally Posted by beachbunnimom View Post
    You said it Olta!! I'll be joining the new "club" soon. Droid, schmoid. I am a business user, and I need push email. I'm also a technojunky. Hook us up RIM!

    I also agree with whoever said RIM needs MORE app developers. I know most are 3rd party, but we have the memory now, the speed, so let's get programming PEOPLE!!!!
    Posted via BlackBerry device



  4. #36
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    That's exactly it and when you bring it close to face, the screen turns off. This one is a must on all touch screen phones.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Producer View Post
    Gotcha. Thank you. Can you explain the proximity sensor please? Is it when I pull the phone away from my face, the screen comes back on?
    Posted via BlackBerry device

  5. #37
    Pain Producer's Avatar
    Pain Producer is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Posts
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    That's exactly it and when you bring it close to face, the screen turns off. This one is a must on all touch screen phones.



    Posted via BlackBerry device
    I agree. My first Storm 2 did not do that. The new one I got today works perfect. I love that feature. Now if I could get my BBM 5 to reload from my email I would;d be all set. Seems like RIM is trying to fix that one.

    GO STORM 2!



  6. #38
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Producer View Post
    I agree. My first Storm 2 did not do that. The new one I got today works perfect. I love that feature. Now if I could get my BBM 5 to reload from my email I would;d be all set. Seems like RIM is trying to fix that one.

    GO STORM 2!
    Pain you may try registering host routing table, and sending your service books again. Seems it came back about 3am or so.

  7. #39
    Prince Jah's Avatar
    Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beantown MA
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Pain you may try registering host routing table, and sending your service books again. Seems it came back about 3am or so.
    Just an FYI to JN and Pain......This is a none issue w/BBM right now and its an issue that Rim is trying to fix. My device was stuck on verifying my email...In the mean time, If device was backed up thru DM, just go thru the advanced portion of the restore option, find the saved backup file and just xfer the blackberry Messenger file from the backup file into the device. Avatars will pop up eventually on device after a while. It worked for me!

  8. #40
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Jah View Post
    Just an FYI to JN and Pain......This is a none issue w/BBM right now and its an issue that Rim is trying to fix. My device was stuck on verifying my email...In the mean time, If device was backed up thru DM, just go thru the advanced portion of the restore option, find the saved backup file and just xfer the blackberry Messenger file from the backup file into the device. Avatars will pop up eventually on device after a while. It worked for me!
    They fixed it

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •