S2 Print on WiFi?
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: S2 Print on WiFi?

  1. #1
    Le0_Br4zuC4's Avatar
    Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    398
    Liked
    0 times

    S2 Print on WiFi?

    I have a HP Wireless printer at my house and now I have the S2 that also its a WiFi device, I already have the S2 setup on my WiFi and I can send/receive, browse the web and use my bbm while I'm on a call. Now I was wondering if anyone heard or know of anyway for us S2 owners to be able to print a doc, email or maybe a picture from the S2 using the WiFi printer? I think it will be a nice way of using the WiFi :-)



    Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428


  2. #2
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Le0_Br4zuC4 View Post
    I have a HP Wireless printer at my house and now I have the S2 that also its a WiFi device, I already have the S2 setup on my WiFi and I can send/receive, browse the web and use my bbm while I'm on a call. Now I was wondering if anyone heard or know of anyway for us S2 owners to be able to print a doc, email or maybe a picture from the S2 using the WiFi printer? I think it will be a nice way of using the WiFi :-)
    I would imagine an app would be needed for that as there is no 'print' button on your bb to tell the information sent what to do.

  3. #3
    drtechy's Avatar
    drtechy is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wentzville, MO
    Device
    blackberry storm 9630
    OS
    4.7.0.148
    Posts
    60
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Le0_Br4zuC4 View Post
    I have a HP Wireless printer at my house and now I have the S2 that also its a WiFi device, I already have the S2 setup on my WiFi and I can send/receive, browse the web and use my bbm while I'm on a call. Now I was wondering if anyone heard or know of anyway for us S2 owners to be able to print a doc, email or maybe a picture from the S2 using the WiFi printer? I think it will be a nice way of using the WiFi :-)
    The only app I've ever seen to make this happen is Metamessage, however this requires a server, and a network printer as opposed to a wifi printer. But maybe someone is developing an app out there.

  4. #4
    Le0_Br4zuC4's Avatar
    Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    398
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by drtechy View Post
    The only app I've ever seen to make this happen is Metamessage, however this requires a server, and a network printer as opposed to a wifi printer. But maybe someone is developing an app out there.
    Yeah I know, would just be nice having this feature on a BlackBerry

    Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

  5. #5
    drtechy's Avatar
    drtechy is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wentzville, MO
    Device
    blackberry storm 9630
    OS
    4.7.0.148
    Posts
    60
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Le0_Br4zuC4 View Post
    Yeah I know, would just be nice having this feature on a BlackBerry
    Agreed, we use metamessage in our BES environment and the users love it. Of course I get the question a lot about printing to their home printers, but metamessage allows them to fax also to any fax machine.

  6. #6
    Le0_Br4zuC4's Avatar
    Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    398
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by drtechy View Post
    Agreed, we use metamessage in our BES environment and the users love it. Of course I get the question a lot about printing to their home printers, but metamessage allows them to fax also to any fax machine.
    That's nice ... Print and Fax from you blackberry! That is super nice I would love it too

    Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

  7. #7
    sunkast Guest
    I think there is an app for this, but can't remember the name off the top of my head. Though it did come at a price.

  8. #8
    sunkast Guest

  9. #9
    Le0_Br4zuC4's Avatar
    Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    398
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, you're the one! :1244:

    Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •