OS
    Liked
    0 times
    you gotta be kidding me lol

Buzzdar is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    anyone know the retail price of the droid?

cj100570 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cj100570 On Twitter
    PIN
    306051B3
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Looks like my choice has been made easier for me. The only reason I was gonna S2 and ditch my S1 was for the wifi. I'm gonna withhold judgement on this though. They didn't cripple the Omnia so I don't see why they would do it to the S2. And as best as I can tell from all the reviews of the Droid no one has had any issues with wifi on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Semper Paratus"

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    I believe that's what Brett means. You can use wifi for internet but if you want to use the features you listed thru wifi (text/bbm/voice and data, etc) then the data plan is $44. Great job vzw!

Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    odd tho...dont get bbm or emails or make calls on just wifi...thought it was for data...one way or the other...there is an issue but it isnt bis or bes related..so smack the rep that told u
    Posted via BlackBerry device

yourfriendwayned is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow yourfriendwayned On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

My solution

no for real though call your vzw tech..tell them that you need the service books for wifi and to switch to BES then tell them to credit it and put you back to bis after you get the new service books and see that your wifi is white... after that you will have the appropriate service books... it is an issue with vzw and rim..and now they know.. they will be fixing but for the meantime they can do this for you free of charge... good luck!
    Visit www.WJDDesigns.com (Mobile Friendly) for All things Berry,Tech Blogs, and my Recent Theme News!
    Thanks to everyone who has purchased WJD Designs Premium themes YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

sherb is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    217C6DC3
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    this seems crazy... i would be enraged if rogers did that. i dont even fully understand how it is effected by a seperate plan but i would be very upset. from what i've just read i'm understanding that BES instead of BIS will allow this to work. if thats the case do they not offer lower priced BES packages or is just the one plan? i was under the impression that most carriers offered varying levels of cost and data for both BES and BIS.

givmedew is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow givmedew On Twitter
    PIN
    the tail on the donky
    Device
    Moto Droid, 9530 and 8230
    OS
    Android 2.0, v10 Hybrid, and 5.0 leak for pearl
    Liked
    0 times
    Its funny to see everyone on this forum jump the gun and point fingers at vzw and claiming they are doing this to make more money. No one actually knows for sure if Verizon did this on purpose. I highly doubt that they did. Why would they want to upset customers and loose the chance to offload network traffic to another carriers network? This is a loose loose for Verizon if they where actually doing what all of you are saying. If Verizon gets to have all of your traffic go through someone elses connection then Verizon WINS they will likely resolve this issue as they probably dont want all these rumors to keep flying around about how they cripple this and cripple that. You know what my step dad said today! Well Verizon charges for tethering and ATT doesn't I'm sick of the lies wake up and smell the coffee. This is a glitch with an answer/fix in the future.

Good job fueling the fake fire people!
    PLEASE, dl DUB @ DUBMENOW.COM, soon2be the standard in contact/PIM exchange.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything I say CAN'T and WILL NOT be used against me. Also anything said has nothing to do with my employeer and probably is not in agreeance w/them...

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    Eh, I disagree with you. Verizon had plenty of time to test the wifi before releasing. Just like with the first Storm, they rushed to get it out before it was 100% ready. Will they fix it? They're gonna have to in order to keep their RIM customers. Even if they do lose RIM customers, they will still have them since they are all going to the Droid.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the Storm 2. I really was not impressed with it for the first few hours but I love it now! Every one makes mistakes but Verizon had plenty of time to test wifi and other features to make sure they worked before releasing.

Llcouttien is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times

Is this true?

Is verizon really forcing us to upgrade our accounts in order to get complete use of wifi? I sure hope this really isn't the case. I did personally try it out and update my account to BES and my wifi symbol on my phone tuned from grey to white. I then proceeded to change it back and sure enough, there went my white wifi symbol and is now back at grey again. I will definitely try to see what I can do with customer service as I have heard that some customers have been able to get that $15 credited back to their accounts so they don't pay a price difference between the BIS and BES service. If I am unable to do so, I believe I more then likely I will be returning my new storm2 as it wouldn't make much of a difference between this phone and my storm1. :28:
    -Lamarr

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Llcouttien View Post
    Is verizon really forcing us to upgrade our accounts in order to get complete use of wifi? I sure hope this really isn't the case. I did personally try it out and update my account to BES and my wifi symbol on my phone tuned from grey to white. I then proceeded to change it back and sure enough, there went my white wifi symbol and is now back at grey again. I will definitely try to see what I can do with customer service as I have heard that some customers have been able to get that $15 credited back to their accounts so they don't pay a price difference between the BIS and BES service. If I am unable to do so, I believe I more then likely I will be returning my new storm2 as it wouldn't make much of a difference between this phone and my storm1. :28:
    Here is what I understand. The seems to be a glitch that RIM and VZW are working out and once they do will send their relevant service books. In the meantime, call VZW CS explain the situation and they should upgrade to the higher plan for free.

waylonp is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow waylonp On Twitter
    PIN
    20E74314
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't understand why people are raving about the droid, reminds me of the palm pre prior to launch. Secondly its a motorola and last time I checked their phones sucked.

I'll reserve judgment until its launched and properly tested.

miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by waylonp View Post
    I don't understand why people are raving about the droid, reminds me of the palm pre prior to launch. Secondly its a motorola and last time I checked their phones sucked.

I'll reserve judgment until its launched and properly tested.
    Maybe because it (the droid) will work correctly out of the box unlike the S1 and apparently the S2 :1244:. even if VZW and RIM fix it. What a terrible mistakeHow could you not have the service books ready on your flagship device?. Droid does release next week. At the pointIi will be moving (along with 10 friends) to a new device 9Droid). Maybe one day RIM and VZW will actually get it together :no:.

mousr26 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    30FD6D9D
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Question

Then how is it when i was at home i can turn off my radio and the wifi still works.. I was testing it on my s2 and seemed to work with no problem and i only pay the 29.99 per month data plan. So do you think mine is supposed to be that way or not.

Buzzdar is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    vzw just dont care about the customer any more. its all about the $$$

Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mousr26 View Post
    Then how is it when i was at home i can turn off my radio and the wifi still works.. I was testing it on my s2 and seemed to work with no problem and i only pay the 29.99 per month data plan. So do you think mine is supposed to be that way or not.

If i'm reading this correctly. It works but not to the full capabiltiy. you can surf the web and all, but the BBM MMS text stuff...well apparently that's not working correctly :no:

waylonp is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow waylonp On Twitter
    PIN
    20E74314
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by miami1683 View Post
    Maybe because it (the droid) will work correctly out of the box unlike the S1 and apparently the S2 :1244:. even if VZW and RIM fix it. What a terrible mistakeHow could you not have the service books ready on your flagship device?. Droid does release next week. At the pointIi will be moving (along with 10 friends) to a new device 9Droid). Maybe one day RIM and VZW will actually get it together :no:.
    It working right out of the box is merely a guess but good luck to you.

Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by waylonp View Post
    It working right out of the box is merely a guess but good luck to you.
    This is true, but it can't be any worse than S1 on release day :no:. Second issue with S2 in 48 hrs . I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I already have a friend who's screen on the S2 failed and had to get it replaced once too :no:. I'll take my chance with something different .

Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzdar View Post
    vzw just dont care about the customer any more. its all about the $$$
    I'm not sure it's that. I'm sure they care. It's more like they don't have a very good field test team on this stuff. Just pack and ship. Then fix the issues along the way. If they had better testers i'm sure the release issues would be caught. Just my opinion. I know first hand and for sure there are companies who have a rock solid field test department. Just because it works in the labs correctly. Doesn't mean it works in the field correctly! There are lots of variables to it too.

oilman is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30FD4F5D
    Device
    Storm 2- 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

THEY FIXED IT!! Just send service books and it automatically changes to white

oilman is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30FD4F5D
    Device
    Storm 2- 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I hope this isn't going to be the case, but my white turned to grey after a few minutes. I resent service books and it came right back

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast