PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

well...i actually backed out

i got to the store and the guy pulled on out with my name on it.i went over to play with the demo they had set up. i played with it for about 15 minutes and decided to not get it. it worked great and i loved it but it wasn't a big enough change from the storm1 to waste an upgrade on it. the biggest change i was looking for was the new screen but i guess my original storm has one of the few flawless screens and there was just not that big of a difference. the 124 free mb's did look great.

i'm going to wait till the big "droid" comes out and see if i want to try one of those. they are hitting verizon 11/6.

:1244:
    lighten up....life's too short!

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Wirelessly posted (Storm 9530 )

I'm on the fence to cat. I'm going in this afternoon to play.

I saw the video Bryan posted and thought twice.

catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Storm 9530 )

I'm on the fence to cat. I'm going in this afternoon to play.

I saw the video Bryan posted and thought twice.
    ha...just got through watching it....i think i will be droiding...

rookietrader is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow rookietrader On Twitter
    PIN
    on pluto...available upon request
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i got to the store and the guy pulled on out with my name on it.i went over to play with the demo they had set up. i played with it for about 15 minutes and decided to not get it. it worked great and i loved it but it wasn't a big enough change from the storm1 to waste an upgrade on it. the biggest change i was looking for was the new screen but i guess my original storm has one of the few flawless screens and there was just not that big of a difference. the 124 free mb's did look great.

i'm going to wait till the big "droid" comes out and see if i want to try one of those. they are hitting verizon 11/6.
    omg i totally agree with you...thats how i felt when i played with the storm2 this morning. it typed almost the same as a storm1...a little difference. what else is rim working on...they are churning out new devices...can we see a storm3 in the summer. also with the android does anyone know if it will have push email?
    Last edited by rookietrader; 10-28-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm on the fence as well. If you do a comparison they are pretty much identical. They even have the same battery size. I will wait for next year and S3 to come out.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    don't get me wrong ,i love my storm and the storm2 seems to be just a bit better but i have never used a phone for over a year (easily bored) and if i got the storm2 i don't really see much of a change at all.i'm thinkin the droid will keep it exciting for me.

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rookietrader View Post
    omg i totally agree with you...thats how i felt when i played with the storm2 this morning. it typed almost the same as a storm1...a little difference. what else is rim working on...they are churning out new devices...can we see a storm3 in the summer. also with the android does anyone know if it will have push email?
    Here are some posts on upcoming Android devices with VZW. It won't have push but it will poll but I am willing to overlook the no push for the other features

Android -

rookietrader is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow rookietrader On Twitter
    PIN
    on pluto...available upon request
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    don't get me wrong ,i love my storm and the storm2 seems to be just a bit better but i have never used a phone for over a year (easily bored) and if i got the storm2 i don't really see much of a change at all.i'm thinkin the droid will keep it exciting for me.
    i'm pretty much the same...i bought this phone in march and ready for a new one but i'm not going to buy a new phone thats basically the same phone...bored with 5.0...its been leaked and well it would have been nice for another change with the os...but storm2 looks good still.

xkwwwx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    dammoni-uhhhhm
    Device
    Verizon 9530/Droid
    OS
    Lyricidal .238/296 Hybrid/android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9530)

The new storm is great but I am going to Wait for lte/4g. I was impressed but I have my s1 working so good right now I can wait.
    FREE 95xx ALIENWARE OMEGA SLIDER BY ZLEE67 http://tinyurl.com/alienware-omega
    VAPE INTELLICIGS AT WWW.INTELLICIG.COM
    BBOS ROCKS

polar135 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow polar135 On Twitter
    PIN
    not for sharing
    Device
    Droix X FTW
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    having the option to upgrade every year is nice. So i will check them all when i can upgrade and then decide. all ya can do. i see the need to test drive even. I know i will like the storm 2, but what about the others.

And my storm 1 suxs. leaks really bad, and i just got a replacement phone on Monday, still leaks. blah.

mj2332166 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm with y'all on this one... I went to the store knowing for sure I was gonna buy it. I don't have an upgrade but I "know" someone that could get me the 2 year price. SO, I was playing around while he was busy helping someone and thought to myself why am I gonna spend an extra 200 bucks when I have pretty much the same phone in my pocket, minus the memory... it is pretty much the same phone, and I really didn't like not having the buttons on the bottom. I thought it was just too weird. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it works great, but seeing as we all have had 5.0 for a couple weeks now, its just too much for the same phone.

Plus do we know that once this "droid" hits the shelves are we gonna be looking at a 99.00 price for the storm 2 cause no one is buying it...

just don't know yet with this one, all this hype and it was pretty much the same thing. kinda disappointing if you ask me.

Storm5150 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Storm5150 On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .713 based Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    I haven't tried the S2 since I would have to pay full price and based on what I'm hearing from everyone it's not a bad thing to not have an upgrade and I think we just figured out why there isn't any big ad campaign by VZW
    When in doubt, pull the battery out!

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Either I have the worst screen on the Storm 1 or the best screen on the Storm 2 but IMO, WOW the screen is like night and day to me. Don't get me wrong I loved the original Storm and used if for almost a whole year ( a record for me) but the new screen on Storm 2 is just so much better that I just can't se myself ever thinking of Storm 1 again. Just my two cents

awtryau89 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    NA
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    Guys, I too went to the Big Red store today.

A bit of a background story.

I have 2 cell accounts. Work pays for one with AT&T completely. My other is personal with Verizon. I have not been using the Verizon account and downgraded it to a minimum monthly. I thought the Storm 2 may get me back on board.

More background.

I have been a berry user for over 5 years. Tried iPhone and had it less than 2 weeks and went back to my Bold from work. My company is even giving us iPhones now for free. I am getting one just so I have my Exchange account open as I am just set up with BES now.

Why all this background. Well I just had to somehow show I am/was a devoted berry user.

Anyway, on to the real stuff. This summer on a whim, I purchased a HTC Magic from a friend in Canada, This phone is an Android device from Rogers and works on AT&T 3g bands. I have been using it and loving it. It does everything that my blackberry but better. It does everything I ever wanted in an iPhone but better. Things that I just like such as notification light colors and ringtones for each different thing like Twitter, SMS, Calendar alerts, different email account alerts. The UI is awesome and the customization endless. Open source is awesome and there are so many ROMs and tweaks you can do. Rooting is a must. The Market chews up and spits out AppWorld. I could go on and on.

So, in to the Verzion store I went. I think hey, I check out the new Storm and maybe its just the thing to lure me back to Blackberry. After 5 minutes I was out of there. Yeah, its better than the S1. The problem is I just can't go back to the RIM OS. It is just not there, polished, friendly, easy....Android is where its at. I hate to say it but RIM is going to have to really step up soon. My company and many others are jumping ship to Exchange Activesync based phones. Security is not an issue any longer and RIM is going to lose more and more. This was their niche and as it erodes, so will they. I hope one day they can create a device that will bring me back.

Anyway, if your one the fence, wait another week. Pick up a Droid. You have 30 days. Its only $20 more than the S2. It has a bigger screen and a real keyboard. An its biggest asset, Android OS. I will continue to visit these boards as I have a Bold and probably a Bold 9700 from my company. But for me, its Android all the way. This is just the beginning. Get on board or get left behind.

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by awtryau89 View Post

I will continue to visit these boards as I have a Bold and probably a Bold 9700 from my company. But for me, its Android all the way. This is just the beginning. Get on board or get left behind.
    don't leave! scroll down and join us in the android forum

P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    I was in the store waiting to upgrade my phone or add a line, but played with the storm2 for 15 minutes. I know this is not a lot of time with a device but I was impressed with the phone but I did not see anything worth paying the money for the device. If I did not have the S1 then I would have bought it on the spot but I too am going to wait until next friday to check out the DROID.

Bxrider117 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    I did not make it to the VZW store to test drive the S2 because I am already totally sold on the Droid. I am waiting for that to come out before I make a decission. If I do not like either, I am going to auction my upgrade on Ebay. I've got one update now and another in December.

I think the droid is going to be hot, but a little skeptical about a slide phone.

givmedew is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow givmedew On Twitter
    PIN
    the tail on the donky
    Device
    Moto Droid, 9530 and 8230
    OS
    Android 2.0, v10 Hybrid, and 5.0 leak for pearl
    Liked
    0 times
    The way that I adjusted the screen on my storm plus the way I have it set up right now I think that I may wait I have absolutely no complaints about my s1 except battery life and its better than the pearl flip so not much I can do except spend the money on a seido battery and spare charger.

As for the android... if the screen isnt rock hard and require zero pressure then count me out. I may be sticking with my s1 for quite a while as I dislike touch screens that require pressure.
    PLEASE, dl DUB @ DUBMENOW.COM, soon2be the standard in contact/PIM exchange.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything I say CAN'T and WILL NOT be used against me. Also anything said has nothing to do with my employeer and probably is not in agreeance w/them...

Drukan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Either I have the worst screen on the Storm 1 or the best screen on the Storm 2 but IMO, WOW the screen is like night and day to me. Don't get me wrong I loved the original Storm and used if for almost a whole year ( a record for me) but the new screen on Storm 2 is just so much better that I just can't se myself ever thinking of Storm 1 again. Just my two cents
    I went in today just to play with it and i agree... the S2 screen is amazing.. i clicked that thing dayum near 1000 times while standin there in the store jus playin with it ... its the one thing still keeping me on the fence about the Droid..

saso07 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    Just ask plz :)
    Device
    Blackberry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Agreed cat!!! I like my S1 now that its running great and I also believe is not different enough to change

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast