Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

PIN
    dammoni-uhhhhm
    Device
    Verizon 9530/Droid
    OS
    Lyricidal .238/296 Hybrid/android 2.0
    Wirelessly posted (9530)

The new storm is great but I am going to Wait for lte/4g. I was impressed but I have my s1 working so good right now I can wait.

PIN
    not for sharing
    Device
    Droix X FTW
    OS
    having the option to upgrade every year is nice. So i will check them all when i can upgrade and then decide. all ya can do. i see the need to test drive even. I know i will like the storm 2, but what about the others.

And my storm 1 suxs. leaks really bad, and i just got a replacement phone on Monday, still leaks. blah.

Device
    storm
    OS
    I'm with y'all on this one... I went to the store knowing for sure I was gonna buy it. I don't have an upgrade but I "know" someone that could get me the 2 year price. SO, I was playing around while he was busy helping someone and thought to myself why am I gonna spend an extra 200 bucks when I have pretty much the same phone in my pocket, minus the memory... it is pretty much the same phone, and I really didn't like not having the buttons on the bottom. I thought it was just too weird. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it works great, but seeing as we all have had 5.0 for a couple weeks now, its just too much for the same phone.

Plus do we know that once this "droid" hits the shelves are we gonna be looking at a 99.00 price for the storm 2 cause no one is buying it...

just don't know yet with this one, all this hype and it was pretty much the same thing. kinda disappointing if you ask me.

Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .713 based Hybrid
    I haven't tried the S2 since I would have to pay full price and based on what I'm hearing from everyone it's not a bad thing to not have an upgrade and I think we just figured out why there isn't any big ad campaign by VZW

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Either I have the worst screen on the Storm 1 or the best screen on the Storm 2 but IMO, WOW the screen is like night and day to me. Don't get me wrong I loved the original Storm and used if for almost a whole year ( a record for me) but the new screen on Storm 2 is just so much better that I just can't se myself ever thinking of Storm 1 again. Just my two cents

PIN
    NA
    Device
    Guys, I too went to the Big Red store today.

A bit of a background story.

I have 2 cell accounts. Work pays for one with AT&T completely. My other is personal with Verizon. I have not been using the Verizon account and downgraded it to a minimum monthly. I thought the Storm 2 may get me back on board.

More background.

I have been a berry user for over 5 years. Tried iPhone and had it less than 2 weeks and went back to my Bold from work. My company is even giving us iPhones now for free. I am getting one just so I have my Exchange account open as I am just set up with BES now.

Why all this background. Well I just had to somehow show I am/was a devoted berry user.

Anyway, on to the real stuff. This summer on a whim, I purchased a HTC Magic from a friend in Canada, This phone is an Android device from Rogers and works on AT&T 3g bands. I have been using it and loving it. It does everything that my blackberry but better. It does everything I ever wanted in an iPhone but better. Things that I just like such as notification light colors and ringtones for each different thing like Twitter, SMS, Calendar alerts, different email account alerts. The UI is awesome and the customization endless. Open source is awesome and there are so many ROMs and tweaks you can do. Rooting is a must. The Market chews up and spits out AppWorld. I could go on and on.

So, in to the Verzion store I went. I think hey, I check out the new Storm and maybe its just the thing to lure me back to Blackberry. After 5 minutes I was out of there. Yeah, its better than the S1. The problem is I just can't go back to the RIM OS. It is just not there, polished, friendly, easy....Android is where its at. I hate to say it but RIM is going to have to really step up soon. My company and many others are jumping ship to Exchange Activesync based phones. Security is not an issue any longer and RIM is going to lose more and more. This was their niche and as it erodes, so will they. I hope one day they can create a device that will bring me back.

Anyway, if your one the fence, wait another week. Pick up a Droid. You have 30 days. Its only $20 more than the S2. It has a bigger screen and a real keyboard. An its biggest asset, Android OS. I will continue to visit these boards as I have a Bold and probably a Bold 9700 from my company. But for me, its Android all the way. This is just the beginning. Get on board or get left behind.

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by awtryau89 View Post

I will continue to visit these boards as I have a Bold and probably a Bold 9700 from my company. But for me, its Android all the way. This is just the beginning. Get on board or get left behind.
    don't leave! scroll down and join us in the android forum

PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    I was in the store waiting to upgrade my phone or add a line, but played with the storm2 for 15 minutes. I know this is not a lot of time with a device but I was impressed with the phone but I did not see anything worth paying the money for the device. If I did not have the S1 then I would have bought it on the spot but I too am going to wait until next friday to check out the DROID.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast