Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got my s2

PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    I just gave my first try and tried the nice rout. Said I have had 2 replacements, still not 100% happy with the storm. I checked out the S2 today in a store and I want it. I have three line with you, and the problems I've had with the S1 cant we work something out to get me the 2yr price of the S2?

Their answer "Nope." I think the person was new though because I asked about the 1 year upgrade and she read the policy to me. I'm going to try the store tomorrow with the same story and if that doesn't work back to the call center one more time before I cave and add a line and cancel after 31 days.

I guess the being nice rout is not the way to go either. I did request to do the survey call, if I get one I'm going to light it up about how they dont take care of their long time customers and treat new customers better, etc...Hope fully someone will read it and intervene in the spirit of customer satisfaction.

Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Quote Originally Posted by nino1831 View Post
    it worked for me
    Just gave your technique a try with Verizon on the phone. No luck
    Best they could do was an early upgrade price, but I said I'll think about it.

PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

Quote Originally Posted by olta777
    I tried calling 3 times this morning without luck. I have 3 lines and if I tell them I will cancel, and they still don't, then what do I do? I really don't want to cancel. :17:

Quote Originally Posted by nino1831 View Post
    Big Red? They have the best customer service out there they didnt give me a problem after i told them i would cancel :P
    Posted via BlackBerry device
    Same exact situation. 3 lines with them. Called and the lady would not budge 1 inch.

Device
    Storm
    OS

Quote Originally Posted by bgunckel View Post
    I'm in the same boat. As a new Verizon customer I had to sign up for 2 years. I'll go to a 1-year contract next time, but it won't be until Nov. 2010. Hopefully, by then there will be a Verizon version of the iPhone, just for a little competition!

if you are on a qualified rate plan 59.99 and higher i think ...you can get an annual upgrade and if its not on your account then call in and ask how to get the annual upgrade..

PIN
    30F7ADA8
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremeviper02 View Post
    if you are on a qualified rate plan 59.99 and higher i think ...you can get an annual upgrade and if its not on your account then call in and ask how to get the annual upgrade..

PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Again I believe they are getting inundated with calls today from angry S1 owners that want to upgrade, I am sure they were informed that the standard answer is NO! So i will be interested in how many people are REALLY getting upgraded..........

Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb252 View Post
    SOOOOOOOOO,
    Who is going to be the first to try and upgrade to .328????

Waiting....waiting....G
    Since no one has replied to this, I will; and save anyone who was going to try this the time......

Since the hardware ID of the 9550 is different from the 9530; there is no way to load anything from a 9530 OS other than the Java (COD) files onto the 9550. It simply won't work. The SFI file will not be able to be installed. It would be no different than trying to install a 9500 OS onto a 9530.

Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by HarlyFan View Post
    Again I believe they are getting inundated with calls today from angry S1 owners that want to upgrade, I am sure they were informed that the standard answer is NO! So i will be interested in how many people are REALLY getting upgraded..........
    And truthfully, unless a person has had a laundry list of DOCUMENTED issues with their S1 there is no reason the answer should be anything but "No!"

By DOCUMENTED I mean Verizon has replaced the device more than once for an actual issue; not that someone suddenly decides that a problem they had 3 months ago and failed to report is suddenly a good reason for an early upgrade.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast