up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by painlessone View Post
    I was just in a Verizon store looking at the S2. I had no intentions of buying it, I just wanted to see it and test the keyboard. I told the manager I would probably get one when my contract for my Storm 1 was up. We talked about the WiFi issues etc. I did not even ask the guy for an upgrade. I told him I liked the Storm 1 with the official 5.0 upgrade etc. and he said "just hold off until the end of November and I think you will be pleasantly suprised at Verizon's announcment for Storm 1 users". Who knows?
    What would happen to those that ended up getting the S2? This is depressing, for me, 'cause I just picked up the S2 about 2hrs ago.:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::17::17::17:

So here's a q'stion anyone, I used an upgrade on another line to get the S2, can i return the S2 and have the upgrade still b available for later use?
    Last edited by quiet1; 10-31-2009 at 10:49 PM.

A hybrid junkie...due to the one and only... crackman!!

HarlyFan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Liked
    0 times
    I would be SHOCKED if Verizon does anything for theS1 owners......
    Live Each Day Like You Are Dying!

Spotmark is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by quiet1 View Post
    So here's a q'stion anyone, I used an upgrade on another line to get the S2, can i return the S2 and have the upgrade still b available for later use?
    Yes, you can. As long as you do it within 30 days. Before I ordered the S2, I had purchased an HTC Imagio, turned out to be a giant turd imo, so I sent it back, waited a week, and purchased the S2 when it was released.

Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Hmmmm themes from Storm 1 do work on Storm 2 with the same problem we had on the Storm 1 with .328 but there's a work around it! Right now I'm using appleberry dark and its looking good

Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

dlsolo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow dlsolo On Twitter
    PIN
    the tail on the iPhone
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Just got back from the Verizon store and I switched to the Storm2, from the AT&T Bold. I'm absolutely impressed on the data coverage!!!!

It looks it will take me a bit to get use to the Storm2, but I'm excited!!!
    dlsolo@blackberryos.com
    GTalk: dlsolo@gmail.com
    GWave: dlsolo@googlewave.com

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dlsolo View Post
    Just got back from the Verizon store and I switched to the Storm2, from the AT&T Bold. I'm absolutely impressed on the data coverage!!!!

It looks it will take me a bit to get use to the Storm2, but I'm excited!!!
    Congrats! I would be excited too.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

quiet1 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Liked
    0 times
    Q'stion about the LED light. I wanted to know if it's just my S2 of if this was done on purpose on all S2's. So the LED light is a big thing for me, I always have it on and that's basically my way of checking if I have any messages, sms, BBM, w/e it is, w/o having to turn on the phone. Now on the S1 the actual light seem to right where the opening is(the little space for the LED light) on the S2 it seems the light is actually to the left of the opening, seems to b done so the light isn't too bright? If i view the light from the right side of the phone (meaning I move the phone towards the left of me) I can see the light brighter, but looking at it or moving it to the right of me, makes it less bright.

Anyone else storm 2 do the same? It's annoying 'cause when I'm driving, taking a quick glims at the phone doesn't help, cause I can't see if it's green or red that's flashing.

BTW, is anyone having a hard time removing their SD card? I've tried for the last 5mins and it wont budge, its like stuck in their. Also (just curious) is anyone have Vodafone written under Verizon on their sim/global card.
    Last edited by quiet1; 11-01-2009 at 10:53 PM.
    A hybrid junkie...due to the one and only... crackman!!

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    Q'stion about the LED light. I wanted to know if it's just my S2 of if this was done on purpose on all S2's. So the LED light is a big thing for me, I always have it on and that's basically my way of checking if I have any messages, sms, BBM, w/e it is, w/o having to turn on the phone. Now on the S1 the actual light seem to right where the opening is(the little space for the LED light) on the S2 it seems the light is actually to the left of the opening, seems to b done so the light isn't too bright? If i view the light from the right side of the phone (meaning I move the phone towards the left of me) I can see the light brighter, but looking at it or moving it to the right of me, makes it less bright.

Anyone else storm 2 do the same? It's annoying 'cause when I'm driving, taking a quick glims at the phone doesn't help, cause I can't see if it's green or red that's flashing.

BTW, is anyone having a hard time removing their SD card? I've tried for the last 5mins and it wont budge, its like stuck in their. Also (just curious) is anyone have Vodafone written under Verizon on their sim/global card.
    I have asked for help from the help team, hopefully someone can answer your questions.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times

I just checked and you are right, if the phone is to the right of me, while I still can see the light it is much dimmer than if the light is to the left of me.

I was able to remove my SD card without any issues.

Are you referring to what is written on the SD card itself?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Vodafone and Verizon are one in the same. That is why the Sim card says it. All verizon sim cards are voda
    Posted via BlackBerry device

Stale Pancake is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    Congrats! I would be excited too.
    I came from the Tour. Before that also on the AT&T network. Verizon's coverage is so much better and faster, at least in my area anyway.

Yeah, give the keyboard a couple days to get used to. You won't believe how fast you can be with the two-letter per key keyboard. I highly recommend learning that one.
    I go great with Blackberries.

Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Liked
    0 times
    The VAd feature is horrible w/9550. I tried to replaced the files w/the files from .328 but now when I click on the voice dial button, I get an error "Error starting ne_rim_vad:Symbol'VADNatives.getVADVersioninfo' not found"..I guess I will just have to add the ones that came w/.320 and deal w/the horrible options...Anyone else agree?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Jah View Post
    The VAd feature is horrible w/9550. I tried to replaced the files w/the files from .328 but now when I click on the voice dial button, I get an error "Error starting ne_rim_vad:Symbol'VADNatives.getVADVersioninfo' not found"..I guess I will just have to add the ones that came w/.320 and deal w/the horrible options...Anyone else agree?
    I would disagree.. i think it works flawlessly.

dlsolo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow dlsolo On Twitter
    PIN
    the tail on the iPhone
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stale Pancake View Post
    I came from the Tour. Before that also on the AT&T network. Verizon's coverage is so much better and faster, at least in my area anyway.

Yeah, give the keyboard a couple days to get used to. You won't believe how fast you can be with the two-letter per key keyboard. I highly recommend learning that one.
    I already believe how fast I'm typing and it's just been a day. I'm extremely impressed with this BB. I almost want to get another for work...
    dlsolo@blackberryos.com
    GTalk: dlsolo@gmail.com
    GWave: dlsolo@googlewave.com

FISH4RUDY is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Stock .320
    Liked
    1 times
    Just got my Storm 2 this morning, came Fed-Ex over night. Have been glued to it ever since. This thing is awesome! I love it...........

jsanta11 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    305843F7
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Picking mines up tomorrow , Since I didn't qualify for an upgrade they gave me a 349.99 plus 100 MIR so 249.99.. Not bad .. Can't wait till 10am when the store opens
    Storm 9550
    New Vzw Customer

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456