PIN
    pin:333BC5
    Device
    z10
    OS
    Carrier
    verizon

Had the money in my pocket but walked away

I do think the storm 2 is an upgrade over the storm one, but after playing with the s2, Its not $300+ better. If I was eligible for $179 I might have jumped. But 20 minutes of playing with it and my gains would be wifi, a couple of word per minute typing increase and avoiding a battery pull every couple of days.

PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Given the very close App version and Platform version numbers between 5.0.0.320 for the 9550 and 5.0.0.328 for the 9530; I am pretty sure that the OS issues will still exist on your S2.
    That's what I came in to talk about, the S2 OS. The current Official OS for the S1 9530 for VZW (.328) I feel it is a better build, there are some extras features on it that we are missing on the current .320 on the S2. "Adapt Voice" under voice dialing and "Main Message List Setting" under message options are some of what I could see, I am not saying the .320 on S2 its a bad OS because it really is not, it is super fast and I really happy with it, we just need some more leaks and I'm sure that as we go the OS will get only better and better and for sure give us more features with it. What about a feature to turn off the sure press sometimes? Wouldn't be a bad idea :1244:

The phone (S2) its great, I can't say this enough. Call quality its amazing, speaker does a really good job and the screen appears to be a little brighter then the 9530, I was playing a video on both phones and the S2 had a little more quality then S1 (I would like some other members to make a test if possible to confirm this).

Oh, one more thing, its a great feeling having a Storm and not having to worry about memory :haha::hail:

Device
    9530/Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Given the very close App version and Platform version numbers between 5.0.0.320 for the 9550 and 5.0.0.328 for the 9530; I am pretty sure that the OS issues will still exist on your S2.
    Hi Dave,
    I have had the S2 about 6 hours now all my aps loaded back up that worked on S1 5.0 to the S2 and they all work, (well i havent reloaded Doc to go Premium yet) but all the others I list in my sig. work (still cant use the contacts with Hippomobile). But neither of the issues that were on .238 on the S1 are happening on the .230 on the S2 (screen dimming and call screen blacking out) So I am happy about that. I havnt ben in an area to try the WiFi yet so dont know how easy that will be to setup but i thnk ill drop by a coffeehouse on my way home and try it out.
    Am i overly impressed with the S2 no not really it seems to work good pretty quick new screen is nice and i can type faster with less errors, im not sure the internet connection is any faster than S1 on 5.0. So was it worth $129.00 maybe then again maybe not. I have 30 days to return if i'm not happy so maybe ill take a look at the Droid?

PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Was doing some research on the Droid and seems like i too might wait to play w/ the Droid first. Now if only they could do real time e-mail like RIM and there's no doubt Droid has the upper hand.

Decisions, decisions... time will tell.

Device
    storm 2
    OS
    WOOOOO!!!! after 24 storms. Finally a storm 2 in the palm of my hand. VZW replaced my S1 with an S2 and i am in love thus far. typing is amazing. speed is fast..

my only question i.. are we suppose to be able to browse while on the phone???

PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

So what would happen if I called and said iWant a replacement Storm because my screen stoprd clicking right? Would they replace it withS Storm 1 or send me a Storm 2? I'm grasping for straws here lol.

Device
    storm 2
    OS
    well vzw has a policy.. if you have 3 faulty devices within 90 days they will replace it with your device of choice.. i was offered other devices in the past but didn't want to get rid of my storm. so finally a phone i was willing to accept. loving the 2 thus far.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast