BES vs Exchange Active Sync-HELP!!!

Thread: BES vs Exchange Active Sync-HELP!!!

snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Liked
    1 times

BES vs Exchange Active Sync-HELP!!!

Can somebody PLEASE help me...I've got a Storm 1 and was planning to upgrade to a S2 but keep thinking I should consider an Android device. I'm trying to find someone that's used Exchange Active Sync on an Android device (obviously one of the earlier OS's) to tell me what the latency is on email delivery. I'm currently running a BES with my Storm 1 and while I can live with a tiny bit of latency, anything more than a minute or so won't do it for me on the email delivery side.

If anyone has used Exchange Active Sync (on Android) and can provide me their feedback/experience with it, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

sunkast Guest
    Hmm not sure I know anyone that could answer your question.

xjman349 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post
    Can somebody PLEASE help me...I've got a Storm 1 and was planning to upgrade to a S2 but keep thinking I should consider an Android device. I'm trying to find someone that's used Exchange Active Sync on an Android device (obviously one of the earlier OS's) to tell me what the latency is on email delivery. I'm currently running a BES with my Storm 1 and while I can live with a tiny bit of latency, anything more than a minute or so won't do it for me on the email delivery side.

If anyone has used Exchange Active Sync (on Android) and can provide me their feedback/experience with it, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Ok.First thing. When you say Exchange Active Sync are you referring to Verizons Wireless sync? Active sync is a program that windows mobile devices use to connect to the pc. If you are referring to wireless sync I can give you information about it, however before I go spouting off let me make sure thats what you are referring to.

snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xjman349 View Post
    Ok.First thing. When you say Exchange Active Sync are you referring to Verizons Wireless sync? Active sync is a program that windows mobile devices use to connect to the pc. If you are referring to wireless sync I can give you information about it, however before I go spouting off let me make sure thats what you are referring to.
    I'm referring to the Exchange Active Sync program that comes pre-loaded on some phones (such as Palm Pre) and I believe is loaded on HTD Android phone's (the Hero at least) and the Droid (I'm assuming that's the case here since it says the Droid will be compatible with Exchange).